Elgin City 2019/20

Shocked Elgin got beat today having seen them last weekend against us I thought they had more than enough to get by Brechin.

Was a Brechin win the deserved result?

Must be a lack of confidence In the squad as you have better players than where you are in the league table .

29 minutes ago, Auld Git said:

Fed up with this ‘underachieving ‘ nonsense, we are where we are cause of poor performances.
We were in a much better position last season as a team.

Thought you looked a good team on opening day when you beat us 3-0

since then, we havnt looked back and you guys have slumped surprisingly 

Where would Elgin be without big Shane?
Couldn't really be much lower. Shockingly poor start to the season in the league.

Something has got to give soon. Either a run of form or is Gavin Price on a very sticky wicket very soon.

With the squad we have this season there's no way we should be where we are in the league.

Couldn't really be much lower. Shockingly poor start to the season in the league.

Something has got to give soon. Either a run of form or is Gavin Price on a very sticky wicket very soon.

With the squad we have this season there's no way we should be where we are in the league.

No excuse, can’t see a big difference in squad tbf , only difference is last year we were in a better position

As a neutral having looked at the table it's going forward that is the issue. Defensively you boys aren't bad, joint 4th best record so far (not saying that couldn't improve) but only conceded one more than Cove. There needs to be more goals coming throughout the side. 

I think the squad is stronger and don’t think there is any problem with effort but it’s just not happening at the moment. Hope it will change with patience but the longer the poor results go the more confidence goes and pressure builds.

Ive been critical of the defence in the past but think it’s a bit harsh criticising this season so far, we’ve lost a few soft goals but nowhere near the amount of last year. If the team was scoring more our goals against record is good enough to get us results. Need to start scoring but at least we are still creating,  it would be more worrying if they weren’t and frightened to take on shots.

A stronger squad would be doing the business on the park, but position doesn’t lie.
Need points fast
Aye that is true. I would say the positive thing about this group of players is that they are underachieving. So potentially if that changes it wouldn't really surprise you if they went on a decent run of form.
It just needs to start happening sharpish.

I must say Elgin are probably the team I'm most surprised at this season.  I thought reading the threads preseason there was a bit of optimism, and looked like you boys were playing some decent football and that this "might" have been the season to put in a promotion charge.

What's the issue? manager? tactics? poor recruitment?

I must say Elgin are probably the team I'm most surprised at this season.  I thought reading the threads preseason there was a bit of optimism, and looked like you boys were playing some decent football and that this "might" have been the season to put in a promotion charge.
What's the issue? manager? tactics? poor recruitment?
For me it is actually very difficult to put your finger on why we have started so poorly, especially since we have had a few very positive results in the cup competitions.
Recruitment was good at the start of the season.
We have been very unlucky with injuries but that can only be an excuse for so long.
Just have to hope this run ends soon and we start climbing the league.
Don't think changing the manager would be the answer.

31 minutes ago, Super Elgin City said:

For me it is actually very difficult to put your finger on why we have started so poorly, especially since we have had a few very positive results in the cup competitions.
Recruitment was good at the start of the season.
We have been very unlucky with injuries but that can only be an excuse for so long.
Just have to hope this run ends soon and we start climbing the league.
Don't think changing the manager would be the answer.

Fair enough.

Yeah, when I noticed the cup results and the optimism of pre-season etc things looked on the up but it just seems to have went to absolute sh*te recently.

Shane is the league's top scorer with six out of only eight goals scored in eight games, whilst defensively only three teams have conceded less, so a very simplistic conclusion would be a lack of goals from the rest of the side is the reason for why Elgin aren't getting results. Kane seems to have dried up since the betting thing came out - possibly coincidence, but equally possible that it's affecting his game - so perhaps trying somebody else up top with Shane could be worth a go? Just an observation / thought.