ICT vs AFC

First half was pretty decent in my opinion especially the first 25 minutes that was when we created most of our chances could of scored a few by HT had we been more clinical. Again though we conceded when we looked comfortable.

We failed to deal with a Thomson cross from the right he found Bobby Linn who got way too much time & space on the ball giving him enough power to smash it past Ridgers. Carson seemed to be the only one who tried to block it.

Jordan White didn't have a good day at the office his head got on the end of about 3 decent crosses but he failed to find the back of the net. There was Good link up play between him & Vincent with the handball incident he just couldn't quite pull it off today. On another day i'm pretty sure he would of scored at least one of those chances. 

Doran got in a good couple of scoring positions but sometimes I thought he was trying to be too clever. He got a brilliant chance to score after a lovely pass from Keatings but took way too much time to decide where he was going to shoot. The Arbroath keeper (Jamieson) managed to come of his line & save from close range he then saved Tom Walsh's rebound which was a pretty good save to be fair.

Keatings nearly scored a great goal with a bycycle kick just needed a bit more power. It was a brilliant assist from him to Doran for the first goal that through ball was perfect & this time Doran took no time & was composed enough to score. 

The 2nd half was not as good we were very lucky Arbroath didn't score again. I don't know how the hell they missed that chance shortly after the whistle it was a very dangerous cross from McKenna which was begging to be smashed in the net how Spence missed that opportunity is beyond me.

We didn't create as many chances as we did in the 1st half a low cross from Walsh found Doran in a great position but his shot was comfortably saved by Jamieson. 

A Walsh corner then found Mccart his effort was just wide.

It got worse when Storey came on not his fault it was just cause Arbroath decided to play deep due to Storeys pace. We definitely play much better when teams play higher up.

After that we were really struggling & looked like we were lacking ideas. Storey caused some problems & he got lucky with the goal. He did well to cut inside from the left & it was a great shot but Jamieson should of saved it with both hands the power of the shot got the better of him he won't want to see that again anytime soon......

We could of killed the game off after a decent move from the team resulted in Walsh finding Keatings his deflected shot just going wide.

Good save from Mark Ridgers right on the 90th minute Donnelly managed a wee spin in the box & pulled of a shot no one saw coming apart from Ridgers good reflexes & reaction from our number one. 

Was without a doubt an ugly win just scraping by in the end not quite the 5-2 spectacle 25 years ago. It's Good to get our home campaign off to a winning start but we gotta do better against Dundee. 

11 hours ago, ASC1878 said:

Not against gay people I just don’t like them , that’s an awful flag whee the camera is

You follow a team that plays at a stadium called Gayfield that's more gayer then a thousand LBGT flags. If it pisses you that much don't come back to watch your team lose again simple as😉

5 hours ago, Super Caley Man said:

You follow a team that plays at a stadium called Gayfield that's more gayer then a thousand LBGT flags. If it pisses you that much don't come back to watch your team lose again simple as😉

Trying to wrap my head around whether "more gayer" is a wind up or no..

11 hours ago, SimonLichtie said:

However, today showed Greig Spence can compete and offer something to the squad this year, James Murphy could turn out to be a very good player for us and definitely offers us something other players in the squad don't, we've shown this and last week we can compete with teams in this division and personally I have more confidence in us being able to survive if we can add the correct two players to fit into what we currently have. 

For me Bobby Linn was easily your outstanding player yesterday and I am surprised he doesn't get more of a mention.

He ran us ragged in the first half.

We were good first half and unlucky to go in level. I think doris going off was a big blow and mckenna just couldn’t get into the game.

ITC were poor but as we sat deeper and deeper in the 2nd half we were asking for the inevitable.

On another day we might have got a point or even more but i feel i might be saying that a lot this season.

We need more pace going forward badly

Think we are decent other than that and frustrating to hear DJ actually made a mess of it thought it was a screamer at the time

Got the bus back into the town with the social club after the game and everyone sound

Would've been good to get a point

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

''First ball Coll''

''ok let it bounce''

''get rid off!''

''ok let it bounce again''

''clear it!!''

''ok that's three bounces, take your time!!''

Was that about 10 minutes before the end? Fucking criminal. 

McKenna was posted missing yesterday might have a bit of pace about him but on yesterday’s showing can’t hold the ball up first touch is a bomb scare but again fell for the lad it’s not his position

He can hold the ball up and has a good touch

But he had a bad game yesterday