Mighty Raith V The Bully wee

Our home form will hopefully continue. If you generally only attend our home games, then we’ve been pretty good at home since Gary F Locke got booted out in February 2017.

Goodwillie aside, I don’t know much about Clyde’s squad. I like Danny Lennon as a manager so I’ll be interested to see how he has them playing.

From the games I’ve seen us this season - Cowdenbeath friendly was fairly comfortable, Dundee game where Mendy had a disaster but we had some good attaching moves, and Peterhead, very comfortable before introducing Mendy - I would hope we’ll continue to do well at home against League 1 opposition.

Rovers 3 v Clyde 1

BTTS and Raith to win for me. We are good going forward but at the back teams know McNiff is our weakness. East Fife had about 80% of their possession in that area at the weekend!

Always enjoyed going to Starks Park and it's been a while. The last time I was there we won 1-0 with Jimmy Gibson scoring a peach of a free kick that would've put Beckham to shame!! That wont happen this weekend with Cuddihy on the set pieces though...

Raith losing Nisbet is a great move for everyone else in League 1 but I'm not sure who else they have up top. It's going to be a hard game anyway.

Looking forward to this match. My only previous visit to Stark's Park was the already mentioned 4-0 cup win, 20 years ago. I'd take that result again...

Hopefully some of our injured players will be fit again by Saturday as our squad is already starting to feel a little stretched.

Assuming Goodwillie's fitness doesn't miraculously improve this week, and if Syverten is still out, I'd start Darren Smith through the middle and add Lamont into midfield. I think we'll need higher workrates than Saturday's game (certianly the second half anyway) to have a chance to winning this one.

Is Goodwillie coming back from an injury or just had a slow pre season? Glad to hear he isn’t at full fitness whatever!

Btw, what ever happened to Scott Ferguson? I got dragged to a Cowden/Clyde game years ago and the boy stood out like a sore thumb, he was linked with several clubs in leagues above but now I see he is struggling to get a game in the juniors?! What went wrong?

Looking forward to Saturday, hopefully build on a promising start at Dumbarton.

Clyde are one of those teams along with Motherwell and Kilmarnock who we’ve not played a lot in recent times so will be good to see a different team at Starks. Any idea how many fans Clyde will bring through?

As discussed our head to head record with Clyde is poor. We’ve not beat them at Starks since 1990 with no win at home in our last 10 against them. Stats don’t make for great reading but they’re pretty irrelevant given the time that has passed since we last shared a league.

I’d imagine we’ll see the same team as started last week but Smith could be close to getting the nod ahead of Allan. I still think we’ll see a loan striker added at some point. Given Vaughan’s Instagram post it looks like he is close to a return which will obviously be a massive boost but probably a couple of weeks full training before he is risked from the bench.

Think we will edge it 2-1. Bowie and Hendry for us, DGW inevitably for Clyde.

9 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Looking forward to Saturday, hopefully build on a promising start at Dumbarton.

Clyde are one of those teams along with Motherwell and Kilmarnock who we’ve not played a lot in recent times so will be good to see a different team at Starks. Any idea how many fans Clyde will bring through?

As discussed our head to head record with Clyde is poor. We’ve not beat them at Starks since 1990 with no win at home in our last 10 against them. Stats don’t make for great reading but they’re pretty irrelevant given the time that has passed since we last shared a league.

I’d imagine we’ll see the same team as started last week but Smith could be close to getting the nod ahead of Allan. I still think we’ll see a loan striker added at some point. Given Vaughan’s Instagram post it looks like he is close to a return which will obviously be a massive boost but probably a couple of weeks full training before he is risked from the bench.

Think we will edge it 2-1. Bowie and Hendry for us, DGW inevitably for Clyde.

Would guess between 2 and 300. I've never been to Starks and I imagine a good number around my age or younger will be in the same boat so probably get a few extra on the back of that.

27 minutes ago, Pride of Fife said:

Is Goodwillie coming back from an injury or just had a slow pre season? Glad to hear he isn’t at full fitness whatever!

Btw, what ever happened to Scott Ferguson? I got dragged to a Cowden/Clyde game years ago and the boy stood out like a sore thumb, he was linked with several clubs in leagues above but now I see he is struggling to get a game in the juniors?! What went wrong?

Goodie was injured in the playoff final and was on crutches for the celebrations.  He's started pre-season about 3-4 weeks behind everyone else as a result.  

Scott Ferguson done his ACL against East Fife then another bad injury against Annan not too long after coming back from that seemed to knock everything out of him.  Was never the same player after that.    

The kind of game that is broadly in the 'must win almost all of them' category.

As others have said our home results tend to be pretty good. Hopefully that continues and we can go on a wee run and rack up some early points. If we can get a few more wins before September and the return of Vaughan and Tony fae Dingwall then that would go down as a fantastic start.

Edited by HIT THE CHANNEL

11 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

Imagine attending a sporting event in the hope somebody suffers a serious injury. What a fucking zoomer.

Scudding you mutants 4-0 in the Scottish after your manager called our team a bunch of juniors was one of the finest moments of the last 20 years following Clyde. Let’s hope for a repeat on Saturday with a Goodwillie hatrick to ratchet up the seethe.

Sod being a Clyde fan if that's as good as the last 20 years have gotten!

I predict 4-0 Clyde, providing another 'fine moment' to keep their fans going for another 20 years.

I predict 4-0 Clyde, providing another 'fine moment' to keep their fans going for another 20 years.

I did say one of the finest and that is more of a personal view I suppose given that I was a fairly young lad in my first season following the team regularly back then. To go to a team from a league above and tonk them 4-0 seemed pretty notable. Atmosphere in the away end was great that day too. There have been plenty of other highs and lows over the years though [emoji23].

2 hours ago, Sweaty Morph said:

We've had many highs and lows since then. From finishing bottom of a different division 3 seasons in a row to beating Celtic!

None quite as bizarre as the Claude Anelka days right enough!

When we have a fully fit squad to choose from, our midfield & forwards will be pretty much a match for anything in this league & better than some.

Any supporter will understand, when you're looking to pick up something away from home you'll also likely need a solid defence.  We're operating with decent right back options, a choice of 3 right sided centre halfs two of which are promising youngsters and a guy doing his best to fill in at left back.   

So for Rovers' fans, that'll explain why you'll likely see a lot of comments suggesting we'd gladly take somehow grinding out a draw right now.  Also if it's true Goodwillie's having to take injections to play, rest him now & take the short term hit rather than cause longer term problems.   We should have everyone by the turn of the month, though another loan likely needed to sort out the LB 

Imagine attending a sporting event in the hope somebody suffers a serious injury. What a fucking zoomer.

Scudding you mutants 4-0 in the Scottish after your manager called our team a bunch of juniors was one of the finest moments of the last 20 years following Clyde. Let’s hope for a repeat on Saturday with a Goodwillie hatrick to ratchet up the seethe.
Was at that game. Grimboats.

Haven’t seen raith for years so not sure what to expect but it will be difficult as they do seem to be good at home. 

We are still adjusting to the higher level, which was evident against east fife. They are miles ahead of anyone we played in league 2, including Peterhead. 

Going forward we are good, although Goodwillie not being fit is a concern. Petkov really improved the defence though.