Artificial Pitches. . . .Need to go!

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

Hamilton's isn't that bad tbf, the other two are terrible tho.

It's the exact same pitch as Livi's. Same company, same everything with Hamilton having green balls instead of black. You're an imbecile. 

Just now, ATLIS said:

It's the exact same pitch as Livi's. Same company, same everything with Hamilton having green balls instead of black. You're an imbecile. 

Stop lashing out, it does you no favours.

Hamilton's pitch is the best of the three, it looks better and players seem to be able to play better on it.

Just now, bennett said:

Hamilton's pitch is the best of the three, it looks better and players seem to be able to play better on it.

How can it be the best when it, in every way apart from coloured balls, is the same pitch. The exact same pitch, the same materials, the same company installing it. Literally makes no sense

Our pitch is owned by the West Lothian Youth Foundation and is used for a lot of things within the local community. It is used for our 1st team and reserve team training, 1st team and reserve games too. It's used by a number of local teams too. After our game against Berwick Rangers there was an amateur game on an hour after the final whistle. Not only is it great and a sustainable option for Livingston, it's a huge benefit to the local community too.

We don't live in a fantasy money land, the alternative of grass isn't just that. With grass comes 3-5 cancelled games a season, which you'd be the first to moan about, our alternative is not just to hire groundsmen (which we can barely afford). To further hammer it home, it's not even our choice, we don't own the stadium and we certainly don't have training facilities beyond the stadium. So if Celtic want to so graciously stump up the money, I'm sure Livingston will be 100% happy to put down a grass pitch if all other costs are met as well. Shouldn't be too much to find each season for a club about to sell a player for 25m, incidentally more than Livingston has turned over in every year of our existence (1995) combined. 

I totally appreciate what it does for the community and how it supports. However the flow of a "professional game" is haltered by the fact the SPFL authorities allow it. The fact they allow to promote this on a national level (Sky TV - Killie v Rangers ) is embarrassing. On a different note. . . .if Celtic want to fund it, fair play. How much is it to fit a plastic pitch in comparison to employing someone to install a proper pitch and look after it. . . .

9 minutes ago, jinky said:

Well sorry mate to disappoint but were you at the centre of the studies carried out in Europe??...

Could you provide links to these studies that have concluded that plastic pitches cause cancer please.

1 minute ago, mart1 said:
19 minutes ago, ATLIS said:
Our pitch is owned by the West Lothian Youth Foundation and is used for a lot of things within the local community. It is used for our 1st team and reserve team training, 1st team and reserve games too. It's used by a number of local teams too. After our game against Berwick Rangers there was an amateur game on an hour after the final whistle. Not only is it great and a sustainable option for Livingston, it's a huge benefit to the local community too.

We don't live in a fantasy money land, the alternative of grass isn't just that. With grass comes 3-5 cancelled games a season, which you'd be the first to moan about, our alternative is not just to hire groundsmen (which we can barely afford). To further hammer it home, it's not even our choice, we don't own the stadium and we certainly don't have training facilities beyond the stadium. So if Celtic want to so graciously stump up the money, I'm sure Livingston will be 100% happy to put down a grass pitch if all other costs are met as well. Shouldn't be too much to find each season for a club about to sell a player for 25m, incidentally more than Livingston has turned over in every year of our existence (1995) combined. 

I totally appreciate what it does for the community and how it supports. However the flow of a "professional game" is haltered by the fact the SPFL authorities allow it. The fact they allow to promote this on a national level (Sky TV - Killie v Rangers ) is embarrassing. On a different note. . . .if Celtic want to find it, fair play. How much is it to fit a plastic pitch in comparison to employing someone to install a proper pitch and look after it. . . .

I wont lie, I've watched us play away at Falkirk, at home on our plastic, away to Hamilton, and away to numerous teams on grass. I genuinely think it makes very little difference, about as much as the length of the grass and how often it's watered does to a game. I've not noticed more injuries at all either. I think honestly people just want to have a moan for the sake of it.

The upkeep of the pitch is now tasked to WLYF instead of us so the cost is completely absolved but afaik it's pretty easy to keep the pitch good for 5-10 years before replacing it. 

Players play better on it because they're playing against Hamilton.

7 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Could you provide links to these studies that have concluded that plastic pitches cause cancer please.

not all studies have been fully disclosed due to some of the personal content but nonetheless there are major concerns and until there is conclusive evidence on their safety we should be very wary...

45 minutes ago, jinky said:

What also scares me is that there were some serious studies carried out a few years ago about how toxic these pitches are...hydrocarbons, mercury ,lead and all sorts of other chemicals which give rise to cancer?!...why are we allowing our youths to be exposed to these elements??..oh, yes commercial viability should always be ahead of health?!!

The ECHA say the risks are very low  

An investigation by  Washington state public health officials found no link between artificial turf and cancer.

15 minutes ago, jinky said:

not all studies have been fully disclosed due to some of the personal content but nonetheless there are major concerns and until there is conclusive evidence on their safety we should be very wary...

5 minutes ago, ajwffc said:

An investigation by  Washington state public health officials found no link between artificial turf and cancer.

It's a nightmare when your concern trolling gets proven to be an absolute pile of shite within the space of 10 minutes.

Stick to the 'I've never seen a good game on it' stuff.

9 minutes ago, ajwffc said:

Peculiar that hundreds of cancer cases in the US have been linked to the toxic rubber crumbs...surely there must be safer alternatives?

6 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

It's a nightmare when your concern trolling gets proven to be an absolute pile of shite within the space of 10 minutes.

Stick to the 'I've never seen a good game on it' stuff.

Havent seen anything on here that conclusively "proves that its a pile of shite"...anyway let you stick to the subjective and opinionated " never having seen a good game on it"