Wheel vs Rock - the unexpectedly early return

Dumbarton will come and defend stoically. We will have 70 percent possession and have two shots on goal. If dumbarton make an arse of it we may get a goal. Not sure dumbarton have enough to score and we're pretty solid at the back. All in all a borefest.

Two shots more than we managed on Saturday.

Will be a similar performance as to rhe Stranraer game in the league cup with 10 men camped in the box to be broken down.

Wasnt at the game Saturday but I’d be starting Connolly instead of Mcshane. 

1-0 Bairns, Buchanan hat-trick. 

Buchanan & Gomis to share MOM.

Everyone else will spend 90 minutes passing the ball sideways.

Ray's post match interview will feature him playing a guitar & singing a love ballad about Dixon. 

Pre match entertainment will feature Craig Campbell being revealed as the new hospitality head chef. 

17 deaths from food poisoning during the following days.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Some of one some of the other I guess... We are a team that doesnt win on day one, Peterhead are newly promoted as Champions, their day with the flag, big long away trip etc etc. I just dont see that as a bad draw. Would have rather won but happy enough to give them some credit. I dont think many teams will have gone there and taken 3 by the end of the first quarter tbh. Hindsight is wonderful but it was really a nailed on draw for the coupon.....

Problem is peterhead were shit. If they'd looked great fine but they had even less shots than we did. Saturday will.be a rerun of the stranraer game. Slow passing around the edge of their box creating nothing. Ball going out wide to our fullbacks who cross the ball out of the park. You just know he wont change to a formation that suits us but will keep with the same shitty formation hes tried over and over again since he took over.

Edited by Shodwall cat

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

... a true barometer game. 

I am not anti punting McKinnon, but I will take a big leap towards being pro punting him if we dont firstly go all out in all of our home games, and secondly, win almost all of them starting this week. 

With the players we have, if he cant set up at home to overwhelm even a sitting in Dumbarton side, we will be in a battle to win the league that will come down to luck as much as anything. 

I dont mind being in a battle if one of the other sides outdoes themselves on paper which is very possible. But I dont want to battle against our own inherent negativity. 

So I think we will win, but we absolutely  have to or else we stand on the edge of an early season mini crisis

This, Bairnardo.  A team set up to be tentative, one-paced, unambitious, overly defensive and utterly predictable up front is what ultimately sunk us last season. McKinnon has to get positive. 

Saturday should indeed be a statement of intent - play faster, wider, with some invention FFS, and a damn sight more spirit.  Another season of mind-numbing slo-motion football would just about break my resolve.  

Expecting 0-0 however. 

Dumbarton will come and defend stoically. We will have 70 percent possession and have two shots on goal. If dumbarton make an arse of it we may get a goal. Not sure dumbarton have enough to score and we're pretty solid at the back. All in all a borefest.
That's pretty much how I see playing out in my head.

This really should be a Championship fixture.

Disgraceful that the SPFL have allowed two members of the second-tier establishment to drop to this level imqho.

I couldn't agree more. The Championship needs a strong Dumbarton and Falkirk in it imo!

23 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Will be a similar performance as to rhe Stranraer game in the league cup with 10 men camped in the box to be broken down.

Wasnt at the game Saturday but I’d be starting Connolly instead of Mcshane. 

You must have been at a different game to me I thought Stranraer came at Falkirk in the second half with your defence looking very uncomfortable.

Having thought about things, I know exactly how this will pan out.

We'll produce some last gasp defending and sit in, in an Aitken-esque fashion, with PJ Crossan firing a pretty tame shot at Cammy Bell our only chance. Then, after 44 minutes, Gregor Buchanan will nod in a free header from a corner.

In the second-half, we'll hook Crossan (our only lively player) after 66 minutes, concede after 72 and then again after 85. We'll end the 90 with Isaac Layne up top alone.