Mighty Raith V The Bully wee

We need a new friendship derby with Berwick being away. Are you guys wishing to take on the mantle? I know we may have gotten off on the wrong foot with a few but I think we can get past it and build something beautiful.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

The closest verdict for Goodwillie, given the case was never adjudicated at a criminal level, would be “not proven”. The civil case proceeded because corroboration is not required, and the standard for decision is much lower.

Given what had happened before then, versus his clean sheet since 2012, it isn’t completely unreasonable to allow some room for rehabilitation. It doesn’t make him a boy scout, nor does it excuse him putting himself in those situations, but...

The dreaded 'R' word, however remains highly biased in the camp of a guilty verdict, rather than the possibility that the truth itself emerged? 

Certainly it curtailed his lifestyle enormously, and poor decision making of such magnitudes was taken out of the equation. In that sense, he's behaved impeccably since. No one can argue that. Even among civilians, today, all it takes is one clown with his phone at an interlude, potentially destroying lives regardless of innocence (of the incident) or later, consent to distribute, which would be piss-easy to prove today if that occurred. I'm shocked there hasn't been more convictions for that, than what Goodwillie was given no case to answer for.

Completely agree on the 'not proven' aspect, though. That's about right. Because no one truly knows. 

Just watched the highlights. Exactly the result and performance I'd have expected from each side. The word 'gang' has now been used to describe our defence four times since the first cup match; initially by me and other Clyde and now by the supporters of other sides on here. We're desperately disorganised back there; leaderless and thoroughly inexperienced. I would carry on with a tighter backline notwithstanding the circus start it's had. But it's players we need, not tweaks. Send Petkov packing, waste of a wage. Get a sodding left back in. Get Duffie, McNiff and Rumbsy off the books if possible. Loan them out. Howie too. We've got to do something radical or this'll be a brutal season for defending. We've built from the front; an insane way to build a team at this level. Walter wept.

32 minutes ago, Adolfo Rios said:

We need a new friendship derby with Berwick being away. Are you guys wishing to take on the mantle? I know we may have gotten off on the wrong foot with a few but I think we can get past it and build something beautiful.

Already started. Was away last week at a doo which included a good Raith lad. Neither of us could make yesterday but planning to meet up for return leg....... #lanarkshire/fife alliance

3 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Will we have the Goodwillie discussions every time we play Clyde?

I think I've gotten it out of my system now, although if he manages to score a goal that costs us points later in the season I might have a relapse. 

Just watched the highlights. Exactly the result and performance I'd have expected from each side. The word 'gang' has now been used to describe our defence four times since the first cup match; initially by me and other Clyde and now by the supporters of other sides on here. We're desperately disorganised back there; leaderless and thoroughly inexperienced. I would carry on with a tighter backline notwithstanding the circus start it's had. But it's players we need, not tweaks. Send Petkov packing, waste of a wage. Get a sodding left back in. Get Duffie, McNiff and Rumbsy off the books if possible. Loan them out. Howie too. We've got to do something radical or this'll be a brutal season for defending. We've built from the front; an insane way to build a team at this level. Walter wept.
doubt we could get rid off all those players
rumsby / mcniff just signed new deals so the money will reasonable , duffie he is never fit ( not his fault ) 26 appearances in 2 years so dont think there will be a line of clubs wanting to sign him Not sure howie has done that much wrong seems to be coping the blame from lennon (dropped ) defensive recruitment doesnt look good to be honest , just need to hope we sort it out quickly
FInal point not sure how much money is left for new players

I have to say that agree with everything that has been said about Raith Rovers fans on here.  I well remember their dark days when they had Claude (le fraude) Anelka at the helm.  A fiasco of a season for them, yet heaps of respect for those fans that came to Broadwood at the end of that season.  Raith fans are like Berwick fans.  Good guys with whom having a pint together would be a real delight.  I remember 2004, and with the respect that I had for you guys then and before then, I wish you well this season.  As a Clyde fan, happy to stay up this season.  But I hope that your team makes an impression on the league and that you go all the way.

Edited by Fast_Action

57 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

doubt we could get rid off all those players
rumsby / mcniff just signed new deals so the money will reasonable , duffie he is never fit ( not his fault ) 26 appearances in 2 years so dont think there will be a line of clubs wanting to sign him Not sure howie has done that much wrong seems to be coping the blame from lennon (dropped ) defensive recruitment doesnt look good to be honest , just need to hope we sort it out quickly
FInal point not sure how much money is left for new players

What money? ☹️

9 hours ago, raith-radgie said:

Also the Goodwillie saga - honestly people are so judgemental in life.

Nobody knows what happened that night, courts found him not guilty albeit a civil court found him guilty.

At the end of the day bar topping himself the boy has to earn a living - hopefully he can have a positive impact on those around him for the remainder of his career and life.

We know she said 'no'.

Kind regards,

Dundee FC.

3 hours ago, Adolfo Rios said:

The above statement is just spew material. Who the f**k do you think you are?

Get yersel and the rest of yer manky Clyde fans ta f**k.

You can shove Goodwillie  up yer arse while you're at it. He was found guilty in Civil court.

We hate Clyde. Everybody hates Clyde so get over it.

Late ti the party, but ma experience wi Clyde fans was when Rovers were playing QOS me and ma pal changed trains at Glasgow for Dumfries and on the same train there was Clyde fans going to Annan. They were aloud bunch of about 15/20 and the toilet was next to them. So needing a piss got the best o me and said to maself ‘go for a pee and take the trouble’

Ended up me and ma mate drank with them for the rest o the journey, had a brilliant time.

Rovers got pumped 3-0 by QOS

You can shove Goodwillie  up yer arse while you're at it. He was found guilty in Civil court.

[emoji1] it’s a tongue and cheek post on the Internet, go have a lie down. [emoji1]

Proof every club has absolute roasters following them