St Johnstone vs Livingston - 10/08/2019

I'd have to go with the same lineup as the last time. The only poor performer from the starting lineup against Motherwell was Keaghan IMO. His passing was rank rotten but his energy and tackling are very important. I'd be inclined to get Robbo into the team, even on the bench to give us another option and potentially move to 2 up front if required.

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I'd have to go with the same lineup as the last time. The only poor performer from the starting lineup against Motherwell was Keaghan IMO. His passing was rank rotten but his energy and tackling are very important. I'd be inclined to get Robbo into the team, even on the bench to give us another option and potentially move to 2 up front if required.

Dunno if Robbo is fit to play, read he was injured again, great player for us but he seems to miss half the season with injuries, so frustrating.  Could also stick Lawson on instead of Keaghan, gives us a link between Bartley and Dykes, Lawson likes to drive forward and is quite direct. As you mentioned though, Keaghan gives us a battler in midfield, along with Pittman, and Bartley also looks like he enjoys a good scrap, and i'd be expecting that kind of game against St Johnstone. I like how Lawson also manages to stretch his leg out and get a toe on the ball to win tackles too though, decisions, decisions.:lol:

28 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Dunno if Robbo is fit to play, read he was injured again, great player for us but he seems to miss half the season with injuries, so frustrating.  Could also stick Lawson on instead of Keaghan, gives us a link between Bartley and Dykes, Lawson likes to drive forward and is quite direct. As you mentioned though, Keaghan gives us a battler in midfield, along with Pittman, and Bartley also looks like he enjoys a good scrap, and i'd be expecting that kind of game against St Johnstone. I like how Lawson also manages to stretch his leg out and get a toe on the ball to win tackles too though, decisions, decisions.:lol:

I'm not sure a midfield of Lawson and Bartley would be without Keaghan's high intensity. Keaghan or Crawford alongside Bartley or Lawson is how I'd set up but then again I'm not a football manager lol. As for Robbo I'm sure I read this week that he and Erskine are back in training and could be available. Lawson, however, might still be carrying an injury with him being out of the squad against Motherwell

EBmydFiXUAIsEgU.thumb.jpeg.0c452d7850344359b2ed0ce0a6402580.jpeg

See how this goes. To my mind the midfield is far too open and we'll spend all game chasing the extra man in there, and not having time to pass because Livis spare man will be able to freely close down whoever's on the ball.

TW knows far, far, more than tactics and that than me though, so this feels pointless.

1 hour ago, 7-2 said:
“Due to extreme weather conditions we have taken the unfortunate decision together with Police Scotland and the other relevant authorities to abandon today’s stage.”

But...but...😂

I saw that yesterday and had a wee chuckle after a few of us building them up as racing in all weathers... soft as  shite ☺️

10 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Ross Barkley making his debut...

Other than that no changes from last week.

Playing the same eleven as in the previous game?! What is this madness?!

We've not achieved such a feat for what feels like forever.

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Is this the season Saints go down?

They remind me of us last season.

Can't defend.  Can't score.

Zander Clark, Jason Kerr, Estonian international Madis Vihmann, Matty Kennedy, Danny Swanson, Drey Wright, Michael O'Halloran.. We don't need to defend or score. This squad has far too much quality to go down.

2 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Zander Clark, Jason Kerr, Estonian international Madis Vihmann, Matty Kennedy, Danny Swanson, Drey Wright, Michael O'Halloran.. We don't need to defend or score. This squad has far too much quality to go down.

Random Guy said the same about us.

Confidence is key imho - if you go on a long losing streak it might be hard to recover.

Wright needs to get you to shitfest points.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh