Mighty Raith V The Bully wee

2 minutes ago, DeanMck said:

I got a video of it all, was hilarious. All in good humour. He was going to offer the player a rub on his sore foot. The player had a laugh about it too so just calm your jets before accusing people of stuff. 

Andy?! 

One thing that appears obvious already is that the standard in league 2 last season must've been at an all time low. That's us played Peterhead and Clyde already and it's hard to believe we'll play anybody worse this season than the two of them. They're both miles away from Montrose last season.

4 hours ago, WSDR 88 said:

Just watched the highlights, we looked very good at times on it, but again Davo & Bene had a few bowlers that better teams (sorry Clyde) or even a match fit Goodwillie would have absolutely punished us for, Bene in the first half and Davo in the second half on the highlights. That ball for the Anderson goal was absolutely brilliant, who was it that played that? Couldn’t fathom on the highlights. Good to see Victoria get off the mark as well.

If we can get 7pts from the next 3 games, what a start to the season, and then Vaughan & Dingwall to be eased back in to the team. Great stuff!

See the source image

2 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Speaking of this, there was a Clyde fan wearing a white tracksuit, cap and trainers who was going ballistic at everything (probably the same guy).  It added to the enjoyment of the second half yesterday for the folk sitting near me watching them. 

I'm surprised he wasn't thrown out for being a fire hazard.

2 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Speaking of this, there was a Clyde fan wearing a white tracksuit, cap and trainers who was going ballistic at everything (probably the same guy).  It added to the enjoyment of the second half yesterday for the folk sitting near me watching them. 

That'll narrow it down to a few hundred then. Just as well there's no ID parade required.

1 hour ago, C. Muir said:

Just glad we have a good manager who I trust to sort it out over time, even if it takes the January window to do it. Imagine if we went up under Duffy or Ferguson? 😰

Or Chapman or Brown or Hendry. (Obviously they wouldn’t have got us up anyway)

Decades of neglect will take a fair bit of time to recover. At least we are better than any of these guys teams managed to put on the park 

4 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I don't think I could be a Clyde supporter while Goodwillie plays for them.

Because the match threads being like this every week must be fucking interminable.

Strangely enough it's been quite refreshing seeing the comments from the majority of raith fans here, I've always found raith fans to be a good bunch. Looks like you do have a proper wee fanny who's handy with his keyboard :lol:

Not seen yesterday's highlights yet, but safe to say that Raith are too big for this league and have been down here for too long. 

Also the Goodwillie saga - honestly people are so judgemental in life.

Nobody knows what happened that night, courts found him not guilty albeit a civil court found him guilty.

At the end of the day bar topping himself the boy has to earn a living - hopefully he can have a positive impact on those around him for the remainder of his career and life.

3 minutes ago, raith-radgie said:

Nobody knows what happened that night, courts found him not guilty albeit a civil court found him guilty.

At the end of the day bar topping himself the boy has to earn a living - hopefully he can have a positive impact on those around him for the remainder of his career and life.

Far too sensible & reasonable. It will never catch on.

2 minutes ago, raith-radgie said:

well said.

It never even made the courts as there was insufficient/no evidence to prosecute.

On the last sentence, everything he has done at the club has been exactly that. Nothing but a credit to himself and the club.

A rare beacon of common sense in the sea of idiots who have had their say on the matter on here over the last few years.

Well said!

Can't believe some Clyde fans are hitting the panic button already... 

1. We have just been promoted into a league we've not been in for over 9 years. 

2. Our first 4 games, 2 are miles ahead of the rest and will battle it out for the league, 1 has had a great start to the season, has a neat squad and a decent manager, the other a hybrid full time squad with some great wee players and another decent manager. 

3. We're not a 1st division team anymore, our last 12 years have confirmed that. 

4. We've got a top manager who knows what hes doing, it needs to be respected that he probably has the 3rd or 4th lowest budget in the league. Only Dumbarton and Stranraer I'd imagine have less. 

5. Our best player is not 100% fit, my own player of the year last season (Rankin) is still a few weeks away, big Kristoffer being out is unfortunate and Cuddihy missing yesterday was also a big loss. 

We were never going to go up and set the division on fire, we've not got the setup, money or fan base for that. We've just got in the league, a mid table finish would be a success and then next year we build again. A bit of patience doesn't go a miss! Right now our level is with East Fife, Forfar and Montrose but we have to earn that place. Once we play those teams we'll see how we get on. 

The defence is a fucking shambles but they need protection from the midfield. A few arses will be booted but I trust Danny and Alan to get it sorted.

My personal thoughts really are the injuries to our crucial players and the hard start in the fixture calendar was never going to be a Good mix. It was also going to be an early kick in the baws to a team that strives on confidence, the fans need to get behind the boys. 

As for comments about Lennon laughing? f**k me 🤨

What utter, utter tripe.