Mighty Raith V The Bully wee

3 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Please do tell us of any evidence that you have of us being "more savage than human". Other than the fact you don't like people from the Glasgow area because you're from the East (I presume). Either that or you're just regurgitating crap you've read on here before.

You are rather savage tho but to be fair Clydexare the only club to move from Glasgow to somewhere even worse. 

Could barely see what was going on at one point in the 2nd half because of the seagulls, which was most welcome. 

Really struggling to take many positives from our performance today. We finished the 1st half quite strongly with a few decent balls into the box and obviously got two goals in the 2nd half but the game was well gone by that point. The three subs did quite well but I wouldn't have thought any of them would've made a massive difference had they started the game. 

I thought Goodwillie looked a bit sharper today compared to last week but he's still not 100%. He lasted the 90 as well which was encouraging. Even with him having an off day, he still scored a well taken goal and I think it was him that won the free kick for our 2nd so you can see why Lennon persists with him even if he's not fully fit, there's always the chance of a goal from nothing.

For all we've been going on about the full backs this season I thought the centre halves were worse today. We've been saying for weeks that as soon as we came up against a Raith Rovers/Falkirk side McNiff would be in for a torrid time of it, and it would be harsh to criticise Wallace too much given the circumstances which led him to play RB, but Petkov and Rumsby looked like they'd never met each other before. Makes it even more frustrating that Petkov was jobbing about the Challenge Cup with Hearts on a night when he should've been training with us and presumably won't be able to play on Tuesday night. 

Lennon coming over to us at full time to apologise and take responsibility certainly was appreciated. One or two of his predecessors would've come over only to exchange fists so that was a refreshing change. Couldn't have been an easy thing to do so fair play but actions speak louder than words, ultimately. 

Don't think where we were sat was too bad tbh but if the post above is correct then we would've only needed another 100 or so to open the other stand which would've been better. Didn't think it was a particularly great turnout from us for the first away game of the league campaign 

Sorry that I’m unable to just nip on down to the game, but it’s about 18+ hours each way, at a minimum, and not a doable weekender.
I didn’t slate the team, I simply suggested that from Clyde comments and text updates (BBC and Raith) we were missing opportunities in a similar manner to last week. The second half our movement forward seemed better, but I still have concerns because both the teams we have faced have serious backline and/or goalie concerns.
So please apologize to the morons you offended by comparing them to me. Cheers, and good luck finding the right lineup as you get healthy.
Raith TV provide an excellent service for those abroad and closer to home with the commentary. We put in a good performance with 5 different goalscorers, not one of which was playing as a striker. We don't have a nizzy this season, we have Allan who works his arse off and links the play nicely who will score his fair share but the goals will be spread around the team with the likes of him creating space and linking the play.
Please do tell us of any evidence that you have of us being "more savage than human". Other than the fact you don't like people from the Glasgow area because you're from the East (I presume). Either that or you're just regurgitating crap you've read on here before.
He's a wum. He's caught a fair few tonight, fair play to him.

As poor as we were, i take enormous encouragement from the brutal slaying handed out by Raith fans to their own side. This is a matter of standards, and to be fair, most of our side have previously faced down some low points to recover well. Let's heed the moral on this thread and NOT make excuses, no matter how glaringly shite a display we turn in. Writing any match off, such as Falkirk or today, smacks of Gordon Strachan's "free hit" garbage being used as a buffer against any form of ambition or expectation. Get it to f**k, or send us back where we belong with that attitude.

The defence were an absolute Nagasaki under virtually zero pressure, and a 9.6 when there was even the slightest glimmer of it. There's f**k all relationship going to emerge from that four, and i'm basing that prediction on the lack of any of today's four having the others' back. At the very least, that should be a minimum. No names, they were all pish today.

This infestation is spreading a real lack of confidence in various players expected to carry the ball as far from the bombsite as possible. But i'm not letting Johnstone, Smith or McStay in particular off the hook. They're good footballers, who need a boot up the arse and to take responsibility. Again, there's very little relationships developing from any of these learning curves. That would at least demonstrate a team work ethic and something to maybe stem the tide, like today, if we WERE such a poor team. We're beginning to look it. The post match comments need looked at as well. What exactly was funny? 

As poor as we were, i take enormous encouragement from the brutal slaying handed out by Raith fans to their own side. This is a matter of standards, and to be fair, most of our side have previously faced down some low points to recover well. Let's heed the moral on this thread and NOT make excuses, no matter how glaringly shite a display we turn in. Writing any match off, such as Falkirk or today, smacks of Gordon Strachan's "free hit" garbage being used as a buffer against any form of ambition or expectation. Get it to f**k, or send us back where we belong with that attitude.

The defence were an absolute Nagasaki under virtually zero pressure, and a 9.6 when there was even the slightest glimmer of it. There's f**k all relationship going to emerge from that four, and i'm basing that prediction on the lack of any of today's four having the others' back. At the very least, that should be a minimum. No names, they were all pish today.

