Mighty Raith V The Bully wee

The defence is woeful but let's not lay all the blame at their feet. We have been miles off the pace, right across the pitch for most of the half.

Only Raith taking their foot off the gas in the last 10 minutes let us create a couple of half chances from set pieces.

I accept Petkov clearly has potential but so far he's nowhere near the level we need. I'm not convinced we're better off with him over Howie.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

1 hour ago, BroadwoodBoy said:

Going by our team just announced on twitter Cuddihy & Norway are both out injured. Hopefully Cuddihy won't be out for too long!

Never heard a warning about shooting during the warm-up before. Weird. And never had sprinklers directed into a crowd before either.

Cuddihy did the warm-up, surprised he is not at least on the bench. Syvertsen did a bit of jogging but looked sore still.

The sad thing is that Raith haven't had to do anything to be 2-0 up. First two serious attacks, two goals. Could have been more since. No idea what the bizarre system was that we started the game with, almost a back three but not quite, maybe wanting Duffie to match MacDonald.

Number 8 is a player, we need to sit Lamont on him and try to take him out the game.

Clyde came into the game a wee bit more in the last five minutes, but I think the Rovers had decided to play out for half time and misjudged the amount of stoppage time. From totally dominating we spent a couple a minutes camped well inside our own half.

McGurn had to make a good stop very early on, but we totally controlled the game from then on. Lots of passing around at the back to draw Clyde on, and then trying to play into the space. Hendry has been imperious, as we've come to expect. Won the penalty, scored the penalty, created the second out of nothing, and could've had another goal with a header that went wide.

Real shame to see Bowie go off, hopefully it's just precautionary. He was really starting to link well with MacDonald. Let's see what Victoria can do in the second half.

Worth watching the highlights for the pass into Anderson alone. Perfectly weighted curling ball for Ando coming in off the channel, and he did brilliantly to just nip it under the keeper from a tight angle.

Ando's the absolute boy. He's just wired one right into the stand on his left foot, but only after taking a sixty yard pass on his chest to beat his man. Glorious.

1 minute ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Worth watching the highlights for the pass into Anderson alone. Perfectly weighted curling ball for Ando coming in off the channel, and he did brilliantly to just nip it under the keeper from a tight angle.

Ando's the absolute boy. He's just wired one right into the stand on his left foot, but only after taking a sixty yard pass on his chest to beat his man. Glorious.

Whilst I don’t disagree, the man he beat was Martin McNiff and that’s not saying much!

Hopefully the injuries to Anderson and Bowie aren’t serious. Could do without another season wrecked by injuries to key players.

On the plus side, Dingwall and Vaughan in the Main Stand both looking fit and healthy.

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I woke up at 130, made it down to Haymarket for 2. Went to go the cash machine and realised I’d left my bank cards in the house. Got home, threw my phone in a rage and smashed the back of it. Great day out.

A Dumbarton kinda day, eh? The worry for me is now our attack looks weak...one against a Dumbarton team that is getting pumped and still not playing up to possibilities here versus Clyde. 

5 minutes ago, TxRover said:

A Dumbarton kinda day, eh? The worry for me is now our attack looks weak...one against a Dumbarton team that is getting pumped and still not playing up to possibilities here versus Clyde. 

Bore off. We are 4 up ffs.