Wheel vs Rock - the unexpectedly early return

Dumbarton will come and defend stoically. We will have 70 percent possession and have two shots on goal. If dumbarton make an arse of it we may get a goal. Not sure dumbarton have enough to score and we're pretty solid at the back. All in all a borefest.

Dumbarton will come and defend stoically. We will have 70 percent possession and have two shots on goal. If dumbarton make an arse of it we may get a goal. Not sure dumbarton have enough to score and we're pretty solid at the back. All in all a borefest.
I'm not sure defend stoically and Dumbarton can be used in the same sentence. We're guaranteed at least 2 howlers from Neill and if McKinnon had any sense he'd target our young full backs, who don't have much protection from our midfield 3. I'd rather see us go for a flat 442 or adopt the 532 we used against Motherwell and just play for the 0-0. If we could add a striker and a full back/winger before this that would be grand.

As much as Falkirk got off to a poor start on Saturday I view Falkirk away as our toughest game of the season. I don't think the bigger crowd will help our young, inexperienced team and I fully expect us to struggle here.

I'd bite yer baws off for a point and a competitive performance.

44 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I'm not sure defend stoically and Dumbarton can be used in the same sentence. We're guaranteed at least 2 howlers from Neill and if McKinnon had any sense he'd target our young full backs, who don't have much protection from our midfield 3. I'd rather see us go for a flat 442 or adopt the 532 we used against Motherwell and just play for the 0-0. If we could add a striker and a full back/winger before this that would be grand.

As much as Falkirk got off to a poor start on Saturday I view Falkirk away as our toughest game of the season. I don't think the bigger crowd will help our young, inexperienced team and I fully expect us to struggle here.

I'd bite yer baws off for a point and a competitive performance.

Your ok then as mckinnon plays with feck all width apart from two fullbacks who cant cross a cheque.

I think a kot of Falkirk fans are being overly negative about the Peterhead game. 

But thankfully, for myself and those who disagree with me, we have it followed up straight away with a true barometer game. 

I am not anti punting McKinnon, but I will take a big leap towards being pro punting him if we dont firstly go all out in all of our home games, and secondly, win almost all of them starting this week. 

With the players we have, if he cant set up at home to overwhelm even a sitting in Dumbarton side, we will be in a battle to win the league that will come down to luck as much as anything. 

I dont mind being in a battle if one of the other sides outdoes themselves on paper which is very possible. But I dont want to battle against our own inherent negativity. 

So I think we will win, but we absolutely  have to or else we stand on the edge of an early season mini crisis

I think a kot of Falkirk fans are being overly negative about the Peterhead game. 
But thankfully, for myself and those who disagree with me, we have it followed up straight away with a true barometer game. 
I am not anti punting McKinnon, but I will take a big leap towards being pro punting him if we dont firstly go all out in all of our home games, and secondly, win almost all of them starting this week. 
With the players we have, if he cant set up at home to overwhelm even a sitting in Dumbarton side, we will be in a battle to win the league that will come down to luck as much as anything. 
I dont mind being in a battle if one of the other sides outdoes themselves on paper which is very possible. But I dont want to battle against our own inherent negativity. 
So I think we will win, but we absolutely  have to or else we stand on the edge of an early season mini crisis

Aye a lot of folk are getting their knickers in a twist. We need to improve on our home form this year and putting in a good performance here could get us going. Still need a couple players tbf.

I wasn't at the game on Saturday, however, I didn't think we were negative during the cup games so I'm shocked to hear we were against Peterhead. Is it a case that we just couldn't break them down? That will be McKinnons biggest challenge this year. We should dominate most teams in possession, but it's finding a way to get goals that will define Ray this season

5 minutes ago, Rocco said:
23 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I wasn't at the game on Saturday, however, I didn't think we were negative during the cup games so I'm shocked to hear we were against Peterhead. Is it a case that we just couldn't break them down? That will be McKinnons biggest challenge this year. We should dominate most teams in possession, but it's finding a way to get goals that will define Ray this season

Some of one some of the other I guess... We are a team that doesnt win on day one, Peterhead are newly promoted as Champions, their day with the flag, big long away trip etc etc. I just dont see that as a bad draw. Would have rather won but happy enough to give them some credit. I dont think many teams will have gone there and taken 3 by the end of the first quarter tbh. Hindsight is wonderful but it was really a nailed on draw for the coupon.....

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I'd rather see us go for a flat 442 or adopt the 532 we used against Motherwell and just play for the 0-0.

A Falkirk team who can't score up against a Dumbarton team parking the bus. This should be a classic.

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Best place in Falkirk for pre-match medication before enduring this? Cheers

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Your ok then as mckinnon plays with feck all width apart from two fullbacks who cant cross a cheque.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Cross a cheque? What fucking age are you?

I was going add that - hands up who even knows what crossing a cheque is. 

Or even what a cheque is 😂

PS I know both *beamer*