ICT vs AFC

Dick Campbell’s Arbroath side has an incredible away record . This will be a good test at Championship level to see if he can reproduce that this season.
We looked much more solid in defence against QOS. Whatley and Murphy definitely give more protection in midfield. I could see the same line up with TOB in for Wilson. It would be good to grind out a point.

Forgive my utter ignorance of Arbroath but how do you guys normally line up and who should we look out for in your side? I've seen it mentioned that you usually stick with a 442?

Forgive my utter ignorance of Arbroath but how do you guys normally line up and who should we look out for in your side? I've seen it mentioned that you usually stick with a 442?

Throughout campbells time his preferred formation has been 442 aye. We played that last Saturday, but in some of the league cup games played more of a 451 type formation. I’d imagine we’ll start with 442 on Saturday and perhaps change it during the game if ICT have 3 in centre midfield. Team likely to be the same bar Tam O’Brien in for Bob Wilson I would think.

Cheers. Will be interesting to see how the midfields square up. Trafford, Vincent or Carson haven't really set the heather alight when any two of them have played in the centre. We miss Sean Welsh a lot. There's a real lack of power in the middle of the park for us. No one really to break up opposition attacks and no one to bring the ball forward to start an attack. Oh for the glory days of Draper and Tansey...

8 minutes ago, RiG said:

Cheers. Will be interesting to see how the midfields square up. Trafford, Vincent or Carson haven't really set the heather alight when any two of them have played in the centre. We miss Sean Welsh a lot. There's a real lack of power in the middle of the park for us. No one really to break up opposition attacks and no one to bring the ball forward to start an attack. Oh for the glory days of Draper and Tansey...

Sean Welsh has been out for a considerable amount of time now.

The injury as described was one that I thought might have allowed him to make it back for perhaps the final two play-off games (pfft) against St Mirren but for him to remain out is a worry.

54 minutes ago, sophia said:

Sean Welsh has been out for a considerable amount of time now.

The injury as described was one that I thought might have allowed him to make it back for perhaps the final two play-off games (pfft) against St Mirren but for him to remain out is a worry.

That was the broken metatarsal - now there's chat about an achilles injury. 

Agree with the above, McKenna and O'Brien come in from the start. First quarter is where I think we can pick up most points, important to follow up last week with getting something on the road, Inverness looked really poorly defensively last week particularly with early deliveries into their box.