Wheel vs Rock - the unexpectedly early return

You will find I have mirrored your words above in my previous posts. 
I'm waiting for where I'm being negative.
Dumbarton were horrific, don't think even Dumbarton fans can say otherwise.
You're kidding yourself on man. The vast majority of your posts since FT have been backhanded digs at McKinnon and the one morsel of positivity was punctuated with 'but it isn't a turning point.'

It's not for me to tell you how to live your life but if you insist on being miserable then at least own it x

4 minutes ago, Nedelko said:

You're kidding yourself on man. The vast majority of your posts since FT have been backhanded digs at McKinnon and the one morsel of positivity was punctuated with 'but it isn't a turning point.'

It's not for me to tell you how to live your life but if you insist on being miserable then at least own it x

Feel free to quote, as asked previously

I won't apologise for having no faith in McKinnon but beating Dumbarton won't change my opinion, which I have held when he was appointed, if I'm wrong then I'll hold my hand up.

Ps rock cafe beckons, won't be miserable

Feel free to quote, as asked previously
I won't apologise for having no faith in McKinnon but beating Dumbarton won't change my opinion, which I have held when he was appointed, if I'm wrong then I'll hold my hand up.
Ps rock cafe beckons, won't be miserable

I understand not having faith in the manager, but you voiced that plenty prior to the match and, over the course of 90 minutes, his team put on a performance that shows progress away from the 'dirge' you've been moaning about since before a ball was even kicked in pre-season.

Yet rather than genuinely acknowledge that you've decided, out of the blue, to use loose comparisons to Jim Duffy to belittle him.

No-one's gonna dissect the thread looking for examples of your negativity man, anyone who's kept up with proceedings over the past few hours knows we'd be here all night - but if you don't think that's the case then there's no point butting heads on that one any further.

Feel free to log off and enjoy the rest of the Saturday night you're clearly so excited about in peace x

49 minutes ago, Russ said:

When was the last time a Falkirk player got a hat-trick at home in the league? I can think of Hippo at home to Forfar in a cup game and Baird away to Dumbarton a few years ago.

Hippo was our last hat-trick in the game you've mentioned.

Outwith that we had a treble treble in late 2015. (Oops, I'm sounding like a Celtic supporter here)

The away game at Dumbarton on 24/10/15 with Baird you've already covered, Miller against Fraserburgh on 28/11/15 doesn't count as it was the Scottish Cup and you only want league games, so that leaves.....

… the home game against Alloa on 14/11/15. Baird got three in a 5-0 victory, with the others from Leahy and McHugh.

Before that it was Rory Loy against Cowdenbeath in April 2014.

10 minutes ago, Nedelko said:

I understand not having faith in the manager, but you voiced that plenty prior to the match and, over the course of 90 minutes, his team put on a performance that shows progress away from the 'dirge' you've been moaning about since before a ball was even kicked in pre-season.

Yet rather than genuinely acknowledge that you've decided, out of the blue, to use loose comparisons to Jim Duffy to belittle him.

No-one's gonna dissect the thread looking for examples of your negativity man, anyone who's kept up with proceedings over the past few hours knows we'd be here all night - but if you don't think that's the case then there's no point butting heads on that one any further.

Feel free to log off and enjoy the rest of the Saturday night you're clearly so excited about in peace x

We could beat the brownies and I'm happy, I just don't think it's a true yard stick to anything like today, I hope similar is throughout the season but I'm gonna give it the quarter to see where we are and not Dumbarton or Peterhead, there was much more negativity post Peterhead, have you conviently forgot that ?

We could beat the brownies and I'm happy, I just don't think it's a true yard stick to anything like today, I hope similar is throughout the season but I'm gonna give it the quarter to see where we are and not Dumbarton or Peterhead, there was much more negativity post Peterhead, have you conviently forgot that ?  

Haven't forgotten anything my man. Don't entirely see the relevance of it tbh, but to indulge you: Peterhead away, arguably the toughest away trip we'll face all season where we were a good yard or two off the pace. Believe the general consensus was very poor result, and we better respond against Dumbarton to make up for it. 

What I don't recall, however, is you having this 'let's wait until we've played the first round of fixtures' outlook on things after that match. Surely, with it being a new group of players, that one should work both ways.

For what it's worth I'm not getting carried away either, agree that we won't get a fair assessment of the team until we've played everyone. But until then I'm happy to judge the players week to week.

Loved the care we took when in possession. Movement was terrific, and while we looked a bit lightweight at the back now and again, that’s a risk you take when you attack in the numbers we did today.

A couple of iffy Buchanan moments we got away with, but other than that, it was 90 minutes of total control and domination. Thought Sammon was outstanding today, and topped and tailed the game in style with his goals. Not a failure on the park today. Doyle is going to be a wee star for us this season.

Honestly thought Ray would let Toshney and Connolly swap strips at half time to help our brothers level things up.
After all the shitfest on the day 1 match it was good to see our team click which I thought last week never happened due to our propensity to install a complete new squad every 6 months.
Last week we were non descript today we were almost flawless but not quite so still room to tighten up.
Connolly was my motm btw

18 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Really impressive performance from us but there’ll be much tougher tests to come.

It has to be said though, Dumbarton were absolutely appalling. Seriously shite.

This.  It is possible to simultaneously enjoy dishing out a 6-0 hounding AND have concerns that needs reproduced across the season.  I sometimes marvel at our ability to seek out misery.  

3 hours ago, Russ said:

When was the last time a Falkirk player got a hat-trick at home in the league? I can think of Hippo at home to Forfar in a cup game and Baird away to Dumbarton a few years ago.

Wee bit more about Jim Duffy but his tactics throughout the game today was completely baffling. First half of course we went in dry so his master plan for the second half was just to move McMillan from playing in the back 5 to in front of the now back 4. Then he proceeded to change his right back with every substitution. Just weird.

Not really sure why you have brought his up? I did think Sammon would have got his hat-trick when he put his 2nd in but you seemed to take your foot off the gas. If it had continued as the first half went it could easily have been double figures.

ETA: I thought Buchanan was given the 5th and not DM?

Edited by squeezeboxson

52 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Due to the aging process my vision of the first half goals is a bit blurred. Just watched the highlights. That Telfer goal was a thing of beauty and justifies the signing of Tdser. What a chip and brilliant link work

F7F256F4-B489-43A4-BF30-6C7ADC517A95.gif

Just watched the highlights; holy f**k Dumbarton. McGeever and Neill must be two of the worst player to have competed at this level?

Did think that most of Falkirk's signings would be too good for majority of this league. Any L1 side that can start Louis Longridge and Morgaro Gomis on the bench is very much taking a sledgehammer to a walnut.

Amazed the fans on here managed to see the goals since they're all taking part in a boycott.