Wheel vs Rock - the unexpectedly early return

Tidser went in hard a couple of times too. Iv been pleasantly surprised by him and telfer in terms of going into tackles.

Telfer and Connolly aren't afraid to put a tackle in. I didn't expect that from the two of them, infact I thought we'd be lightweight in midfield

11 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Telfer and Connolly aren't afraid to put a tackle in. I didn't expect that from the two of them, infact I thought we'd be lightweight in midfield

Yeah me too. Its easy to fall into the cliche that we have signed all these technically good players and therefore they will all be powderpuff and fragile. Some of them are injury prone but its not injury from getting stuck in generally. Even the one Tidser looked like he got a bit hurt from and was moaning at the ref, we were 5 up then I think, what a sight to see a Falkirk Midfielder not named Taiwo going full blooded for a ball he probably wasnt favourite to win. 

Also Doyle. He rattled into everything and fought for everything. Great to see 

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

They would if they could, but the problem is that 60s Bairn also has access to the pressroom where the halftime pies are located.

His ability to hoover up food before anyone else can get a sniff is legendary.  The guy is lighting fast, much to the frustration of the slow-moving FFCTV crew.

🤣 Oh dear, if it`s not the "Auld boy" it`s the "fat boy"... you really must freshen up the patter Mr B😝 I haven`t been anywhere near the pressroom at half-time for some months as you well know. Anyway, the chances of getting there before you are onto your second pie are nil!!!😂

Was shocked at this scoreline. Thought Dumbarton were bad last season but this season could be even worse for them. With hindsight shouldn’t they have kept Aitken? A younger manager with fresher ideas than Duffy? From an outsider point of view I think they should have 
No.

Just because Jim Duffy has built a shambolic squad this season doesn't mean Aitken wasn't taking us down last season. Aitken should've left after the relegation. He's also a bitter wee fanny.

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

No.

Just because Jim Duffy has built a shambolic squad this season doesn't mean Aitken wasn't taking us down last season. Aitken should've left after the relegation. He's also a bitter wee fanny.

Seems to be a common opinion in football that a replacement being unsuccessful means getting rid of the previous incumbent was a mistake. Duffy's recruitment being shite this summer doesn't mean Dumbarton shouldn't have binned Aitken when they did.

Would be surprised if you got anything at Peterhead, which makes the Stranraer game on the 24th a must-win, even at this stage of the season. Can be tough to get out of a slump at the best of times, never mind with a low-quality squad with even lower confidence levels.

Seems to be a common opinion in football that a replacement being unsuccessful means getting rid of the previous incumbent was a mistake. Duffy's recruitment being shite this summer doesn't mean Dumbarton shouldn't have binned Aitken when they did.
Would be surprised if you got anything at Peterhead, which makes the Stranraer game on the 24th a must-win, even at this stage of the season. Can be tough to get out of a slump at the best of times, never mind with a low-quality squad with even lower confidence levels.
Where did you go after the match yesterday mucker? Sanam for a curry?

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
5 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Where did you go after the match yesterday mucker? Sanam for a curry?

Was through in Edinburgh brother. Did get a terrific salmon when I got back to the flat though.

🤣 Oh dear, if it`s not the "Auld boy" it`s the "fat boy"... you really must freshen up the patter Mr B[emoji13] I haven`t been anywhere near the pressroom at half-time for some months as you well know. Anyway, the chances of getting there before you are onto your second pie are nil!!![emoji23]

Not be able to get in for the egos

3 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Was shocked at this scoreline. Thought Dumbarton were bad last season but this season could be even worse for them. With hindsight shouldn’t they have kept Aitken? A younger manager with fresher ideas than Duffy? From an outsider point of view I think they should have 

I'd guess a bit like our Houston scenario.

Like Aitken, his time was up

3 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

If we'd kept Aitken we'd be in League Two at the moment. Absolutely no doubt about it. There's a reason he's not been picked up by another club since we punted him.

Duffy did a good job keeping us up given the mess he inherited. Unfortunately he now appears to have created one of his own.

Worst Dumbarton side I've ever seen, possibly. Having said that we played some excellent stuff at times, culminating in the move at the start of the 2nd half when McManus then Telfer passed up the chance. I think if that had gone in we may have scored a few more.

I thought Doyle, Telfer & Connolly were best but must make a special mention of Toshney who was outstanding I felt. The tackle to deny a certain goal (maybe) when Buchanan fucked up was excellent and he was generally very calm and comfortable on the ball. He should certainly keep his place if he carries on like that.

We've got to approach the next game with the same mindset though, can't be thinking we just need to turn up to win.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Worst Dumbarton side I've ever seen, possibly. Having said that we played some excellent stuff at times, culminating in the move at the start of the 2nd half when McManus then Telfer passed up the chance. I think if that had gone in we may have scored a few more.

I thought Doyle, Telfer & Connolly were best but must make a special mention of Toshney who was outstanding I felt. The tackle to deny a certain goal (maybe) when Buchanan fucked up was excellent and he was generally very calm and comfortable on the ball. He should certainly keep his place if he carries on like that.

We've got to approach the next game with the same mindset though, can't be thinking we just need to turn up to win.

Totally agree about toshney, my recollection of him prior to signing was that of a donkey, but hes been excellent so far and arguably the best out of the three centre half signings.

11 hours ago, champions said:

Totally agree about toshney, my recollection of him prior to signing was that of a donkey, but hes been excellent so far and arguably the best out of the three centre half signings.

Thought he played well. His distribution isnt great but his defending has been solid.