Wheel vs Rock - the unexpectedly early return

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Won League One with a gash points total as well, without checking I think they lost 9-10 league games that season 

My first season of going regularly to Falkirk games was the season that Duffy's team just missed out on winning the league so I'll always like him for that team. 

4 minutes ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

My first season of going regularly to Falkirk games was the season that Duffy's team just missed out on winning the league so I'll always like him for that team. 

Who would have thought then that would be the highlight of his managerial career.

Good vibes about the season after that display and we still have options on the bench ( did not think I would have said that 7 days ago ) Knowing Falkirk it will be downhill from here. A bit of hope followed by a kick in the baws usually

At least you got a bit of hope.

the last 18 months has been one prolonged kick in the balls for us Sons fans....[emoji17]

22 minutes ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

He donated £100k for David fucking Elliott while at Hibs, when we were struggling for cash!

Good guy imo.

Nah, balcony watching darts, Aussie beating Anderson had me more on edge of my seat
Sorry for not wetting my knickers beating Dumbarton
No-one's asking you to 'wet your knickers' (do whatever makes you happy chief) but given you were vocal in criticising our negative style of play prior to kick-off, a bit of credit where it's due would be nice to see. Otherwise you give off the impression of being needlessly cynical and devalue any merited criticism you dish out in future.

That aside, thought we were excellent today. Could obviously only beat what's in front of us but we did a good bit more than just beat them. How many times have Falkirk teams in the relatively recent past come up against terrible teams and gone away with an unconvincing 2-0/2-1 etc? Ruthlessness was a nice change of pace and hopefully something we'll see more of.

Hopefully acts as an impetus for putting Montrose to the sword next week, and then taking that attitude into the rest of the games. Could certainly sense a change of atmosphere in the south stand today when the fifth goal went in - we've now proven how good we can be so it's down to Ray and the players to drive the point home over the next few months.

2 minutes ago, Nedelko said:

No-one's asking you to 'wet your knickers' (do whatever makes you happy chief) but given you were vocal in criticising our negative style of play prior to kick-off, a bit of credit where it's due would be nice to see. Otherwise you give off the impression of being needlessly cynical and devalue any merited criticism you dish out in future.

That aside, thought we were excellent today. Could obviously only beat what's in front of us but we did a good bit more than just beat them. How many times have Falkirk teams in the relatively recent past come up against terrible teams and gone away with an unconvincing 2-0/2-1 etc? Ruthlessness was a nice change of pace and hopefully something we'll see more of.

Hopefully acts as an impetus for putting Montrose to the sword next week, and then taking that attitude into the rest of the games. Could certainly sense a change of atmosphere in the south stand today when the fifth goal went in - we've now proven how good we can be so it's down to Ray and the players to drive the point home over the next few months.

You will find I have mirrored your words above in my previous posts. 

I'm waiting for where I'm being negative.

Dumbarton were horrific, don't think even Dumbarton fans can say otherwise.

When was the last time a Falkirk player got a hat-trick at home in the league? I can think of Hippo at home to Forfar in a cup game and Baird away to Dumbarton a few years ago.

Wee bit more about Jim Duffy but his tactics throughout the game today was completely baffling. First half of course we went in dry so his master plan for the second half was just to move McMillan from playing in the back 5 to in front of the now back 4. Then he proceeded to change his right back with every substitution. Just weird.

6 minutes ago, Nedelko said:

Agreed, we're in league 1 for a reason and have no devine right to win any game. Sure we have a talented group of players but they need to apply it on matchday and beat what's in front of them. We did that today by scoring 6 goals, creating a load of chances and playing some really nice, entertaining football.  If people cant be happy with that then they would be as well finding something else to do on Saturday afternoon.

39 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Nah, balcony watching darts, Aussie beating Anderson had me more on edge of my seat

Sorry for not wetting my knickers beating Dumbarton

f**k off and stick to the darts and your beloved Tranmere then.