Wheel vs Rock - the unexpectedly early return

Dumbarton look an absolute rabble going by those highlights. Some of the defending was hilariously bad and I reckon my Saturday amateur team could do a better job.

We might be able to give Dumbarton a game this season and can’t see us losing all 4 games... Hopefully!

6 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Just watched the highlights; holy f**k Dumbarton. McGeever and Neill must be two of the worst player to have competed at this level?

Did think that most of Falkirk's signings would be too good for majority of this league. Any L1 side that can start Louis Longridge and Morgaro Gomis on the bench is very much taking a sledgehammer to a walnut.

Amazed the fans on here managed to see the goals since they're all taking part in a boycott.

They both would’ve been at this level last year (Brechin&Stenny)

Mcgeever was on trial at Morton before signing for Dumbarton but moved when Morton signed Brian McLean also from Dumbarton.

Those highlights are a tough watch.

The ideal scenario is Duffy chucking it before the end of the window so we can recruit someone who is able to at least try and sort out his total mess. Someone younger with a bit if ambition that rubs off on the players would be ideal. Someone who isn't a dour faced b*****d and has the ability to sell our club to players would also be nice.

I feel sorry for some of the players, they are being embarassed on a weekly basis and it's clear as day they should never ever be playing at this level. They'll be lucky if they don't end up with PTSD.

I really think the board need to have a long, hard think about where we go from here. Things are getting embarassing and if something doesn't change asap we are going to end up marooned by the time January arrives. If we don't have the smallest budget in this division and Jim Duffy has only managed to cobble together that then serious questions have to be asked of him because on paper (and on the park) we have one of the worst, and most inexperienced, squads in the entire SPFL.

What we are watching on a weekly basis is nothing short of a complete shambles and I genuinely think Duffy has massively underestimated the standard of this league. Time to hang up the tie and stick to making shite predictions on Clyde 1, Jim.

Due to the aging process my vision of the first half goals is a bit blurred. Just watched the highlights. That Telfer goal was a thing of beauty and justifies the signing of Tdser. What a chip and brilliant link work
That was a lovely assist from Tidser. Looking back at the highlights, he's involved in nearly all of our attacks. I worry that he's a bit of a passenger when defending though. He's pretty slow over the ground. Is he fully fit?

Didn’t go yesterday due to the boycott. When the takeover goes through, I will have single handedly saved Falkirk F.C and for that alone it was worth staying away from our shagging of Dumbarton.

The highlights look lovely though, can’t wait to watch our nest away game x

Didn’t go yesterday due to the boycott. When the takeover goes through, I will have single handedly saved Falkirk F.C and for that alone it was worth staying away from our shagging of Dumbarton.

The highlights look lovely though, can’t wait to watch our nest away game x
I haven't been to TFS yet either and won't be until the MSG are gone. I expect since we have saved the club they might consider naming the new stand after us.

Watched the highlights and thought they played some cracking stuff.

11 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I haven't been to TFS yet either and won't be until the MSG are gone. I expect since we have saved the club they might consider naming the new stand after us.

Watched the highlights and thought they played some cracking stuff.

Those that are attending are basically funding a team for your enjoyment. Shame on you for dumping the team when we have to get out of this mess at the first time of asking 🍿

Those that are attending are basically funding a team for your enjoyment. Shame on you for dumping the team when we have to get out of this mess at the first time of asking [emoji897]
Thank you for that, very decent of you all [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Those highlights are a tough watch.

The ideal scenario is Duffy chucking it before the end of the window so we can recruit someone who is able to at least try and sort out his total mess. Someone younger with a bit if ambition that rubs off on the players would be ideal. Someone who isn't a dour faced b*****d and has the ability to sell our club to players would also be nice.

I feel sorry for some of the players, they are being embarassed on a weekly basis and it's clear as day they should never ever be playing at this level. They'll be lucky if they don't end up with PTSD.

I really think the board need to have a long, hard think about where we go from here. Things are getting embarassing and if something doesn't change asap we are going to end up marooned by the time January arrives. If we don't have the smallest budget in this division and Jim Duffy has only managed to cobble together that then serious questions have to be asked of him because on paper (and on the park) we have one of the worst, and most inexperienced, squads in the entire SPFL.

What we are watching on a weekly basis is nothing short of a complete shambles and I genuinely think Duffy has massively underestimated the standard of this league. Time to hang up the tie and stick to making shite predictions on Clyde 1, Jim.

Haven’t seen the rest of the teams in the league to properly compare but seriously worried for you boys this season

30 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

All of it. The three folk who run it are volunteers.

I was told they eat their own weight in free pies over a season though. 

For the benefit of the lawyers, I have received no verifiable information from anyone connected to the club, past or present, that this is the case. 

Edited by NewBornBairn

11 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

I was told they eat their own weight in free pies over a season though. or the benefit of the lawyers, I have received no verifiable information from anyone connected to the club, past or present, that this is the case. 

They would if they could, but the problem is that 60s Bairn also has access to the pressroom where the halftime pies are located.

His ability to hoover up food before anyone else can get a sniff is legendary.  The guy is lighting fast, much to the frustration of the slow-moving FFCTV crew.