Wheel vs Rock - the unexpectedly early return

22 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Worst Dumbarton side I've ever seen, possibly. Having said that we played some excellent stuff at times, culminating in the move at the start of the 2nd half when McManus then Telfer passed up the chance. I think if that had gone in we may have scored a few more.

I thought Doyle, Telfer & Connolly were best but must make a special mention of Toshney who was outstanding I felt. The tackle to deny a certain goal (maybe) when Buchanan fucked up was excellent and he was generally very calm and comfortable on the ball. He should certainly keep his place if he carries on like that.

We've got to approach the next game with the same mindset though, can't be thinking we just need to turn up to win.

Agree wrt Toshney. The most impressive aspect for me were three or four defensive headers where he actually cushioned the ball off to either the keeper or another Falkirk player rather than just sending it back up the park. Always the caveat of the quality of opposition, but he and Doyle were the two defensive stand outs on the day.

Agree wrt Toshney. The most impressive aspect for me were three or four defensive headers where he actually cushioned the ball off to either the keeper or another Falkirk player rather than just sending it back up the park. Always the caveat of the quality of opposition, but he and Doyle were the two defensive stand outs on the day.
Yeah noticed that as well was calm throughout and not just humping it up the park

No.

Just because Jim Duffy has built a shambolic squad this season doesn't mean Aitken wasn't taking us down last season. Aitken should've left after the relegation. He's also a bitter wee fanny.

Remarkable what difference a week makes. We never threatened Peterhead for 90 mins, hump Dumbarton for Six, now Sons win at Peterhead. Delighted for them....