Elgin City 2019/20

I see it is 4 people charged in Montrose today after police raids on the gambling matter, including Hester.

That sounds a lot more serious than just Hester putting on a coupon here and there[emoji107]

Where are you seeing this?

I work with a lad from Montrose. Apparently him and his mates won £13k on Hester being booked in a game.

Not sure what game but I would be surprised if it wasn't for that crazy tackle he had against Hibs.

He will get in serious bother for this.

Can't see him playing for Elgin again.

Huge blow.

Heard the booking rumour also just now.

Careless.

Silly silly lad if this is all true,loads of story's doing the rounds in Montrose just have to wait and see what comes off it.Could be his fitba career ruined I hope it's not but doesn't look good at the moment.

Just now, Jimmy Shaker said:

I was meaning ‘careless’ for getting caught.

It’s still not careless. If £13k was won on an Elgin City player being booked of course they are going to investigate. Only morons could expect to win that and get away with it in such an illiquid betting exchange. 

Silly silly lad if this is all true,loads of story's doing the rounds in Montrose just have to wait and see what comes off it.Could be his fitba career ruined I hope it's not but doesn't look good at the moment.
If the rumours are true then he deserves to have his career ended.

If what has been discussed is true, then Muzza is spot on. Yu'd have to be an idiot to think that you could get away unnoticed on something like trying to fix a game when you play for a League 2 team! The authorities would have been made aware of a flood of bets on any stupid market like that in such a low profile game and the case against him started before a ball's even been kicked.

Hopefully I am talking complete pish and this was all a big misunderstanding but it doesn't look good, and what's more worrying is that there are some on here that knew it was coming.

19 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:

If the rumours are true then he deserves to have his career ended.

If what has been discussed is true, then Muzza is spot on. Yu'd have to be an idiot to think that you could get away unnoticed on something like trying to fix a game when you play for a League 2 team! The authorities would have been made aware of a flood of bets on any stupid market like that in such a low profile game and the case against him started before a ball's even been kicked.

Hopefully I am talking complete pish and this was all a big misunderstanding but it doesn't look good, and what's more worrying is that there are some on here that knew it was coming.

Gav being one of them, that's probably why we brought in Aitken last week