St Mirren vs Aberdeen, 15:00 11/08

Guest Bob Mahelp
13 hours ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Got my ticket for this today, and I’m thoroughly looking forward to it. Saints fans are a sound bunch, so this is always an enjoyable fixture for me.

Just a shame it’s not in Saturday.

Paisley has always been one of my favourite away games. Love Street was great, but even the B&Q dome that they now have isn't a bad example of its genre.

St Mirren fans tend to be a decent lot, and get extra plus points for having the bigot brothers so close by but deciding to take the decent and sensible path instead.

I know a Dandy who moved to Paisley about 15 years ago and now takes his son to every St Mirren game Home and Away as he did not want him to follow any of the Bigots. He enjoys the games against the Dons as both him and his son can support their teams at the same time but I suppose the guy is more a Buddie these days. Good luck in Europe and hope ye get pumped on Sunday.

I'm watching the Aberdeen game tonight.. It's a dreadful game of football. It's the kind of game that reminds you just how dull European matches could be especially when the away team is more interested in not conceding that trying to score. The goal Aberdeen have conceded was down to laziness from Shay Logan. The player he was marking got goal side of him and he pulled his jersey to concede the penalty. 

I know Aberdeen will play with a very different mentality on Sunday but I don't see anything particularly brilliant about this Aberdeen squad at the moment. 

Guest Bob Mahelp

On the bright side, none of our attacking players broke a sweat last night, so Hedges, McGinn, Gallagher etc will be rested and ready to go on Sunday. 

Every cloud and all that. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
11 hours ago, Malky3 said:

I'm watching the Aberdeen game tonight.. It's a dreadful game of football. It's the kind of game that reminds you just how dull European matches could be especially when the away team is more interested in not conceding that trying to score. The goal Aberdeen have conceded was down to laziness from Shay Logan. The player he was marking got goal side of him and he pulled his jersey to concede the penalty. 

I know Aberdeen will play with a very different mentality on Sunday but I don't see anything particularly brilliant about this Aberdeen squad at the moment. 

A cutting edge analysis from a man who supports a team that couldn't beat East Kilbride, Dunfermline or Albion Rovers.

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

A cutting edge analysis from a man who supports a team that couldn't beat East Kilbride, Dunfermline or Albion Rovers.

To be fair, the fact we are shite doesn't preclude Aberdeen from being 'not particularly brilliant'. Both those facts can exist in the same universe.

I think AFC will make quite a few changes for this and probably just as well.

Three or four of the players that have served us well so far, looked jaded and off the pace last night in Croatia.

Sink or swim for some of those that haven't started regularly..... 

46 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

Are you ever happy??

When you sit three rows from the back and get wet I would say I have a very valid point. Obviously constructive criticism is not for you.   Dons  fans should remember Rangers play Hibs 3pm Sunday also. Traffic to and from the game on the M8 will have jams. 

22 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Let's see who has the BIG smile on the face when the accounts are published.  Not me I will be angry 2 million has been spunked. 

I'm not sure if you're aware but we've signed several players and there is no sign of your impending budget cuts that accompanies financial doom. 

Maybe your source was talking about Patrick Thistle?

9 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I'm not sure if you're aware but we've signed several players and there is no sign of your impending budget cuts that accompanies financial doom. 

Maybe your source was talking about Patrick Thistle?

I'm not sure if you are aware season ticket money and league finish last year payed for it. Let's not get into table tennis I'm sure you have book marked it so leave it till the accounts come out. 

40 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

When you sit three rows from the back and get wet I would say I have a very valid point. Obviously constructive criticism is not for you.   Dons  fans should remember Rangers play Hibs 3pm Sunday also. Traffic to and from the game on the M8 will have jams. 

To get wet three rows back in our stadium, the wind would need to be not only absolutely horizontal, it would need to be gale force, come down to pitch level, and shoot up towards the back of the stands at 100mph, whipping the rain up into the faces of the back three rows. I have undertaken extensive research into this, and both Judith Ralston and Sean Batty agree with me.