St Mirren vs Aberdeen, 15:00 11/08

Took us 30 minutes to realise that playing endless sideway passes between McKenna and Considine wasn't necessarily the best way to score a few goals. By that time Saints had taken the lead and had something to cling onto in pretty awful conditions. 
The rest of the 60 minutes was one-way traffic but we didn't have the ability or nous to get past a determined 11 man defence. 
Steven MacLean didn't help by turning down a stonewaller, but that wasn't the reason for us losing.
I'd like to see the end of the Scott Wright experiment, and get him f*cked off back to Dundee or Alloa or some team where he can hide and not do too much damage.  Curtis Main isn't a target man, and it was insane to play him alone up front with no other Dons player within 30 yards of him. 
Our squad players....Wright, McLennan, Main, Wilson....simply aren't good enough to have 3 or 4 of them in the side at one time. Let's hope McInnes takes note. 

How do you know Wilson isn’t good enough if our Manager doesn’t play him ?

6 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

It really wasn’t the poorest AFC team mate. We were bad in most parts, been far worse - but definitely deserved a point.

Wouldn’t mind seeing the assault on Lewis F again. Wonder if that will be on Sportscene later.

You didn't deserve a point. You were fortunate it was only 1-0.

I have no idea what 'assault' you're talking about either.

Well chuffed with that result and performance. Didn't think we could hold onto that slender lead till the end as in recent years we always capitulate. Respect to the Dons fans for a great turnout and joining in with the applause for one if our departed sisters. Class[emoji106]
Two Dons fans just got off my train at Johnstone!!

You didn't deserve a point. You were fortunate it was only 1-0.

I have no idea what 'assault' you're talking about either.

Only thing I can think about is when Ferguson tried to get Flynn in a headlock after Flynn tugged his shirt towards end of first half... assault indeed [emoji3]

40 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Took us 30 minutes to realise that playing endless sideway passes between McKenna and Considine wasn't necessarily the best way to score a few goals. By that time Saints had taken the lead and had something to cling onto in pretty awful conditions. 

The rest of the 60 minutes was one-way traffic but we didn't have the ability or nous to get past a determined 11 man defence. 

Steven MacLean didn't help by turning down a stonewaller, but that wasn't the reason for us losing.

I'd like to see the end of the Scott Wright experiment, and get him f*cked off back to Dundee or Alloa or some team where he can hide and not do too much damage.  Curtis Main isn't a target man, and it was insane to play him alone up front with no other Dons player within 30 yards of him. 

Our squad players....Wright, McLennan, Main, Wilson....simply aren't good enough to have 3 or 4 of them in the side at one time. Let's hope McInnes takes note. 

The best clear cut chances fell to Saints quite a few. Aberdeen huffed and puffed but not much there. Terrible conditions will say it again for the second week Saints are a whole different team easily for the past 15 years.

One of your subs, maybe Mullen? Was lucky not to be sent off after coming on. First challenge was an elbow on Mckenna in the air, second was a late swipe at Gallacher beside the dugouts and then finally only a booking for grappling with Ojo in the middle. Ferguson got a few kicks but nothing out the ordinary that I can remember

One of your subs, maybe Mullen? Was lucky not to be sent off after coming on. First challenge was an elbow on Mckenna in the air, second was a late swipe at Gallacher beside the dugouts and then finally only a booking for grappling with Ojo in the middle. Ferguson got a few kicks but nothing out the ordinary that I can remember

Ferguson was through on the left hand side. St Mirren player grabbed him round neck and flung him to floor. Booked but looked worse.

That was fucking dross. A lack of imagination, energy, urgency, drive. That’s the first time this season where we’ve missed Graeme Shinnie. He was exactly what we were missing in that match.

Firstly, St Mirren played very well, Andreu in particular was great at finding space in the midfield and making something happen going forward. The supporters were terrific too, although you can give that Obika!/Tequila! song a rest.

Also, it was a penalty. As blatant a hand ball as you’ll see. I can only think that the ref was side on and didn’t see him raise it out to the ball, because it was blindingly obvious to us all in the stands. That’s not the reason we lost though, and I don’t want to blame the ref for a minging performance.

The weather conditions were dreadful. There were patches on the touch line over by the dugout and on the opposite side corner closest to the Dons fans where the standing water was visibly affecting play. It’s the same pitch for both of us though, and St Mirren dealt with the conditions much better than we did.

Our play was turgid. I’d give pass marks to McKenna and Considine if their passing wasn’t so unimaginative. The midfield did such a poor job of showing for it though, in particular Ojo who showed the very worst traits of a “neat-and-tidy” midfielder. Slow, ponderous, unadventurous. Ferguson did ok in trying to push us forward but he was really against it with the players in front of him. Wright was the worst of the lot, a total passenger. Main wasn’t much better but did manage a couple of flicks in the second half. Hedges and McLennan were fine, but not amazing. Created in fits and spurts.

McInnes should have made the subs earlier. Wilson in particular had no time to make an impact. McGinn again looked our most threatening player, and was unlucky to hit the post from a very narrow angle.

Nightmare of a debut for Vyner as well, looked like bambi on ice out there. Leigh was good.

Just about all the early season optimism is sapped and we need a good performance at the very least on Thursday.

10 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

No complaints from me. We were so pedestrian, and never looked likely to score. Dreadful conditions, but I thought Saints were good, with some real pace going forward.

What was the minutes applause all about?

Fiona McAskill who sadly died a few weeks ago. A die hard Buddie and well known and popular figure around the club. Only a young woman too. Really good stuff from the Dons fans joining in. Respect for that.

This. Hladky one relatively camera friendly tip over and Wilson hitting the outside of 3post bar that Saints had the glaring misses. Defended really well allowed the Don's the ball and coped easily. Happy days.

We were lucky it wasnt 4-0. St Mirren missed three free header sitters.