Queen's Park -vs- Stenhousemuir

21 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

image.png.286b22590759547975d66835e886077e.png

Not quite a Harald Schumacher but a decent effort from Smith.

Happy that we dug a point point out of that at the death I suppose and nice to see that we have a centre forward who wants to take penalties for a change. I believe he missed two in one game pre-season, and add to that the chances he missed first half then it would have been easy for him to leave it to the skipper    

It'll all come together eventually and we'll start scoring goals but I probably would have settled for 4 points from these games before the start of the season 

Edited by Mick1867

Suspect it's just used as a constant training exercise for bigger events, which isn't really any good to us. Lesser Hampden, the Hampden Cars Arena, The Bru Camp, whatever it's going to be called, will be a better experience for fans. We can really put our stamp on the place in a way that we couldn't with Hampden. 

54 minutes ago, an86 said:

Suspect it's just used as a constant training exercise for bigger events, which isn't really any good to us. Lesser Hampden, the Hampden Cars Arena, The Bru Camp, whatever it's going to be called, will be a better experience for fans. We can really put our stamp on the place in a way that we couldn't with Hampden. 

Personally, I think it should be called Hampden Park & the SFA should change the name of their new ground.

1 hour ago, Arachnophile said:

Personally, I think it should be called Hampden Park & the SFA should change the name of their new ground.

Both grounds will have sponsor names imo. Everyone is going to call it 'Lesser', just out of habit, even if it's got an all singing, all dancing name. 

Edited by an86

23 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

I've no interest in watching the match highlights but they sound like a fair representation of the game, going by your description.

20 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Very much represented the event. As always, QPTV records the games highlights. Stenny just didn't have many highlights. Sorry about that.

Image result for what's the difference gif

12 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

We just need to find a sponsor called Lesser then. is Hampden Cars still on the go?

It is indeed, aye. The Hampden Cars Lesser Hampden Stadium. Hampden in the name twice. Take that SFA! 

I think that if their wise the Committee should try and attract a betting company. William Hill sponsor the main stand at Hampden and I think that another similar firm would love to put their name up on the walk down Letherby Drive or indeed William Hill might be happy to do it to stop another company doing it.

Hampden Cars are too small for this kind of deal.

1 hour ago, Dooflick said:

I think that if their wise the Committee should try and attract a betting company. William Hill sponsor the main stand at Hampden and I think that another similar firm would love to put their name up on the walk down Letherby Drive or indeed William Hill might be happy to do it to stop another company doing it.

Hampden Cars are too small for this kind of deal.

We're Queen's Park. I'm not saying we shouldn't aim high, but look at the names sponsoring grounds of other clubs at lower league level. Give it to whoever is going to give us the most money. The biggest name doesn't necessarily mean most money.  Irn Bru would be ideal, but Barr have been struggling in recent times. 

Back on topic. Stenhousemuir reminded me of Albion Rovers and the same point last season. I thought they were abysmal and offered absolutely nothing. We must take some criticism for the scoreline when we should have won comfortably by half time. I accept it is early in the season but we should be nailing these types of teams even now.

6 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

Back on topic. Stenhousemuir reminded me of Albion Rovers and the same point last season. I thought they were abysmal and offered absolutely nothing. We must take some criticism for the scoreline when we should have won comfortably by half time. I accept it is early in the season but we should be nailing these types of teams even now.

Jesus, now that's scathing.