St Johnstone vs Livingston - 10/08/2019

Actual raging....Keaghan's pish poor passing (continuing from last week) cost us the first goal and comical defending cost us the second. Dykes should never hit another penalty in his career....abysmal. What could be 2 very important points for us thrown away....hope Holt reads them the riot act.

Drey seems a decent guy but he's not a a co-comms yet! Good to hear he's doing well. starting to train with the first team next week and on course for a come back after the international break for the Aberdeen game. 👍

1 minute ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Actual raging....Keaghan's pish poor passing (continuing from last week) cost us the first goal and comical defending cost us the second. Dykes should never hit another penalty in his career....abysmal. What could be 2 very important points for us thrown away....hope Holt reads them the riot act.

Yep, ordinarily a draw away to St Johnstone would be an excellent result, but this is piss poor after being 2 up at HT and def feels like we've threw away 2 points. Sometimes you just get a bad feeling at a penalty, would've been some rollercoaster of an ending for us if he'd buried it but I wasn't confident. 

4 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

I fancy us to go on an unbeaten run until the end of the season now. Once we bring in Stevie May and a top-class midfielder, we'll be turning draws against Livingston and narrow defeats against Ross County into comfortable victories.

Well you did go 8 games unbeaten after your last hammering against Celtic, no reason it can't happen again.

Edited by LiviLion

How are you meant to react to that? :lol:

First half we were brutal, but you could see it was a complete lack of confidence in themselves, and each other. It'll seem weird to say, but Livingston didn't even seem to be playing that well first half, we were so fucking bad they could just stroll about and find space anywhere. Our sole tactic was pumping balls up to Kane, who was never going to win a header.

Second half started much the same, then we got the goal out of nothing. After that we looked a completely different team, everyone after the ball, everyone brave, bodies getting in the box. Second goal was well deserved, by that point we were totally dominant.

Then the nerves came in, Livi started attacking again, penalty looked a stonewaller to me, tbh. Clark the hero thanks to a dreadful penalty.

First half still has to be a worry, and the midfield was wide open again. Vihmann looks dodgy as f**k aswell. But all in, the players showed enough heart, and quality, to come back from two goals down. That has to be taken a positive, and hopefully the players take some well deserved confidence from this, which should prevent performances like the first half.

Edited by RandomGuy.

4 minutes ago, Afro said:

I’ve accepted that we’re never going to win an away game at this level ever again. Won’t have a better opportunity than today and we still managed to make a total c**t of it.

I don't know why you stopped going for our throat in the first half. Completely there for the taking but yous eased off and resorted to time wasting, giving our players a breather and a chance to calm down.

Cowardly management, IMO.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I don't know why you stopped going for our throat in the first half. Completely there for the taking but yous eased off and resorted to time wasting, giving our players a breather and a chance to calm down.

Cowardly management, IMO.

Shambles. Agree should’ve been out of sight in first half, but didn’t show enough quality in the final third. We had a few chances in the second half and was raging at McCann for pulling back Devlin on that break. However, to have a single kick to win the game and hit a woeful effort like that is shocking; put the f*cking house behind it.

Flattest I’ve felt after a game in a while. 2 points dropped from our perspective. 

10 minutes ago, Widge said:

Saints have been too soft for years now, I was ecstatic to see McCann take one for the team, totally the correct decision to make as well at the time.

Yea, hard to know how it would’ve played out (we’d probably have fluffed it!) but committing the foul limited any potential damage for Saints. I think Holt also wants us to develop that ‘clever’ (cheating?) streak and  talked about us being a bit naive last season - maybe we still are 🙄

I’d be chuffed if I was a Saints fan. Dig it out and with a lot of the same team I see no reason to worry. We’re all after a striker 😂

Edited by crispy

A good point under the circumstances.  Great to see a bit of fight from the players, and the support getting behind them.  If we play like that often then we're going to need it!

Started okay but usual story as soon as Livi score we fall to pieces. Midfield dropped right out of it, first half McCann was largely anonymous and Muzz was everywhere trying to drag us back into it, so all shape was out the window.

A few passes at the back, limited options so the inevitable hump up the park straight back to Livi every time.  If MOH, Swanson and Kennedy are going to start, then they need to be making some kind of impact. First half we had one shot from a free kick as far as I can remember.

Second half was much the same for the first 20 or so, but we gradually dragged Livi down to our level, and great unselfish play from O'Halloran to square it for Kennedy to score. All of a sudden we start playing a bit, passing it to feet and looking much more like it. McCann started showing far more composure and finding a few passes; he also showed great maturity in fouling the Livi player who looked through to take one for the team, something we rarely did last season.

Livi had more chances, and probably deserved the win. But f**k them. Delighted for us to get a point on the board and hopefully a wee confidence boost which at half time looked very unlikely.

I think Dallas helped deflect a bit of stick away from the Saints players. A few boos; I'm not saying it wasn't dreadful and really frustrating to watch, but what the fucks the point of booing your own team when confidence is already low?!  Otherwise, I think the Saints crowd mostly stayed behind the team and tried to help lift them.  I honestly don't think Dallas understands football, he's probably the biggest imposter with a whistle out of all of them.