ICT vs AFC

Welcome back to Caley stadium, we last met in the League Cup three years ago and a it was a wee bit of a trouncing for you then but Tricky Dicky has got you on a bit of a high so far and we've been no great shakes recently so I can see a tough game with us hopefully edging it, don't forget to take full use of our stadium bar before the game and enjoy yer wee trip to the Highlands.

From memory the best Arbroath have ever done at ours is a couple of 1-1 draws back in 95 and 96 at Telford Street. They used to be a hard nut to crack at Gayfield. Can’t blame them for feeling optimistic about this one mind you.

Edited by The Mantis

4 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

From memory the best Arbroath have ever done at Caley Stadium is a couple of 1-1 draws back in 95 and 96. They used to be a hard nut to crack at Gayfield. Can’t blame them for feeling optimistic about this one mind you.

Quick check of this and you are correct. We've never lost at home to Arbroath in all competitions. At Gayfield it's a bit more of a mixed bag. With history on our side this can only go one way.

ICT 0 - 1 Arbroath. 

9 minutes ago, RiG said:

Quick check of this and you are correct. We've never lost at home to Arbroath in all competitions. At Gayfield it's a bit more of a mixed bag. With history on our side this can only go one way.

ICT 0 - 1 Arbroath. 

You beat my edit 😂 but yes we’ve never lost at home, and Arbroath have the distinction of being the first ever League visitors to Inverness, with a 20-minute hat trick from the recently departed Alan Hercher.

Actually, I just realised that our U20s lost in the Challenge Cup to Arbroath so we don't have an unblemished record against them in the Highlands.

Everything to suddenly click and ICT turn it on, with the treat of Storey taking someones place they all up their game and its a comfortable afternoon strolling 5-0* with a White hat trick, before Storey getting a cameo to bang in 2.

*could equally be both teams are shite and a drab one nil either way!!!

7 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

The Caley Supporters social club in town decent for away fans?

Yip and it has a smokie wraps on the lunch menu. You will probably get a bus to and from the stadium as well (for a small fee). It is quite far away though and I suspect that the bars closer to the harbor will be more suitable. Especially as I expect most of you will be travelling by boat.

29 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

The Caley Supporters social club in town decent for away fans?

Been plenty of away fans in there over the years so you'll be fine.  Plenty of pubs in the "city" centre as well closer to the train and bus stations. A taxi to the ground is about £2 each for 4 folk and there is a bar at the ground as well. Last orders are at 1430 - 1445 I think.

35 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Yip and it has a smokie wraps on the lunch menu. You will probably get a bus to and from the stadium as well (for a small fee). It is quite far away though and I suspect that the bars closer to the harbor will be more suitable. Especially as I expect most of you will be travelling by boat.

And here was me thinking some of them will be coming up on a tractor bogey.

20 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

The Caley Club is an absolute dive.

Is it still owned by Graeme Bennet?

It's been a wee while since I frequented the place and it was looking dated but they may have refurbished since then, they do meals if you Arbroath fans are hungry after your travels, however if it's a pie and a pint you want then the Stadium bar will do, as already mentioned there are many good hostelries in the city centre.

Edited by SandyCromarty

f I was Robbo I would be considering something radical for Saturday. We now have Brad and Rooney missing to fill the right back slot and are firing in replacements who are clearly unsure of the roles. We are missing Welsh from the important holding midfield and Tremarco and Doran appear to be experiencing the middle aged leg weakness syndrome. Then we are hoofing high balls to a supposed target man who is not blessed with ability to soar in the air. I can wholly understand why Robbo did not alter anything for the very difficult game at Tannadice but surely Arbroath at home is the game to try something different. So here is my starting X1 although I know that it will never happen. This team may have defensive frailities but its attacking potential is clear.

RIDGERS

HARPER  DONALDSON  McCART

VINCENT  TANSEY

STOREY  McGREGOR  WALSH

TODOROV   KEATINGS