Saturday Service Disruption

We obviously had quite a few issues on Saturday night again, which has been a recurring issue for a while now.

Although it's nice to think I deliberately bring the server down in a hissy fit after every St.Mirren defeat the truth is that Saturday night is naturally our busiest time of the week.

The resources we have should still be able to deal with that traffic without any problem at all but clearly there is an issue and it's one we need to fix!

I'll be working with a third party this week to try and optimise a few things in a bid to resolve this issue. You might see the odd service blip here and there whilst things are changed but these should be no longer than a few seconds here and there.

Appreciate your patience whilst we work through this and try and make things better!

We've finished applying some changes this morning, hence why you will have seen a few Cloudflare pages whilst services were stopped and started.

Site is now under monitoring to see how these changes go, but to be fair the only time we generally have issues is on Saturday evening shortly after the games finish.

We will see how it goes. At least St.Mirren losing won't get the blame if it goes down again this Saturday 😋

9 hours ago, Div said:

We've finished applying some changes this morning, hence why you will have seen a few Cloudflare pages whilst services were stopped and started.

Site is now under monitoring to see how these changes go, but to be fair the only time we generally have issues is on Saturday evening shortly after the games finish.

We will see how it goes. At least St.Mirren losing won't get the blame if it goes down again this Saturday 😋

I'll just assume you've gone off on another weekend bender to southern Spain. 

19 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I'll just assume you've gone off on another weekend bender to southern Spain. 

That was a fucking HELLISH weekend.

3 minutes ago, Dele said:

Kept getting server error messages for about 1hr solid, page would load (onto main forum page) then would crash whenever I clicked on any division etc. 

Seems to have sorted itself now, thankfully. 🤗

Yeah there were issues again this morning. I'm waiting on the tech team advising what happened. The good thing now is that as soon as anything goes down there are people standing by 24x7 to fix it, but hopefully we can get to the bottom of what the issue is. I think the App has something to do with it, and if it turns out that is the case then it will be getting binned!

• 4 months later...

Thanks for the latest reports. I've upgraded the forum software with some small patches today and I've also upgraded some server side software.

I'm working with the tech boys to try and understand why we are still having these outages. The issues are surrounding the web service rather than the physical server (which has only been rebooted once in the last year). It's stalling then restarting, which is why the outages aren't long, but we need to find out what is causing it to stall.

We will get to the bottom of it.