Artificial Pitches. . . .Need to go!

On 26/10/2019 at 17:00, Jarballs said:

Did anyone catch Chris Sutton there on BT Sport's answer to Sky's Soccer Saturday absolutely seething about how "plastic pitches should be banned" for no real reason?

Lassie who presents BT Sport's effort on a Saturday is an absolute wid and a half by the way. Only thing that makes it even vaguely watchable.

Jules Breach I think is her name

On 26/10/2019 at 17:00, Jarballs said:

Did anyone catch Chris Sutton there on BT Sport's answer to Sky's Soccer Saturday absolutely seething about how "plastic pitches should be banned" for no real reason?

Strachan was putting the boot into plastic pitches too.

Quite rightly imo

• 2 months later...

I notice that after Sunday playing at Tannadice , Hibs have now two players out with long term knee injuries. If it had happened on 4G I can guess the media’s reporting. The reality though is that it happened on grass so that doesn’t fit into the media’s agenda. I watched the game and the surface looked shocking but no mention of that regarding the players injuries. 

Does boot choice make a difference regarding injuries ie FG or AG boots, most players I see on 4G seem to go with FG boots rather than AG.

Not that you see them normally at that high a level but I think Copa's would be the worst though, rubber on rubber.

19 minutes ago, CO2001 said:

Does boot choice make a difference regarding injuries ie FG or AG boots, most players I see on 4G seem to go with FG boots rather than AG.

Not that you see them normally at that high a level but I think Copa's would be the worst though, rubber on rubber.

It's bladed studs that cause you damage on the 4g stuff. 

3 hours ago, the west curve said:

I notice that after Sunday playing at Tannadice , Hibs have now two players out with long term knee injuries. If it had happened on 4G I can guess the media’s reporting. The reality though is that it happened on grass so that doesn’t fit into the media’s agenda. I watched the game and the surface looked shocking but no mention of that regarding the players injuries. 

Excellent post, and sums up the situation perfectly in my view. Whenever there is an injury on an artificial surface, we never hear the end of it, but injuries on grass pitches get no such comments.

The amount of players getting long term injuries now on grass pitches is frightening. Why are the media not reporting this? Wait till a player gets injured on a 4G pitch and the media will have a field day laying the blame. 

There's an amateur grass pitch that's resulted in five potentially season ending injuries that have been non-contact induced this season. Is it actually the pitch,
Given the mild conditions this season, the pitches have been generally soft as shite.

Personally, I suspect it's more likely down to players susceptibility to injury than the pitch itself and that particular pitches stats are just an aberration.