Jump to content
Coventry Saint

St Mirren vs Aberdeen, 15:00 11/08

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

I'm not sure if you are aware season ticket money and league finish last year payed for it. Let's not get into table tennis I'm sure you have book marked it so leave it till the accounts come out. 

I haven't at all. 

There will clearly be money spunked away on payoffs - of course there will! That is not my issue with what you said.

My issue was the doomsdaying that Kearney leaving was over a slashed budget as we've gone on to sign 9 players , mostly on pretty lucrative terms given the level they have come from, with possibly two more to come.

Also, I sit in Row D of the West stand, have done for 10 years and can count on one hand the amount of times I've even been slightly soaked or exposed to the elements. The roofs are absolutely fine unless you're in Row A or possibly B.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

I think AFC will make quite a few changes for this and probably just as well.

Three or four of the players that have served us well so far, looked jaded and off the pace last night in Croatia.

Sink or swim for some of those that haven't started regularly..... 

 

Yeah definitely reckon he will make 4/5 changes and a first start for Main.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
To get wet three rows back in our stadium, the wind would need to be not only absolutely horizontal, it would need to be gale force, come down to pitch level, and shoot up towards the back of the stands at 100mph, whipping the rain up into the faces of the back three rows. I have undertaken extensive research into this, and both Judith Ralston and Sean Batty agree with me.

Judith Ralston gives me the fear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

To get wet three rows back in our stadium, the wind would need to be not only absolutely horizontal, it would need to be gale force, come down to pitch level, and shoot up towards the back of the stands at 100mph, whipping the rain up into the faces of the back three rows. I have undertaken extensive research into this, and both Judith Ralston and Sean Batty agree with me.

Well I suppose I must be wrong even though I have had a season ticket in the same seat since the stadium opened what's that 10 years ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Well I suppose I must be wrong even though I have had a season ticket in the same seat since the stadium opened what's that 10 years ? 

What stand are you in? The prevailing wind usually blows towards the gentleman’s pavilion. Therefore the main standers enjoy the sunshine in the good weather, but in winter, get the wind whipping towards them. It is feasible that main standers get wet while we, in the cheap seats of the West Stand, remain unscathed. I refuse to believe though that getting wet three rows from the back, in any of our stands  is a regular occurence in our stadium. 

I’m 500% sure of this.

Edited by pozbaird

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I haven't at all. 

There will clearly be money spunked away on payoffs - of course there will! That is not my issue with what you said.

My issue was the doomsdaying that Kearney leaving was over a slashed budget as we've gone on to sign 9 players , mostly on pretty lucrative terms given the level they have come from, with possibly two more to come.

Also, I sit in Row D of the West stand, have done for 10 years and can count on one hand the amount of times I've even been slightly soaked or exposed to the elements. The roofs are absolutely fine unless you're in Row A or possibly B.

Still stand by why Oran left. I notice Gordon Scott shut up when Oran went to the press to tell our chairman to stop telling lies about travel to and from N. Ireland  or Oran would go to his lawyer . Never a peep from Gordon regarding this since. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

What stand are you in? The prevailing wind usually blows towards the gentleman’s pavilion. Therefore the main standers enjoy the sunshine in the good weather, but in winter, get the wind whippng towards them. It is feasible that main standers get wet while we, in the cheap seats of the West Stand, remain unscathed. I refuse to believe getting wet three rows from the back, is a major occurence in our stadium. 

The wind coming out your rear end is quite strong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Demented Zebra said:

The wind coming out your rear end is quite strong. 

Aye, whatever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you’re an Aberdeen fan reading this you must be thinking what on earth it going on here 😂😂

 

im struggling myself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mattman said:

If you’re an Aberdeen fan reading this you must be thinking what on earth it going on here 😂😂

 

im struggling myself. 

It’s a Zebra talking shite. Now everyone can move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mattman said:

If you’re an Aberdeen fan reading this you must be thinking what on earth it going on here 😂😂

 

im struggling myself. 

I'm following it, I think the Irish lad left because the rain goes upwards in Paisley due to armaggedon, which the chairman told lies about. Is that it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I'm following it, I think the Irish lad left because the rain goes upwards in Paisley due to armaggedon, which the chairman told lies about. Is that it? 

Free Pie for you mate :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Demented Zebra said:

When you sit three rows from the back and get wet I would say I have a very valid point. Obviously constructive criticism is not for you.   Dons  fans should remember Rangers play Hibs 3pm Sunday also. Traffic to and from the game on the M8 will have jams. 

😳...Me thinks you're needing to invest in some Pampers then DZ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I haven't at all. 

There will clearly be money spunked away on payoffs - of course there will! That is not my issue with what you said.

My issue was the doomsdaying that Kearney leaving was over a slashed budget as we've gone on to sign 9 players , mostly on pretty lucrative terms given the level they have come from, with possibly two more to come.

Also, I sit in Row D of the West stand, have done for 10 years and can count on one hand the amount of times I've even been slightly soaked or exposed to the elements. The roofs are absolutely fine unless you're in Row A or possibly B.

I'm in Row B in the West stand right on the halfway line, I've only ever been caught in the rain about three times and the only time I would say soaked was Aberdeen last year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Still stand by why Oran left. I notice Gordon Scott shut up when Oran went to the press to tell our chairman to stop telling lies about travel to and from N. Ireland  or Oran would go to his lawyer . Never a peep from Gordon regarding this since. 

The Chairman had already said his piece, why would he do it again?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, weebud said:

The Chairman had already said his piece, why would he do it again?? 

Why would Oran publicly in the press accuse. Gordon Scott of telling lies about leaving due to travel arrangements.  Going on to say if it did not stop he would contact his lawyers. Anyway we have all opinions on this. Would still rather have Jim Goodwin as manager also impressed with the squad he has put together. I would be very surprised if we were involved in a relegation battle. As long as we dont suffer too many injuries this should be a good season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Demented Zebra said:

Why would Oran publicly in the press accuse. Gordon Scott of telling lies about leaving due to travel arrangements.  Going on to say if it did not stop he would contact his lawyers. Anyway we have all opinions on this. Would still rather have Jim Goodwin as manager also impressed with the squad he has put together. I would be very surprised if we were involved in a relegation battle. As long as we dont suffer too many injuries this should be a good season. 

My guess (note the word guess which is no more than you are doing) would be there was a confidentiality agreement in place, GLS was probably a wee bit naughty in getting his take on things out there...……….I also guess that neither side is squeaky clean and telling the whole truth but there you go.

I agree with the rest of your post

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FFS we have been through this shite several times. Can we get back to beating the Dons on Sunday whether it is dry or wet (and that is not a reference to any WeatherPerson)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...