This infestation is spreading a real lack of confidence in various players expected to carry the ball as far from the bombsite as possible. But i'm not letting Johnstone, Smith or McStay in particular off the hook. They're good footballers, who need a boot up the arse and to take responsibility. Again, there's very little relationships developing from any of these learning curves. That would at least demonstrate a team work ethic and something to maybe stem the tide, like today, if we WERE such a poor team. We're beginning to look it. The post match comments need looked at as well. What exactly was funny? 
this 100 %

Could barely see what was going on at one point in the 2nd half because of the seagulls, which was most welcome. 
Really struggling to take many positives from our performance today. We finished the 1st half quite strongly with a few decent balls into the box and obviously got two goals in the 2nd half but the game was well gone by that point. The three subs did quite well but I wouldn't have thought any of them would've made a massive difference had they started the game. 
I thought Goodwillie looked a bit sharper today compared to last week but he's still not 100%. He lasted the 90 as well which was encouraging. Even with him having an off day, he still scored a well taken goal and I think it was him that won the free kick for our 2nd so you can see why Lennon persists with him even if he's not fully fit, there's always the chance of a goal from nothing.
For all we've been going on about the full backs this season I thought the centre halves were worse today. We've been saying for weeks that as soon as we came up against a Raith Rovers/Falkirk side McNiff would be in for a torrid time of it, and it would be harsh to criticise Wallace too much given the circumstances which led him to play RB, but Petkov and Rumsby looked like they'd never met each other before. Makes it even more frustrating that Petkov was jobbing about the Challenge Cup with Hearts on a night when he should've been training with us and presumably won't be able to play on Tuesday night. 
Lennon coming over to us at full time to apologise and take responsibility certainly was appreciated. One or two of his predecessors would've come over only to exchange fists so that was a refreshing change. Couldn't have been an easy thing to do so fair play but actions speak louder than words, ultimately. 
Don't think where we were sat was too bad tbh but if the post above is correct then we would've only needed another 100 or so to open the other stand which would've been better. Didn't think it was a particularly great turnout from us for the first away game of the league campaign 
and was laughing during the post match interview did you appreciate that as well ?

5 hours ago, Scotchpie said:
On 04/08/2019 at 22:03, Ro Sham Bo said:
I'll be going hoping to see us win but more so hoping that little cretin Goodwillie suffers a career ending injury. It is the least he deserves.

Pretty poor comment. I'm sure your home town is full of much worse, in fact I'm certain.

I doubt it. The guy should be rotting in jail. The highlight of the match was watching him and Johnston trudge off the pitch at the end. 

Second game in but for all the shouts of we should have hired Lennon instead of mcglynn, today showed me why mcglynn was the better appointment. We were organised, playing good tactical football to draw Clyde out, then playing into the gaps, got our lead (a pen admittedly) then pushed on. We ground out a result against a poor sons team that will struggle this season but those are the games you need to grind out. There's still 34 games to go but I'm feeling positive about this season. I'm not expecting us to win the league, if we can finish a good second and take that into the playoffs I'll consider that a good season considering the money Falkirk are chucking at it.

Only complaint I had about the away end was the backless seats which killed my back but apart from that it was a decent away section with a good view of the park. Cant compare to the stand behind the goal as this was my first trip through here.

On the game, we were brutal to watch today. The attitude of some of the players was abysmal and they should be asking themselves serious questions.
1st Goal was never a penalty and tbh the ref had a fucking nightmare throughout the game, utterly useless ref.

2nd goal was embarrassing, it was just school boy defending and any team never mind a decent team would bag a goal from that.

The rest of the goals were just comical defending. We need a Left back and I'm fed up saying it.
Smith was just shite as was wallace.
Mcstays head must still be in Australia, goodie isn't fit, johnstone was anonymous and I could go on and on about the defence.

We took our first goal well and I missed the 2nd as when the 5th went in I'd had enough.

Decent support though today just a shame we witnessed a pasting on the park and with Falkirk putting 6 past Dumbarton I'm scared what they'll do to us!

I doubt it. The guy should be rotting in jail. The highlight of the match was watching him and Johnston trudge off the pitch at the end. 
Did you have a bad fall on your head or something? I can't remember you being this much of a dick a few months ago!

1 minute ago, grumswall said:
8 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Did you have a bad fall on your head or something? I can't remember you being this much of a dick a few months ago!

Do you think that he should be out and about playing football? It's an absolute disgrace that any club would take him on. Shame on Clyde. A club with obviously no principles at all.

Do you think that he should be out and about playing football? It's an absolute disgrace that any club would take him on. Shame on Clyde. A club with obviously no principles at all.

Are you kicking up this much fuss about players within our ranks who have committed crimes? The guy has obviously paid a price despite not being found guilty that he is playing for (no disrespect intended) Clyde.

I am in no way defending what he may or may not have done. I was merely stating that your coming across as a tit these days.

1 minute ago, grumswall said:

The guy has obviously paid a price despite not being found guilty

This will suffice, thanks. 

No offence taken either, with the indignant jibe at the level his career has sunk to. I actually agree with you. Hopefully, with more abuse bring directed towards him, others like you come to the fore and have the matter discussed openly and with dignity, unlike the complete fucking morons of League Two. 

You'll love the Peterhead fans, if Sham Bo does your nut in. 

5 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Fook me,your about as bad as the ones that booed him everytime he was on the ball.

Embarrassing

Going on the Boo ratio between Goodwillie and Johnston, I dread to think what the latter is alleged to have done.

Only complaint I had about the away end was the backless seats which killed my back but apart from that it was a decent away section with a good view of the park. Cant compare to the stand behind the goal as this was my first trip through here.

On the game, we were brutal to watch today. The attitude of some of the players was abysmal and they should be asking themselves serious questions.
1st Goal was never a penalty and tbh the ref had a fucking nightmare throughout the game, utterly useless ref.

2nd goal was embarrassing, it was just school boy defending and any team never mind a decent team would bag a goal from that.

The rest of the goals were just comical defending. We need a Left back and I'm fed up saying it.
Smith was just shite as was wallace.
Mcstays head must still be in Australia, goodie isn't fit, johnstone was anonymous and I could go on and on about the defence.

We took our first goal well and I missed the 2nd as when the 5th went in I'd had enough.

Decent support though today just a shame we witnessed a pasting on the park and with Falkirk putting 6 past Dumbarton I'm scared what they'll do to us!
dont worry whatever the score danny lennon will have a laugh about it [emoji106]