St Johnstone vs Livingston - 10/08/2019

4 minutes ago, Templar said:

A bit off topic; Cyclists are tougher than you think. They race in all conditions is the bleakest mountain ranges. Perth no problem

The crowd'll stand there as the cyclists whoosh by. Thanks for letting me know though.

1 minute ago, Templar said:

A bit off topic; Cyclists are tougher than you think. They race in all conditions is the bleakest mountain ranges. Perth no problem

Agree. It's a closed road event so can't see it being a problem unless it's really severe winds. There's often thunderstorms for the spring classics, and on the Zoncolan on the Giro, it gets so cold they piss on their hands to stop them freezing. There's a bit in Tyler Hamilton's book where he talks about needing dental work after grinding his teeth down with the pain of riding with a broken collarbone. 

If you can track it down the film 'A Sunday in Hell' is a great watch for anyone interested in sport. Shows just how brutal cycling is. Tough, tough guys. 

Just now, 7-2 said:

The crowd'll stand there as the cyclists whoosh by. Thanks for letting me know though.

If as anticipated that the game is in doubt hopefully both clubs will let supporters know as early as possible rather than piss them about when its so obvious theres gonna be a problem with the weather forecast for tommorow. 

Just now, Templar said:

my last word on cycling 

Thanks. And is mine (promise - I know it's s not a cycling forum), but this is my all time favourite photo from any sport because it shows such astonishing suffering. Cyclists, boxers, jockeys .. different level to most footballers in terms of physicality. 

image.jpeg.a990f8f678277de33d90ecee70bba8dc.jpeg

Back on topic, I don't expect we'll hear if it's cancelled until late afternoon today at the earliest.

9 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Thanks. And is mine (promise - I know it's s not a cycling forum), but this is my all time favourite photo from any sport because it shows such astonishing suffering. Cyclists, boxers, jockeys .. different level to most footballers in terms of physicality. 

image.jpeg.a990f8f678277de33d90ecee70bba8dc.jpeg

Back on topic, I don't expect we'll hear if it's cancelled until late afternoon today at the earliest.

Just out of picture - blood bags and a big sack of EPO.

I should have known better that to think a 3rd page meant a sudden flurry of interest in this game. I fear it will be off but really keen to see a game this weekend.

2 hours ago, Templar said:

It's not like they are runners though - the wheels do all the work.

9 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Cyclists are wankers.  

Aye, fingers crossed they go out in it tomorrow and end up buckling themselves.

"Hardy bunch" is wrong, "determined to be as much hassle as possible" sounds more like it. Well done for cycling when its wet and all, but nobody gives a f**k.

2 hours ago, Radford said:

Did you hear about the cyclist that wasn't a drugs cheat?

No, me neither.

There's no advantage if everyone's doing it, so is it still cheating? 😁

Unlike certain top Spanish tennis players, the tiki taka Barcelona team, or the Spanish national side 2004-2013.  

The weather here is honestly horrendous. I was thinking it should be fine but it just keeps hammering down!!

EDIT: Looking at the Met Office forecast its to stop around dinner time then potentially some light showers from midnight  for a few hours. Not much rain up until kick off time then around 4pm thunder storms... 

If the forecast comes true then surely it should be fine. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, fingers crossed they go out in it tomorrow and end up buckling themselves.

"Hardy bunch" is wrong, "determined to be as much hassle as possible" sounds more like it. Well done for cycling when its wet and all, but nobody gives a f**k.

Whereas you'll be sitting on the Internet, mewling about how wet it is, or how Saints haven't tweeted often enough for you, or haven't done enough to entice you to the game like offering to come and pick you up or some other pish.

Levels.

19 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Cyclists are wankers. 

Anyway, not going to make it which is gutting. Especially as I'd imagine Pepe playing on a slippy pitch could be terrific entertainment. 

Pepe going in for a slide tackle could take out the whole St Johnstone team, all 4 officials, and the home dugout, just hope they show it on sportscene and not do a Sevco type job on us, panning away from the disabled shelter as it collapsed under all the Sevco pitch invaders.

5 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Whereas you'll be sitting on the Internet, mewling about how wet it is, or how Saints haven't tweeted often enough for you, or haven't done enough to entice you to the game like offering to come and pick you up or some other pish.

Levels.

Not likely, I'll be driving down the Crieff Road aiming for any c**t in lycra I can find.

Wont be having a pint until after 7 though, dont want to across as a mental.

Edited by RandomGuy.

5 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Levels.

That doesn't explain why I'm nearly getting run over by cyclists on pavements, Paulo.

Get that shit sorted.