Queen's Park -vs- Stenhousemuir

2 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

One final remark - I wasn't impressed with being patted down by security staff before I entered the ground. It's such a turn off and would actively discourage me from returning to Hampden to watch Queen's Park. Absolutely no need.

They pat us down too so don't take it personally. Something we'll hopefully be rid of when we appoint "Common Sense Security" and "Decent Food at Decent Prices" at our new stadium.

58 minutes ago, Vimto90 said:

What are you actually talking about. Mcilduff was off the park for a few mins before the equaliser. That had nothing to do with anything. Also Queens Park didn't threaten?? Did you actually record the game. Buzz had 2 one on one saves in the first half. We had to clear 2 off the line, 1 in each half & Smith also made a wonder save second half.

- McIlduff took a few minutes to come off, going down then getting back up then going back down before heading off slowly, time wasted, never mind if he was off a few minutes before, he was down injured wasting time, which then got added on at the end in which they scored in the 5th minute of additional time.

- I was referring to the second half when I said that. Queen's didn't threaten us as much as they did in the first half. The save I was referring to was also the "wonder save" you mention

Edited to add :  Filming the game means that I can't focus on the game too much. Got to follow the ball which means that I will forget about chances that weren't "big" chances. I could remember the save from the second half but that was about it. 

Edited by CEMSFC

One of the worst things about Queen's Park's equalising goal was the fact it came from a straightforward punt up the park from Wullie Muir. It caught out the whole defence and forced Smith to come racing out from his goal. I couldn't believe what I was seeing as it arched over and backline and towards the penalty box, truly embarrassing stuff.

11 hours ago, an86 said:

I'd need to see it again, but from my view the keeper should be off at the penalty. A minimum yellow. Absolutely unreal that he didn't get carded. 

Thank God he wasn't, we'd still be there now waiting for Stenny to decide who was going to go in goals.

12 hours ago, an86 said:

I'd need to see it again, but from my view the keeper should be off at the penalty. A minimum yellow. Absolutely unreal that he didn't get carded. 

On the basis of the last man rule, arguably a red but surely a yellow. Having watched the highlights it was one of the most violent incidents I've ever seen. Two feet and both fists. Straight red. 

image.png.286b22590759547975d66835e886077e.png

Delightful football and very nice on the eye. To be fair to Stenny, a good number of the chances were actually blocked by defenders legs but if that's Stenny's only tactic it'll be a long season. Our guys were good all over the park but Lidouren again the stand-out with Block in his defensive role close behind. Great to see Billy Mortimer becoming the rounded player he promised. Jamieson, another who seems to have a lot in his tool bag, waltzed through the game. And great to have Muir back and bossing it all from behind.

That's three games in a week though where we've had loads of good chances with slim pickings to show for it. The guys are still gluing together, sure.  But we've seen this trend from so many QP teams. The goal we lost was a simple mistake and a jammy finish but that only distracts from what should have been a clear 3-4 goal victory. We're still in the pack, yay! We could have been top of the league.

Just watched the highlights on QP You tube feed. Does not look good. Munro getting dragged all over the place and nearly conceeding like last week.  McIlduff chosing to shoot when the man on his outside was the obvious ball and as for the penalty what on earth was he thinking about.  Perhaps biast footage from QP but it certainly looked like we were hardly in it.

3 minutes ago, Moonglum25 said:

Just watched the highlights on QP You tube feed. Does not look good. Munro getting dragged all over the place and nearly conceeding like last week.  McIlduff chosing to shoot when the man on his outside was the obvious ball and as for the penalty what on earth was he thinking about.  Perhaps biast footage from QP but it certainly looked like we were hardly in it.

I've no interest in watching the match highlights but they sound like a fair representation of the game, going by your description.

Anyone attend the meet the players event after the game? 

Well attended by players and committee. Spoilt for the young fans by auld steamers monopolising the photo opportunities. 

Great to chat with them. There seems to be a real enthusiasm and confidence for the season throughout the players and coaches.

As a complete aside and general point, I've not seen a QP striker get into good positions in the way that Salim does for a good while. He's not bursting the net with his chances yet, but I think we could be onto something. We've struggled for a number 9 who'll bang in 15 or 20. He might just be that man. 

17 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Well attended by players and committee. Spoilt for the young fans by auld steamers monopolising the photo opportunities. 

Great to chat with them. There seems to be a real enthusiasm and confidence for the season throughout the players and coaches.

Every player was an absolute gent -especially Joffrey - and it was a great bonding session. My niece got her photo taken with every player and they couldn't have been nicer - she was buzzing after it, even if she had no idea who DC was  

On 10/08/2019 at 20:11, Francesc Fabregas said:

One final remark - I wasn't impressed with being patted down by security staff before I entered the ground. It's such a turn off and would actively discourage me from returning to Hampden to watch Queen's Park. Absolutely no need.

100% spot on but I just knew it was going to happen once again. Nobody got searched at Airdrie before our league cup games so it appears to be a stadium issue rather than a Queen's Park one, although I've never been searched yet at a Scotland game.  Unfortunately these stewards come with the current SFA contract (as does the overpriced pish catering)  Nobody who goes through the main entrance gets the search so it's double standards. As a member I can go through the main entrance and avoid this but why should I have to? Have asked the steward supervisor about it before and got a whole list of ridiculous reasons. The latest one seems to be they are just checking for bottles or cans. One of us that complained on Saturday then got warned that he might not get in as he "had drink on his breath" Well of course he did, we'd just been in the social club drinking, believe it or not.

The sooner we move to Lesser the better

Edited by Mick1867