Artificial Pitches. . . .Need to go!

7 hours ago, the west curve said:
On 14/08/2019 at 15:57, jaybeee said:

This is an absolutely valid point and I agree and support it wholeheartedly..................... but NOT in the premier league, makes us look like a bunch of amateurs.

The Bundesliga in Germany are considering a move to have all clubs playing on the same artificial surfaces. Not moving with technology is what is amateurish. 

It's an opinion, no more nor less valid than my own.

• 2 weeks later...
The Bundesliga in Germany are considering a move to have all clubs playing on the same artificial surfaces. Not moving with technology is what is amateurish. 

I was interested to learn more so I googled it

I couldn’t find anything but I did see articles about the German FA and Olympic committee’s reaction to new EU environmental regulations on micro plastics that would make certain Artificial Pitch Technologies illegal. They’re asking for a transition period to get existing artificial pitches in Germany up to scratch.

Could it be that you’ve confused the DFB with the Bundesliga and misread a move to get all artificial pitches to use the same technology with a move to get all pitches to use the same artificial technology?

It’s certainly the kind of mistake I’d make if I was reading something in German

Here’s an industry report (in English thankfully)

https://chemicalwatch.com/77732/top-german-sports-associations-call-for-artificial-turf-ban-transition

Keaghan Jacobs, Scott Robinson, and Jack Stobbs all went off injured on County's grass pitch yesterday, and Lyndon Dykes was limping at the end too, if that was a plastic pitch they were playing on it would be all over the media and twitter, fucking grass pitches though, get them to f**k.

Prob why we didn't play Souda yesterday, he's too technically gifted to risk him being injured on grass.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

13 minutes ago, kennysmassiveego said:

What a pussy McKenna is , Greg Taylor has been playing on it for years and his pre match hamstring injury was only a “slight “ one ;) 

Apparently if you play on them all the time it doesn't affect your players for injuries, it's only players used to playing on grass that get injured by having to play on plastic.

Oh and anyone injured on grass doesn't count, these things just happen.

• 3 weeks later...

Once again a player gets injured playing on grass and no mention is made about the surface. Ryan Kent pulled his hamstring on the Ibrox turf and no one blames the pitch. Had it happened on an artificial surface you can be sure the media and slippy would have alluded to the surface and put the blame on it. All to often now players are getting injured playing on these spongy grass pitches and the media fail to condemn the surface. The time surely must come when folk realise that 4G pitches are the safest.

58 minutes ago, the west curve said:

Once again a player gets injured playing on grass and no mention is made about the surface. Ryan Kent pulled his hamstring on the Ibrox turf and no one blames the pitch. Had it happened on an artificial surface you can be sure the media and slippy would have alluded to the surface and put the blame on it. All to often now players are getting injured playing on these spongy grass pitches and the media fail to condemn the surface. The time surely must come when folk realise that 4G pitches are the safest.

I think that this sums up the situation pretty well. They even play rugby on them now! Won't be able to prove this as I won't be here (!), but I reckon that in about 30 years max, most if not all football matches will be played on artificial surfaces, and folk will look back in disbelief that grass pitches were ever used, and that games could be cancelled because of rain.