St Mirren vs Aberdeen, 15:00 11/08

1 hour ago, Demented Zebra said:

Think your going to be quite surprised by just how attacking Jim Goodwin is,  the way we played on Saturday was hints of what is to come. It reminded me the way Fergie set up his teams when at St Mirren. Heard another older fan say the same thing. So my friend you are in for a good game. 

:lol: Never change. 

In a season where his results include failing to score against the 2nd worst SPFL team of last season, and a Lowland League side, you've just declaed Goodwin the new Ferguson.

I take it thats it confirmed that you are Tony Fitzpatrick?

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

In a season where his results include failing to score against the 2nd worst SPFL team of last season, and a Lowland League side, you've just declaed Goodwin the new Ferguson.

Just for info , Alec Ferguson's first five games as manager at Love St resulted in two goals for and six against and no wins , v Raith , Cowdenbeath , Alloa , Accies , and 'Bankies !

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

If I was to put money on this game you would go for Aberdeen but I'm a buddie so cant do that. Think your going to be quite surprised by just how attacking Jim Goodwin is,  the way we played on Saturday was hints of what is to come. It reminded me the way Fergie set up his teams when at St Mirren. Heard another older fan say the same thing. So my friend you are in for a good game. 

I think St Mirren will be better this season than last (although the League cup results were awful) but Aberdeen are a level up from Hibs in pace, physicality, ability and skill. 

Saints might catch us off guard after a hard game in Croatia, but generally under McInnes the European games haven't negatively effected the league performances.

A lack of clean sheets is an ongoing concern though, so I'll go for 2-1 Dons. 

4 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I think St Mirren will be better this season than last (although the League cup results were awful) but Aberdeen are a level up from Hibs in pace, physicality, ability and skill. 

Saints might catch us off guard after a hard game in Croatia, but generally under McInnes the European games haven't negatively effected the league performances.

A lack of clean sheets is an ongoing concern though, so I'll go for 2-1 Dons. 

The difference between the League cup performances and the Hibs one were night and day. The reason for this is, we have brought in some half decent quality and should have another couple in before Sunday's game. 

As for Sunday's game, I think a draw might be the best result we can achieve,  but you never know. 

I’d expect Wright and Wilson will start this one again, and (going by McInnes’s comments pre/post-Hearts) Main if he is fit.

I’d like to see Dean Campbell and possibly Bryson dropping in as I’d like to see the Ojo/Ferguson midfield kept for Rijeka and aim not sure if Bryson is up to speed enough for that game.

St Mirren will have a decent chance as we’ll likely be quite fatigued or make a lot of changes. Bit concerned about the defence so we’ll see who comes in. Wouldn’t be surprised with a draw tbh.

Incidentally, does anyone know how long McLennan is out for? 

14 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Who said Jim Goodwin is the new Fergie ? You did because you cant read properly. Oh dear. Set up a team tacitly that was quite simlour to Fergie does not mean Goodwin is the new Fergie.  Feel free to keep spinning what is not there 🤣

2 minutes ago, geo87 said:

I’d settle for Jim Goodwin having the ability to stay our manager for longer than 4 games

Good point. Litmus test for the success of any St Mirren manager - did they last long enough to play in the Fan Council Golf Day.

Aye I might just order from the Aberdeen ticket office tonight and take the chance. Failing that, Main stand pretending to be a distgruntled Buddy it is!
You have a few days to practice booing and when perfected you'll fit right in.

The Europa game will definitely take a lot out of the Dons, and there will be one eye on the 2nd leg next week too.

We are at home and as such I expect us to put up a good fight. If we can get a couple more signings done before Sunday then the place will be bouncing.

3 hours ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Got my ticket for this today, and I’m thoroughly looking forward to it. Saints fans are a sound bunch, so this is always an enjoyable fixture for me.

Just a shame it’s not in Saturday.

Might work out great. Weather forecast I saw for Saturday was shit, strong winds and heavy thundery downpours. Sunday looked a lot better. Mind you, it was Judith Ralston doing the forecast in a way-too-tight red dress, so I was somewhat distracted.

On 06/08/2019 at 18:48, Jeremiah Cole said:

We’ve scored once in 4 games, a penalty kick, with opposition including Edinburgh City, East Kilbride and Albion Rovers!

Fear not, none of these teams you mention had a dithering wreck like mckenna operating in the clown role at CB. 😍

Bought my ticket for this too. Hopefully it will arrive!

Excited for this one. First game of the season for me and first time back at St Mirren since the Scottish Cup game where an inspired Langfield single handedly kept Higdon from scoring about 5 past us on a freezing winter day.

Any Glasgow based dandies fancy meeting up for this one?