Elgin City 2019/20

Another shocking result in the league today.

As much as we have had some great results in the cup and our team look strong on paper, the realistic position we are in is if we lose at home to Cove next Saturday which must be a good possibility we could move to the bottom of the league.

Yet another season of absolute mediocrity.

Sick fed up of it[emoji35]

On 14/09/2019 at 16:59, Super Elgin City said:

Another shocking result in the league today.

As much as we have had some great results in the cup and our team look strong on paper, the realistic position we are in is if we lose at home to Cove next Saturday which must be a good possibility we could move to the bottom of the league.

Yet another season of absolute mediocrity.

Sick fed up of itemoji35.png

If you play like you did against Cowden, you won’t be far away. Cove will score but so can Elgin, Cove’s defence is their Achilles heel.Would be a good game for the neutral.

Still feel we have a team capable of doing well in this league but as has been pointed out it’s points on the board that count. I think with a bit of patience we will come good. As for Cove, while I would not be surprised if they beat us well, it is the type of game that I see the players being up for and with a bit of home backing think a surprise result might be in the offing.

29 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Still feel we have a team capable of doing well in this league but as has been pointed out it’s points on the board that count. I think with a bit of patience we will come good. As for Cove, while I would not be surprised if they beat us well, it is the type of game that I see the players being up for and with a bit of home backing think a surprise result might be in the offing.

Doesn't suggest much confidence in the side going forward if it's thought that beating a promoted side at home will be a 'surprise'. Yes, Cove have started their first season in the SFL very well, & Elgin obviously less so, but have to go into the game as favourites & confident to take all three points, or otherwise may aswell resign ourselves now to another season of mid-table mediocrity!

Although Cove predictably look very strong I still found today alarming how easy it was for them at times.

With 3 away games coming up we need to be very careful we are not dragged into a relegation battle.

If we lose the next 2 games is Gavin Price under threat to lose his job? I bet our wage bill is as big as it has ever been.

Regardless of cup form 4 wins in 18 league games is simply not good enough.

Strangely given our form I really like the strength and balance of our squad. Hopefully we can dig out a couple of good away performances and get back into the play off race.

5 minutes ago, Super Elgin City said:

Although Cove predictably look very strong I still found today alarming how easy it was for them at times.

With 3 away games coming up we need to be very careful we are not dragged into a relegation battle.

If we lose the next 2 games is Gavin Price under threat to lose his job? I bet our wage bill is as big as it has ever been.

Regardless of cup form 4 wins in 18 league games is simply not good enough.

As I said last week sick fed up of it.

Cove were given more time on the ball without being closed down than you would have liked to see as a fan but I thought Elgin showed intent at times. You have 2 dangerous and pacey strikers in KH and SS. If they get supply from midfield they’ll find the net. 

Beat Brechin away next week and look up the way. Elgin should be competing for a playoff spot

Cove were given more time on the ball without being closed down than you would have liked to see as a fan but I thought Elgin showed intent at times. You have 2 dangerous and pacey strikers in KH and SS. If they get supply from midfield they’ll find the net. 
Beat Brechin away next week and look up the way. Elgin should be competing for a playoff spot
Agree on KH and Shane. They could be the difference on us climbing the league. Not sure what the situation is with KH now though? Hopefully he plays the rest of the season but not sure where he stands with the betting charge hanging over him?

9 hours ago, Super Elgin City said:
9 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Agree on KH and Shane. They could be the difference on us climbing the league. Not sure what the situation is with KH now though? Hopefully he plays the rest of the season but not sure where he stands with the betting charge hanging over him?

I think the police arrested him and 3 others in Montrose and a report has been sent to the procurator fiscal. Hopefully he had no involvement and he gets to keep playing. If he had involvement then he’ll need to take whatever punishment comes his way which would be a shame for the club and fans etc.

Was he injured at HT yesterday? Who’s your number 16 that replaced him? Any good?

Edited by CoveRangers1922