Artificial Pitches. . . .Need to go!

18 minutes ago, Blaze said:

Kilmarnock, Livingston and Hamilton fans in shock "Plastic is better in the winter months!" blast to fans of teams with proper grass pitches.

Get them to f**k, and the plastic pitches too.

FTFY.

So many closed minds, with entrenched views on artificial surfaces, they just make shit up to suit what they think, shame really.

Livingston fan in shock "plastic is still better than grass" proclamation.

Keep telling yourself that.
It's like a cult, utterly delusional. Because their club has a terrible playing surface they feel the need to double down.

Livingstons 2 fans are brilliant!

Just echoing what I said.

Plastics great...blah fuckin blah.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

2 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Was reading earlier that recent studies have actually shown that people who hate plastic pitches are weird and stupid.

Interesting but not very surprising.

Exhibit A:

14 minutes ago, Blaze said:

Livingstons 2 fans are brilliant!

Just echoing what I said.

Plastics great...blah fuckin blah.emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

This is starting to bore me now even allowing for the best attempts by the Paisley mink to try and inject some interest.

All I can say is that in almost sixty years of watching live football; a good artificial pitch give far more reliable performance compared to the vast majority of other pitches (asphalt aside) .  The ball doesn't get caught in ruts or stops dead in puddles of water. The pitch doesn't tear up after five minutes or get thread bare by about November.

On the negative side players do have to choose the correct footwear - a thing that I find truly mystifying seeing as how most teams actually practice throughout the week on synthetic surfaces.

The black pellet think keeps also being raised although I'm unsure why other than for aesthetic reasons.

Another thing that has come up recently is that the surface can be damaged by pyrotechnics throw from the crowd

On the plus side we have an excellent surface that can be used all week long; all year. We have been accused of having an unfair advantage but then pretty much every home team has an advantage - playing at home at Celtic park or Ibrox in front of 50k baying fans is an undoubted advantage; playing on a wider pitch than other teams are used to is also something to consider. 

I actually saw some of the first games at QPR in the early eighties with their new pitch (where players often chose to wear tracksuit bottoms to avoid the "burn"). This stuff is a million times better than that and will only improve as new developments are made. 

Each to their own I suppose but I love it. 

On 04/02/2020 at 14:56, Blaze said:

Kilmarnock, Livingston and Hamilton fans in shock "Plastic is better!" blast to fans of teams with proper grass pitches.

Get them to f**k, and the plastic pitches too.

If you're getting rid of top flight teams without a "proper grass pitch", then you'd lose half the league.

Edited by RandomGuy.

On 02/02/2020 at 14:24, dumpweed said:

Inconsistent bounce of the ball on artificial pitches?

it's a flat surface all over with the exact same ground cover! No mud, divots, holes, sand.

I've watched us play on a plastic pitch for 10 years and can assure you the bounce is very inconsistent. It depends what way that bit of 'grass' has been combed or what way it has been flattened. When the pitch is dry it is horrendous to watch teams play football on it, the ball constantly bobbles and the pitch is so slow.

I'm sure this will be worse on our pitch because it's old and now poor quality. New pitches shouldn't have these issues to the same extent.

The plastic v grass debate is a bit pointless, it shouldn't be about what materials the pitch is made of, should just be the end result of how good it is to play on. A good plastic pitch is better than a bad grass one. A good grass pitch is better than any plastic one. If you can't afford to maintain a quality grass pitch (like most clubs in Scotland) a good plastic one is a good option.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

Apologies if someone has done this already and to a much higher standard but...

I hate my job so decided to pull together some descriptives for home vs. away records. If anyone can make sense of it let alone spot a trend then let me know, please :D Also, if there are any additional numbers worth including then i'm all ears. Btw, I got near the end of this then realised there might be a +/-1 difference in H vs A game played but f*ck it. Season ending injuries etc. are beyond the scope of this table 😛

Position is based on unevenness of H vs A points. Higher or Lower than rank is essentially are this club in a higher or lower position in the league than their avg home attendances would predict (as if that predicts anything!) and evenness doesn't mean a lot when you win most games like the OF do.

Headline: Most teams (11 /12) have a better home record than away record; St. Mirren, Livi, Killie, and County have it most skewed in favour of home.

HATable.JPG

PS. I blame the pitch.

Edited by crispy

Rangers staff are working ‘furiously’ to improve the problematic Ibrox pitch ahead of the Premiership clash against Livingston.

The players are likely relieved to be returning to home comforts, but questions remain over the state of the playing surface, which the manager described as ‘awful’

Looking forward to seeing how the ball will have a nice consistent bounce on Sevco's grass pitch today then, cause grass pitches are always perfect aint they? 

Oh wait, there's a pitch inspection now.

Grass pitches eh, Motherwell v St Mirren postponed, Sevco v Livi in doubt, get grass pitches tae f**k.

These idiotic grass pitches - they cause players to get injured, they get waterlogged meaning that you can't play games on them, and they look atrocious on the TV in the winter. In the words of the great sage McGhee, "get that tae fu".