St Johnstone vs Livingston - 10/08/2019

Clark

Foster Kerr Anderson Tanser

Davidson Craig

O'Halloran Kennedy Swanson

Kane

If Kane is still out then McMillan and keep Hendry as an impact sub, where he's often had his best games for us. 

Vihman on the bench until he's more familiar with his teammates and is up to speed. Anderson and Kerr have played together and hopefully can be a bit more reliable.  We need 3 points on Saturday to stop any negativity building and to kick start our season.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

Clark

Foster Kerr Anderson Tanser

Davidson Craig

O'Halloran Kennedy Swanson

Kane

If Kane is still out then McMillan and keep Hendry as an impact sub, where he's often had his best games for us. 

Vihman on the bench until he's more familiar with his teammates and is up to speed. Anderson and Kerr have played together and hopefully can be a bit more reliable.  We need 3 points on Saturday to stop any negativity building and to kick start our season.

I was reading that Gordon came through 70 minutes last night, if no after effects, I would play him instead of Anderson. I think that is the best team we can field. As long as he does not play O'Halloran  up front in a 4:4:2

Stewart

Devlin  -  Lithgow  -  Lamie  -  McMillan

Jacobs  -  Bartley

Lawless  -  Pittman  -  Souda

Dykes

Exact same as the team that played against Motherwell for me, assuming McMillan's injury wasn't too bad. Otherwise you're either looking at Savane being fit (or even being an actual person that exists), or putting Lamie out there and having Pepe in the team. We managed to create a lot of chances and forced some good saves from the 'Well keeper so hopefully we don't have the same finishing problem this season, and Dykes, Souda, and Pittman can start hitting the back of the net for us.

No idea when I'd be able to make it to a game after this one so hopefully I can make it through. So St Johnstone fans, what are the best options for parking/public transport for getting to this excellent stadium in your fine city?

20 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Stewart

Devlin  -  Lithgow  -  Lamie  -  McMillan

Jacobs  -  Bartley

Lawless  -  Pittman  -  Souda

Dykes

Exact same as the team that played against Motherwell for me, assuming McMillan's injury wasn't too bad. Otherwise you're either looking at Savane being fit (or even being an actual person that exists), or putting Lamie out there and having Pepe in the team. We managed to create a lot of chances and forced some good saves from the 'Well keeper so hopefully we don't have the same finishing problem this season, and Dykes, Souda, and Pittman can start hitting the back of the net for us.

No idea when I'd be able to make it to a game after this one so hopefully I can make it through. So St Johnstone fans, what are the best options for parking/public transport for getting to this excellent stadium in your fine city?

If your parking then go up the hill away from the ground & use the side streets.

If train/bus there are loads of pubs in town then bus or taxi to the ground.

1 hour ago, Steve McQueen said:

If your parking then go up the hill away from the ground & use the side streets.

If train/bus t'dere are loads of pubs in town then bus or taxi to the ground.

Parking in the Letham side streets can be a bit hit and miss, and a bit or a maze if you don't know the area. Personally I would recommend either B&Q or Tescos.

Train/pints/taxi the best option though.

McDiarmid pitch was very heavy on Tuesday night. Going to be interesting to see how it copes with 40mm of rain over the past week, plus whatever falls in the next 24 hours. 

Not wanting to scaremonger but I wouldn't be astounded if the game was cancelled. 

Another positive of us changing our pitch has been not having heavy rain affecting it, we were always having to postpone game if it rained even half as much as it is now. We should just switch this to a home game at ours and play at yours when we were meant o have the home tie.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

14 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Another positive of us changing our pitch has been not having heavy rain affecting it, we were always having to postpone game if it rained even half as much as it is now. We should just switch this to a home game at ours and play at yours when we were meant o have the home tie.

Too much sense in that, although folk would moan about not being able to organise buses, ground catering etc at short notice. 

Aye no way would they switch it at short notice as the police etc would have to be involved.

Mind the time we cancelled the game against st Mirren as Zander and one or two others were out injured cos it snowed a wee bit, and we couldn't be arsed even lifting a shovel?

It could be worse though, could have travelled half way round the world to cycle across Scotland in pishing rain, lightning and gales wearing only a wee bit of lycra... can't see that being a lot of fun this weekend.

My final prediction for tomorrows line up 4:4:1:1. I am assuming Kane and Gordon are fit. They can be replaced with Hendry and Vihmann if not.

O'Halloran right and Kennedy left as they will track back (that lazy **** Swanson will not)

lineup.png

I'd rather see McCann in for Craig as I think he gives more energy without any real drop in quality, if anything McCann would I think deliver better balls to the forwards. 

Looking out the window it's absolutely hosing it down. A week off would be fine, particularly if it means we can get Kane and Gordon back. 

Downside is this looks like one of the few winnable games before the end of September (but playing in these conditions would be a leveller anyway). 

'mon the rain.

46 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

It could be worse though, could have travelled half way round the world to cycle across Scotland in pishing rain, lightning and gales wearing only a wee bit of lycra... can't see that being a lot of fun this weekend.

The police will surely cancel it if that's the case. I doubt they'll let folk risk lives cycling at speed on slippy roads not to mention the chance of getting hit by lightning when they don't trust people to walk to the football in the snow without fatally going arse over tit. There could be utter carnage. Carnage. 

8 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

The police will surely cancel it if that's the case. I doubt they'll let folk risk lives cycling at speed on slippy roads not to mention the chance of getting hit by lightning when they don't trust people to walk to the football in the snow without fatally going arse over tit. There could be utter carnage. Carnage. 

A bit off topic; Cyclists are tougher than you think. They race in all conditions is the bleakest mountain ranges. Perth no problem