ICT vs AFC

We’re actuslly really decent when we involve Tom Walsh and Aaron Doran in our buildup play. Who would’ve thought it.

I’d add Keatings to that as well.

Not 100% convinced how good storey will be for us but I’m thinking we should start him up front so we have no choice but to try play through Doran/Walsh/Keatings.

Some of the lumps forward were horrendous and most of the time we did try to play through midfield Vincent took an age to release the pass, by which time the space was gone.

Was not there to-day so therefore may be wrong of me to comment , however for Spence to get booked within 5 minutes is ridiculously careless and jeapordised himself and the team with his actions. Must have been bad to get booked so early.

Also find it hard to understand why McKenna  is on the bench so often after his diaplays last season. I really think Dick has got to arrange some loan deals for a front man and a wide player before we find ourselves cast adrift of the pack.

Really thought we were worth a point at least today. Hard one to take Deej chucking ane in.

Tough lessons in the big league though, every mistake/ f**k up causes a goal. But for the record QOS and Inverness been nothing special, not sure if it’s my maroon glasses or what but they could well battling with us Come April/May.

Wasn't there but disappointed we didn't get a point.  Still, plenty of points to play for and going by the reports we have a fair chance of staying up. 

Hope they can turn Gayfield into a fortress this season. 

Well done to the fans who travelled up.  A pal sent a pic and looked near 100 or so (I counted 93 from his pic). 

32 minutes ago, Housecaptain said:

Was not there to-day so therefore may be wrong of me to comment , however for Spence to get booked within 5 minutes is ridiculously careless and jeapordised himself and the team with his actions. Must have been bad to get booked so early.

Also find it hard to understand why McKenna  is on the bench so often after his diaplays last season. I really think Dick has got to arrange some loan deals for a front man and a wide player before we find ourselves cast adrift of the pack.

I personally don't rate Spence at this level and I am a fan of McKenna, but in all honesty today was probably one of Spence's best games for us and one of McKenna's worst. Mikey really struggled with the pace of the game and his close control today was extremely poor; he offers us a lot with his energy and drive but sometimes his lack of technical ability and ability to read the game can be a real issue, and with us being at a higher level now it'll show through more unfortunately. Spence's challenge 5 minutes in was a poor one and deserving of a booking, needless on his part. You're bang on regarding two attacking loans, I don't think there's an Arbroath fan who would disagree with that as things stand.

Yes we lost the game and yes over the course of the season we need to pick up points in games we get ahead in/ are competing with the opposition but there were a lot of positives to take out of today; and the negatives are only reiterating stuff we should all know by now in terms of needing a couple of attacking players in and some of our players being very limited at this level in comparison to the opposition. However, today showed Greig Spence can compete and offer something to the squad this year, James Murphy could turn out to be a very good player for us and definitely offers us something other players in the squad don't, we've shown this and last week we can compete with teams in this division and personally I have more confidence in us being able to survive if we can add the correct two players to fit into what we currently have. 

Wasn't there but disappointed we didn't get a point.  Still, plenty of points to play for and going by the reports we have a fair chance of staying up. 
Hope they can turn Gayfield into a fortress this season. 
Well done to the fans who travelled up.  A pal sent a pic and looked near 100 or so (I counted 93 from his pic). 

Unconfirmed but was 96

This constant long ball game is really starting to irritate me.  When Robertson was with us the first time round we were an attacking team and even in the last two seasons we've had periods of good, passing attacking football. Now though we seem like a team of strangers.  Everything is launched airborne.  Huge hoofs up front, crosses launched as hard and as high as possible and very little football being played.  White has been with us for over a year now.  Have we not learned yet that he isn't a target man?

We were shite today but thankfully still good enough to win.

Was like night and day when Storey replaced White as it naturally forced us to play the ball on the ground (and wide) which stretched Arbroath and we were able to create chances.

Funny that, giving the ball to your creative players creates chances and goals.

I like how Robbo said in his post match interview that it was a battle and it’s almost a battle every week.

Yeah, long balls to Jordan White which immediately surrender possession will do that, John.

Robbo was also bang on in his interview about how we would have drawn that game last year.

I know it’s a bit of a stretch to try and turn today’s performance into a positive, as we were shite for the most part, but if we can start grinding out wins like today more often we could do well this year.

Wasn’t at the game today but heard us Super Red Lichties were very unlucky today not to get something , Going by the comments it seems like Inverness were poor again and they have got a few gifts today and ended up with the points, Its looking like we are definitely going to be able to compete at this level after these first 2 games and like the other maroons have mentioned maybe just a couple of loan signings in the forward area away from being the finished article for this division , Onwards and upwards. Very encouraging start though to life in the championship, I think as I suspected though any mistakes or misses opportunities you won’t get away with it here, got to be more clinical or we will get punished, Fine Margins.

Edited by 36-0 Maroon