St Mirren vs Aberdeen, 15:00 11/08

I reckon this could be an interesting game and not necessarily the straightforward away win that most will expect.

Our last game against Aberdeen was credited with being the moment that the manager and the squad felt we might possibly have what it took to stay up. Obviously a lot has changed at the club since then, but our transfer business is looking promising and word is, despite the League Cup disaster, that Jim Goodwin has taken to the Saints job like a duck to water.

Aberdeen are still strong favourites, (5/6 on vs 10/3 for the home win).

We came close to taking a point from Hibs and were threatening on the counter. Hopefully we can make a couple more additions to the squad before the weekend, especially at left full back. TBH, even if we only sign a fullback, we can at least play a side with everyone in their correct positions.

PS good luck on Thursday, Dons. 👍

Edited by Coventry Saint

Tickets bought and looking forward to it.

At least weather will be better than the Rain, Snow and Gale force winds last December. No atmosphere and couldnt wait for the final whistle [emoji23].

Should be goals, big crowd and lots of banter with the North Bank

COYR.

Want to head along to this one.
Anyone know if an e-tickets is an option?
We don't do e-tickets. Tickets will be available from wherever Aberdeen fans normally get away tickets and, if any are left, from the away ticket window in the North Stand from lunchtime on Sunday.

6 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:
13 minutes ago, Zapp Brannigan said:
Want to head along to this one.
Anyone know if an e-tickets is an option?

We don't do e-tickets. Tickets will be available from wherever Aberdeen fans normally get away tickets and, if any are left, from the away ticket window in the North Stand from lunchtime on Sunday.

Fair enough. Could try and get it delivered from the ticket office but not sure I trust my flat's. mail service. Thanks for the info about the ticket window on the day 👍

Dons fans should get there nice and early, don’t photocopy your tickets trying to get five mates in, don’t break down any fencing, don’t bounce on the heads of anyone in wheelchairs, and stay off the big green grassy area in front of your stand, should you score a goal. This next piece of advice is important.... should you find yourselves in a queue at the turnstiles and feel another Hillsborough is about to happen, don’t panic. St Mirren Park is an outdoor sporting venue, there’s lots of open space on all sides - we refer to it as ‘the rest of the planet’.

You’ll be fine. Enjoy your visit to the Simple Digital Twenny Twenny Wan Theatre of Bad Dreams.

12 minutes ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

Fair enough. Could try and get it delivered from the ticket office but not sure I trust my flat's. mail service. Thanks for the info about the ticket window on the day 👍

Just be careful the away end is not sold out. In such a case you can go into the main stand no colours obviously. Another game I'm going to miss due to work. Have given my season ticket to a fellow bud till mid September. Aberdeen are a good strong side but have to admit really impressed with what Jim Goodwin is putting together far superior to last season. 

5 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Dons fans should get there nice and early, don’t photocopy your tickets trying to get five mates in, don’t break down any fencing, don’t bounce on the heads of anyone in wheelchairs, and stay off the big green grassy area in front of your stand, should you score a goal. This next piece of advice is important.... should you find yourselves in a queue at the turnstiles and feel another Hillsborough is about to happen, don’t panic. St Mirren Park is an outdoor sporting venue, there’s lots of open space on all sides - we refer to it as ‘the rest of the planet’.

You’ll be fine. Enjoy your visit to the Simple Digital Twenny Twenny Wan Theatre of Bad Dreams.

What about the game ? 

3 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

What about the game ? 

Who the hell knows? Could be 1-1, could be 4-0 to Aberdeen, we could sneak it 1-0. I have no idea. I haven’t seen any of our new signings play, and Aberdeen could pick up injuries in Europe. Will rack up as usual, say my prayers, and hope for a positive result.

11 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Just be careful the away end is not sold out. In such a case you can go into the main stand no colours obviously. Another game I'm going to miss due to work. Have given my season ticket to a fellow bud till mid September. Aberdeen are a good strong side but have to admit really impressed with what Jim Goodwin is putting together far superior to last season. 

Aye I might just order from the Aberdeen ticket office tonight and take the chance. Failing that, Main stand pretending to be a distgruntled Buddy it is!

1 hour ago, RussellAnderson said:

Goals galore as McInnes’ men perfect in Paisley, despite McKenna transfer saga rumbling on

4-0 Cosgrove with all 5

Just checked, If he gets another in Europe and  4+ in Paisley even my trusty calculator couldn't compute his est value.

seville.jpg.d219c2d995a7032bfd37e0e3d1f7f112.jpg

1-3 Main double.

St Mirren will make it very hard on sunday to break them down. Aberdeen may be without McKenna and will be off the back of a tough shift in the heat of croatia. They do however have a bit more depth this season to freshen the team up like they showed against hearts.

5 minutes ago, ekfootball said:

St Mirren will make it very hard on sunday to break them down. Aberdeen may be without McKenna and will be off the back of a tough shift in the heat of croatia. They do however have a bit more depth this season to freshen the team up like they showed against hearts.

If I was to put money on this game you would go for Aberdeen but I'm a buddie so cant do that. Think your going to be quite surprised by just how attacking Jim Goodwin is,  the way we played on Saturday was hints of what is to come. It reminded me the way Fergie set up his teams when at St Mirren. Heard another older fan say the same thing. So my friend you are in for a good game. 

If I was to put money on this game you would go for Aberdeen but I'm a buddie so cant do that. Think your going to be quite surprised by just how attacking Jim Goodwin is,  the way we played on Saturday was hints of what is to come. It reminded me the way Fergie set up his teams when at St Mirren. Heard another older fan say the same thing. So my friend you are in for a good game. 

We’ve scored once in 4 games, a penalty kick, with opposition including Edinburgh City, East Kilbride and Albion Rovers!