St Mirren vs Aberdeen, 15:00 11/08

We're s totally different side to the team that played EK

ek.png&key=80a9a7a042d80eb88ea914ddf389cc8730fe3433ed7d3a1b2e5da2b791c9818d

We just got beat by a team managed by Jim f*cking Goodwin. A team that couldn't beat East Kilbride.
I hope the next thing signed by McInnes is his dole application form.

10 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

Nightmare of a debut for Vyner as well, looked like bambi on ice out there. Leigh was good.

Don't think he played that badly considering it was his first game in pretty brutal conditions. Wouldn't say he did enough discount Logan from playing on Thursday though. So many times in the 2nd half I was wanting Leigh to go for the overlap but maybe he was breathing out his arse by that point.

Agree with pretty much everything else you said though. Would like to know how long we can expect to be without Bryson

That was excellent, we should have been 3-0 up at half time. Andreu and Foley in particular were great but a good team performance all round. Looks like we’ve finally found a replacement for Goodwin by signing Foley.

You can’t underestimate how important Hladky is to the team. It makes such a difference having a goalie who’s comfortable coming to punch crosses and sweeping up outside the box.

Paul McGinn played well but he needs to watch the lapses in concentration late in games, he nearly cost us again today with that McGinn chance.

We look good, the players we have signed look absolutely perfect for what we are trying to do. Early days of course but we attack with pace and purpose. Durmus looked very dangerous until he tired, then we were able to bring Mcallister on for him! Night and day from last season. Foley and Flynn are so solid in the midfield and Andreu just looks so classy (though that looked an absolute sitter he missed!). A bit of competition doesn't seem to have done Magennis any harm, and, possibly unpopular opinion here, I think Mcloughlin looks a better player than Popescu. 

Obika probably had the toughest day. He's obviously not fit, but he performed a thankless task very well. Probably stayed on 10 minutes longer than he should have. 

Finally the salty tears on Sportsound made the drive home extremely enjoyable.

Fantastic first half performance in particular, we were attacking with a purpose & pace which was lacking big time last season. All the new signings look good, glad we were patient & brought in the right players.

Buzzing for the next game & the season ahead.

COYS [emoji835]️[emoji836]️

5 minutes ago, GAD said:

We look good, the players we have signed look absolutely perfect for what we are trying to do. Early days of course but we attack with pace and purpose. Durmus looked very dangerous until he tired, then we were able to bring Mcallister on for him! Night and day from last season. Foley and Flynn are so solid in the midfield and Andreu just looks so classy (though that looked an absolute sitter he missed!). A bit of competition doesn't seem to have done Magennis any harm, and, possibly unpopular opinion here, I think Mcloughlin looks a better player than Popescu. 

Obika probably had the toughest day. He's obviously not fit, but he performed a thankless task very well. Probably stayed on 10 minutes longer than he should have. 

Finally the salty tears on Sportsound made the drive home extremely enjoyable.

I agree re McLoughlin - early days but he looks a very capable CB. 

Edited by RossC93

1 minute ago, Silvio said:

Well that was easy. 

I'm on the ferry couple Aberdeen fans here also. One said to me we deserved a draw. Just said St Mirren created the best clear cut chances.  Aberdeen are a good team and some players are being rested they will have a good season. At long last St Mirren look a premiership team we will have a good season also. 

23 minutes ago, IggyStooge said:

It could have been worse, Dons...

856702752_Screenshot_2019-08-11ScottishPremiershipHorganearnsHibsIbroxlifelineAberdeenhuntforequaliser.png.250502a314cc64e71c997e51c36ab103.png

I prefer to think that we closed the gap on Celtic.  

Tony Fitzy's top 6 army. 

BBC news just had us beating Livi 1-0 

Edited by Munoz

Good interview with Jim on Radio Scotland after the game. He spoke very well, and summed it up perfectly in my view - we had the best chances, Aberdeen had the bulk of possession, and he said we need to work on not giving it away so easily while we have the ball - most noticeably when we had a three-on-one breakaway and fcuked it up. He also said that if TV shows it was a penalty, then we got away with one. I thought it was a stonewall handball, but Hladky would have saved it anyway, it’s what he does.

Best performer for me on the day - Gary Macs shorts.

Easy the Mirren.

Looking at the highlights makes it clear we should have had the game dead and buried before Aberdeen woke up. Numerous good chances headers from Durmas and Andreu should be goals.

Penalty shout is a big one to be fair but sometimes you get them sometimes you don't.