Artificial Pitches. . . .Need to go!

16 minutes ago, jinky said:

Havent seen anything on here that conclusively "proves that its a pile of shite"...anyway let you stick to the subjective and opinionated " never having seen a good game on it"

You didn't even look at those links on the previous page did you ?

Meanwhile, you've been asked repeatedly for sources about your own claims ...

7 minutes ago, jinky said:

38 players diagnosed with cancer in Washington and of those 34 were goalkeepers...

that was looked into by Washington state public health officials in the link i posted earlier.  Also there are over 128000 player under the age of 19 in Washington state and the percentage of footballers with cancer is less than the percentage of the general population with cancer. 

38 players diagnosed with cancer in Washington and of those 34 were goalkeepers...

Same poor science and newspaper reporting that has resulted in measles outbreaks due to falsely claimed links between MMR jabs and autism.
Completely disproved and still it gets peddled as fact.

2 hours ago, mart1 said:
2 hours ago, craigkillie said:
And Killie have finished 5th and 3rd in the last two seasons while Motherwell have finished 7th and 8th, so it's clear who have "managed the cash" better.

Fair point. Well played. What would you prefer though?

I'd prefer 5th and 3rd to 7th and 8th.

3 hours ago, Accies1 said:

Yes, we get the advantage of pissing off every other team in Scotland.

The seethe is what gets us through the season.

back in the days of Meadowbank Thistle teams used to blame playing at an athletics stadium for their defeats by the pride of London Road. 

And the Commonwealth Stadium/concrete lavvy pan actually had a f*cking grass pitch! 

I rather like the Accies sticking it to the rest every season. Keep it up. 

5 hours ago, CountyFan said:

They do. The presence of it also drastically reduces the cost of a separate training facility which becomes redundant if you have a pitch in the main stadium that the first team can train on. 

If there were 'no real benefits' to these pitches then clubs wouldn't install them. 

I do take your point but if we want to be regarded as a 'proper footballing nation' they have to go. Football should be played on grass, not plastic or a combination of plastic and grass, but grass. 

4 hours ago, ATLIS said:
5 hours ago, mart1 said:
5 hours ago, CountyFan said:
Not this shite again. 
These pitches are the lifeblood of numerous teams who rent them out  train on them and generally profit from them on every day, not just saturday. If you don't understand why they are necessary in 2019 then you don't understand modern football. 

Do Kilmarnock, Hamilton and Livingston rent them out? Is it really professional approach?

Our pitch is owned by the West Lothian Youth Foundation and is used for a lot of things within the local community. It is used for our 1st team and reserve team training, 1st team and reserve games too. It's used by a number of local teams too. After our game against Berwick Rangers there was an amateur game on an hour after the final whistle. Not only is it great and a sustainable option for Livingston, it's a huge benefit to the local community too.

We don't live in a fantasy money land, the alternative of grass isn't just that. With grass comes 3-5 cancelled games a season, which you'd be the first to moan about, our alternative is not just to hire groundsmen (which we can barely afford). To further hammer it home, it's not even our choice, we don't own the stadium and we certainly don't have training facilities beyond the stadium. So if Celtic want to so graciously stump up the money, I'm sure Livingston will be 100% happy to put down a grass pitch if all other costs are met as well. Shouldn't be too much to find each season for a club about to sell a player for 25m, incidentally more than Livingston has turned over in every year of our existence (1995) combined. 

Another very valid argument and well put, I wish I had an answer, I can see financially it makes sense, one solution would be to have a grass pitch for league games and a plastic one for 'other uses' the crux of coarse being the cost and some on-going maintenance for the grass pitch.  I just think league games should be on grass and everybody playing on the same type of surface.  

2 hours ago, jaybeee said:

Another very valid argument and well put, I wish I had an answer, I can see financially it makes sense, one solution would be to have a grass pitch for league games and a plastic one for 'other uses' the crux of coarse being the cost and some on-going maintenance for the grass pitch.  I just think league games should be on grass and everybody playing on the same type of surface.  

Yeah and every tea should get the same budget to make it an even playing field too.

Fair point. Well played. What would you prefer though?

Would a killie fan prefer success on artificial surface vs struggling on grass pitch? Is that a genuine question?

How can it be the best when it, in every way apart from coloured balls, is the same pitch. The exact same pitch, the same materials, the same company installing it. Literally makes no sense

Artificial pitches need maintenance and can be manipulated the same a grass pitches.

Just as you can grow grass long, not repair divots etc, if you want a robust approach(or the opposite if you are trying to use your passing game) there’s a shit load of stories throughout history about this, teams who liked playing the ball into the channels leave grass around the corner flags longer than elsewhere to slow it up in those areas. We’ve seen keepers mess up six yard boxes and penalty spots for generations. It’s completely unsurprisingly to see artificial pitches that ‘ are the exact same’ end up playing different. More pellets laid, pitch allowed to go dry or deliberately heavily watered to benefit passing etc