Mighty Raith V The Bully wee

Well you would say that. I noticed you have even made him captain. Some message to send out that is.

I never made him captain. Danny Lennon did...

I would say it as I see and it’s true. You don’t see it so don’t know what he is like around the club. I, along with others that do and have seen it, are well placed to comment on it.

4 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Speaking of this, there was a Clyde fan wearing a white tracksuit, cap and trainers who was going ballistic at everything (probably the same guy).  It added to the enjoyment of the second half yesterday for the folk sitting near me watching them. 

Rumour has it he'd just married and put off the honeymoon to see Clyde win!!

2 hours ago, raith-radgie said:

Also the Goodwillie saga - honestly people are so judgemental in life.

Nobody knows what happened that night, courts found him not guilty albeit a civil court found him guilty.

At the end of the day bar topping himself the boy has to earn a living - hopefully he can have a positive impact on those around him for the remainder of his career and life.

Nicely put, but the court didn't reach a verdict, because it didn't get itself off the charge sheet.

Otherwise, good lad. 

Was my first Raith away yesterday and other than the result it was refreshing, loved the stadium, was in the pub all night with a group of Raith fans great bunch everyone I spoke to was very pleasant, never been a big fan of Fife but Kirkcaldy surprised me.. all the best this season I’m sure you will be just fine, hope you lot win the league.

2 hours ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

...probably has the 3rd or 4th lowest budget in the league. Only Dumbarton and Stranraer I'd imagine have less. 

We were never going to go up and set the division on fire, we've not got the setup, money or fan base for that. We've just got in the league, a mid table finish would be a success and then next year we build again

Exactly correct, mate. The comfort of knowing Dumbarton is in the same league, given their current shambles, is that they are the odds on favorite for relegation. Knowing that, you have a long season to get the team settled into a higher level of play and competition and the goal, as you note, is simply avoiding bottom two.

Once you stabilize the backline, the rest of your team looks capable of playing competitively at this level.

Well you would say that. I noticed you have even made him captain. Some message to send out that is.

So I take it, in your mind no one is aloud any kind of redemption. As far as I’m aware Goodwillie has never once spoken out about this. Or dragged it on further. He has gotten on with his life. He was found NOT guilty.

So I take it, in your mind no one is aloud any kind of redemption. As far as I’m aware Goodwillie has never once spoken out about this. Or dragged it on further. He has gotten on with his life. He was found NOT guilty.

Read a few posts back up the page. He never faced a criminal trial. How could he be found not guilty?

Also he appealed the civil case and lost, hence dragging it on further.

Will we have the Goodwillie discussions every time we play Clyde?

4 hours ago, raith-radgie said:

Also the Goodwillie saga - honestly people are so judgemental in life.

Nobody knows what happened that night, courts found him not guilty albeit a civil court found him guilty.

At the end of the day bar topping himself the boy has to earn a living - hopefully he can have a positive impact on those around him for the remainder of his career and life.

One of the most sensible and level headed posts ever on here! 

I've said pretty much the same about the subject for years and had many a debate on Twitter with the keyboard sheriffs who seem to "know" what happened that night and say that he is guilty.

Nobody knows what happened that night and how it happened other than the 3 people who were there.

As far as football goes, The guy basically single handedly kept us in league 2 when he joined and has been the main man in getting us to League 1 other than Danny Lennon.

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

The closest verdict for Goodwillie, given the case was never adjudicated at a criminal level, would be “not proven”. The civil case proceeded because corroboration is not required, and the standard for decision is much lower.

Given what had happened before then, versus his clean sheet since 2012, it isn’t completely unreasonable to allow some room for rehabilitation. It doesn’t make him a boy scout, nor does it excuse him putting himself in those situations, but...

Anyone get a Sunday paper today. Noticed last Monday football pull out in The Sun had no reporter at any games in L1 and L2 division with each game no longer indiviually reported. Is it Still same this weekend..Poor coverage

the papers have cut costs so fewer reporters , having said that cant remember last time I bought one tend to read them online ( if at all ) read the metro most mornings during train journey but not for its football content[emoji23]

the papers have cut costs so fewer reporters , having said that cant remember last time I bought one tend to read them online ( if at all ) read the metro most mornings during train journey but not for its football content[emoji23]   

Very rarely buy myself. Sunday/ Monday were only days  

Used to Enjoy Tam Cowans restaurant reviews on a Sunday and they.ve pulled the plug on that (Maybe reason their skint[emoji23])

So now just a Monday but defo not going to bother now