Elgin City 2019/20

Not sure where I heard it but I’m sure at the start of the season there was something about Mchale wanting to return south for employment reasons but could not get out of his contract obligations with Elgin?
Hopefully that was a load of shite, no offense [emoji38]

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/elgin-fc/1815558/mchale-driven-by-south-coast-success-in-elgin-bid-for-glory/

Greetings folks . Hows Sparky playing for youse ?  He's a player i would have been happy to see stay with us .  Take it easy on Tuesday night for i fear a hiding a coming . Got this feeling a 4 nil win for Elgin on the cards , much is the doom and gloom surrounding Brechins football fortunes these days .

3 hours ago, underpar said:

Greetings folks . Hows Sparky playing for youse ?  He's a player i would have been happy to see stay with us .  Take it easy on Tuesday night for i fear a hiding a coming . Got this feeling a 4 nil win for Elgin on the cards , much is the doom and gloom surrounding Brechins football fortunes these days .

He's doing alright.  I thought he got bullied in the first half against Cowdenbeast with their physical play but he scored with a cracker of a header in the second.

I'd say an improvement defensively on Lowdon, but would like to see him offering more going forward. Rarely overlaps & doesn't put in a great deal of crosses. Not sure if he'll be fit for tomorrow's game though as apparently struggling with sore ribs that saw him come off on Saturday.

3 hours ago, Super Elgin City said:

Another goalfest last night at Brechin. We are conceding a lot of goals but what about that Kane and Shane partnership?
15 goals between them in 9 games.
Long may that continueemoji834.pngemoji833.pngemoji834.pngemoji833.png

Yes, the goals continue to flow.......27 shots last night according to the match stats on BBC. Kane looking increasingly confident & his hat-trick was an appropriate riposte to Brechin apparently having turned down the opportunity to sign him. Shane oddly had a bit of an off-night, missing a number of chances that you'd usually have expected him to bury, & slipping & sliding / falling over on a few occasions.

In general the side isn't conceding a lot of goals this season, but there's definitely a defensive horror show in there every few games, like the 3 in 5 minutes in the pre-season friendly against Clach, & then last night's poor defending against set pieces last night, with three goals conceded from corners & one from a free-kick. That's very much something that can be tightened up, so hopefully won't be repeated, as better sides than Brechin will punish Elgin if not, & can't rely on always scoring one more than the goals conceded. There will definitely be a lot better defences faced this season than Brechin's!

Other bright spots last night were the continued good form of Dingwall & MacEwan in midfield, & Daniel Mackay starting to offer a few flashes of what he can bring, including an excellent goal, & a bright cameo off the bench from Aiden Sopel.

And other than the goals conceded, disappointing to see so much long ball being pumped up the park, rather than playing out from the back & through midfield, which when it did happen last night produced all the best football, creating the space to play & to exploit the pace & ability higher up the pitch. Hopefully they'll get back to playing more football rather than hoofball.

• 3 weeks later...
Another goalfest last night at Brechin. We are conceding a lot of goals but what about that Kane and Shane partnership?
15 goals between them in 9 games.
Long may that continue[emoji834][emoji833][emoji834][emoji833]

Something tells me it won’t last , at least in one of them [emoji850]

Statement on the official website that a player has been charged under the gambling act but no names mentioned and can't see word of this anywhere else, anyone in the know? 
Your striker....Not Shane[emoji3166]