Artificial Pitches. . . .Need to go!

Killie don’t rent out our pitch, but we train on it as do all the youth teams, which saves us a fortune. To people who say they’ve never seen a good game on one, you talk pish! I go to rugby park every home game and you don’t notice any difference.

Killie don’t rent out our pitch, but we train on it as do all the youth teams, which saves us a fortune. To people who say they’ve never seen a good game on one, you talk pish! I go to rugby park every home game and you don’t notice any difference.
Cheers for clearing the renting out part. You can notice a difference. However your average attendance is 6k. Motherwell very similar and they have one of the best pitches in the league. . . . It's how your team's hierarchy manage the cash. I do not believe in this day of age that "Professional Football" teams find the need to install an artificial pitch.

What also scares me is that there were some serious studies carried out a few years ago about how toxic these pitches are...hydrocarbons, mercury ,lead and all sorts of other chemicals which give rise to cancer?!...why are we allowing our youths to be exposed to these elements??..oh, yes commercial viability should always be ahead of health?!!

28 minutes ago, mart1 said:
37 minutes ago, the west curve said:
Every club should have one and one of the highest quality. Some grass pitches are not up to standard and are dangerous as they cause more injuries. We need to move with the times. Some parks have a mixture of grass and plastic which is madness.

Nonsense. . . .Employ a decent groundsman. Would never happen in the English premiership.

Look at Celtic Park for example. Part plastic and a bigger part grass. The injuries Celtic get seem to be proportionately high on it. German clubs are considering a proposal for all clubs to have them.

And Killie have finished 5th and 3rd in the last two seasons while Motherwell have finished 7th and 8th, so it's clear who have "managed the cash" better.
Fair point. Well played. What would you prefer though?

16 minutes ago, mart1 said:
22 minutes ago, jinky said:
The powers that run our game are quick to introduce all sorts of bizarre criteria and seem to have over looked one of the fundamentals...the feckn pitch!!!

Spot on

The powers that run our game need to start deducting points for secretarian singing and banners by certain clubs fans. No wonder we can’t get big tv deals with all that crap on show. 

28 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

They do. The presence of it also drastically reduces the cost of a separate training facility which becomes redundant if you have a pitch in the main stadium that the first team can train on. 

If there were 'no real benefits' to these pitches then clubs wouldn't install them. 

No we don't rent it out.

16 minutes ago, mart1 said:
19 minutes ago, olliethedug said:

Cheers for clearing the renting out part. You can notice a difference. However your average attendance is 6k. Motherwell very similar and they have one of the best pitches in the league. . . . It's how your team's hierarchy manage the cash. I do not believe in this day of age that "Professional Football" teams find the need to install an artificial pitch.

There is no difference to the quality of the game. As has been stated many times before you guys had nothing to say about the artificial surface when you were beating us on it.

40 minutes ago, mart1 said:
41 minutes ago, CountyFan said:
Not this shite again. 
These pitches are the lifeblood of numerous teams who rent them out  train on them and generally profit from them on every day, not just saturday. If you don't understand why they are necessary in 2019 then you don't understand modern football. 

Do Kilmarnock, Hamilton and Livingston rent them out? Is it really professional approach?

Our pitch is owned by the West Lothian Youth Foundation and is used for a lot of things within the local community. It is used for our 1st team and reserve team training, 1st team and reserve games too. It's used by a number of local teams too. After our game against Berwick Rangers there was an amateur game on an hour after the final whistle. Not only is it great and a sustainable option for Livingston, it's a huge benefit to the local community too.

We don't live in a fantasy money land, the alternative of grass isn't just that. With grass comes 3-5 cancelled games a season, which you'd be the first to moan about, our alternative is not just to hire groundsmen (which we can barely afford). To further hammer it home, it's not even our choice, we don't own the stadium and we certainly don't have training facilities beyond the stadium. So if Celtic want to so graciously stump up the money, I'm sure Livingston will be 100% happy to put down a grass pitch if all other costs are met as well. Shouldn't be too much to find each season for a club about to sell a player for 25m, incidentally more than Livingston has turned over in every year of our existence (1995) combined. 

I’m not a huge fan of plastic pitches, but over several years, I’ve seen good games on whatever hybrid type pitch they had at Falkirk. I went to a lot of Falkirk v St Mirren games and always came away talking purely about the match. Cannot say the same for some other plastic pitches.

15 minutes ago, jinky said:

What also scares me is that there were some serious studies carried out a few years ago about how toxic these pitches are...hydrocarbons, mercury ,lead and all sorts of other chemicals which give rise to cancer?!...why are we allowing our youths to be exposed to these elements??..oh, yes commercial viability should always be ahead of health?!!

I work in a cancer hospital and I can confirm you're talking absolute pish. 

1 hour ago, mart1 said:

Why in this day of age are the powers to be allowing clubs to install artificial pitches in the Scottish Professional Football League. . . . Professional football. Are there any real benefits to this within Kilmarnock, Livingston and Hamilton?

Hamilton's isn't that bad tbf, the other two are terrible tho.

28 minutes ago, olliethedug said:

There was a lot of talk last season that the Killie players and staff wanted rid of it and a grass pitch for this season.