Disabled fan tramplers v That particular club 11/8/19

And I was worried that Defoe was starting instead of Morelos....

Looks like we now have two strikers in great form. Morelos has that brilliant performance midweek but is rested today. I was unsure on Defoe starting as he's not featured too much recently but what a performance he turned out! Got a hat-trick but could have easily scored 5. Hibs' defence just couldn't deal with his movement and his close control was strong. 

Then Morelos comes on and within two minutes scores a brilliant individual goal! 

Morelos still first choice for me but it's great to start a season with another striker that isn't Lafferty or Sadiq.

2 hours ago, TavTastic said:

And I was worried that Defoe was starting instead of Morelos....

Looks like we now have two strikers in great form. Morelos has that brilliant performance midweek but is rested today. I was unsure on Defoe starting as he's not featured too much recently but what a performance he turned out! Got a hat-trick but could have easily scored 5. Hibs' defence just couldn't deal with his movement and his close control was strong. 

Then Morelos comes on and within two minutes scores a brilliant individual goal! 

Morelos still first choice for me but it's great to start a season with another striker that isn't Lafferty or Sadiq.

As well taken as Defoe and Morelos' goals were, this was a midfield victory. Very fast-paced, efficient Rangers side, against a team of League 1 English players who - as usual - greatly underestimated the pace of play in the Scottish game. 

13 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

As well taken as Defoe and Morelos' goals were, this was a midfield victory. Very fast-paced, efficient Rangers side, against a team of League 1 English players who - as usual - greatly underestimated the pace of play in the Scottish game. 

I'd agree. Allan and Mallan together is too lightweight for this kind of game plus Vela doesn't look up to much. Slivka should have been in for Mallan for you guys.

Going two up top with 10 men was a big mistake. Suddenly Davis didn't need to worry about players behind him and could push forward more which was pivotal for the third goal.

Edited by TavTastic

Not going with this 'Marciano saved it from being a cricket score patter' He was suspect for at least 3 of the goals and his wonder saves (2) were made to look more spectacular than they actually were. We were beaten by a decent team who punished us for being sloppy on the ball and having no desire to compete in the middle of the park. McGregor and Hanlon both had a nightmare and the sending off was idiocy of the highest order. We've lost 3 points (where we would probably expect to) and its not the end of the world(it's not as if we've been outplayed at home to Ross County FFSand scraped a draw.) Its a wake up call and has come at a time when it can be addressed. Wee Ron should be gettting his door chapped and a couple of signings imminent. The bedwetters calling for PH's head are as laughable as most of Sevco supporters on here. Get a grip.....

That pass by Scott Allan was a thing of beauty. Messi-esque.
Just imagine if all those years ago he'd went somewhere to play and develop his football instead of sitting rotting in the reserves at sellick, he may have become a decent player.

10 minutes ago, Empty It said:
1 hour ago, The Chief said:

Just imagine if all those years ago he'd went somewhere to play and develop his football instead of sitting rotting in the reserves at sellick, he may have become a decent player.

Remove the word reserves from this sentence and you have Paul McStay.

15 minutes ago, Empty It said:
1 hour ago, The Chief said:

Yeah but at least the **** didn't get him. Worth it.

Edited by gannonball

I take it no praise was given to Rangers whatsoever and Hibs have made the headlines for Allan's pass?

Disgusting, absolutely disgusting. Hot on the heels of the media forcing Lennon to play Mcgregor at left back last night. It makes you wonder, just what is going on in this country?