Round 1 of 2 of the El Plastico Derby- Accies v Killie

Get it right up you. Watch all the glory hunters disappear again now that you’re bottom 6 dross like us.
Hunting the glory of a top three finish? Mmm. Know what you mean though. I'm glad we're pish again in a way. I miissed the angina inducing relegation struggle last year. A play off next may against our southern bumpkin cousins would bring on a full scale coronary. Happy days.

Obviously a very different side from the Clarke days (in terms of tactics/attitude anyway) but they'll be nowhere near danger this season. Some quality players in that squad.

Disagree. It’s mostly the same players who were shite under McCulloch who then played out their skins under a great manager in Clark who’ll now be back to shite under Alessio.

Get it right up you. Watch all the glory hunters disappear again now that you’re bottom 6 dross like us.

Only a few seasons ago Killie brought a few hundred to NDP ok a regular basis. The plastics will be away soon and normality will resume.

That reminded me of a Canning win in 17/18: not very good but had a quality player in attack (was Temps, now Smith) and Gogic's performance was reminiscent of a good Sarris one. 

We were incredibly sloppy in possession (a midfield of Gogic and MacKinnon isn't going to hold the ball) and most of the bursts forward came from Alston or Cunningham latching onto a slack Killie pass. Millar and Taylor were causing McGowan and Smith a lot of issues, but thankfully they never had enough bodies in the box or the quality to find them. Dicker and Power are two of my favourite players in the league, Power especially, however they just don't have a Mulumbu or Stewart ahead of/alongside them anymore who will turn territory into goals or even chances. 

Accies' last-ditch defending was pretty admirable for most of the game and the two CBs and McMann did well. Stubbs had a good debut, although I don't think we'll be asking him to do anymore than defend - he's certainly not a passer like Kilgallon. 

Smith's finish was absolutely delightful and he could've had a couple more in the first half. His passing is better than any of the midfielders. 

With Easton getting sent off so early into the second half (looked like a crazy challenge to me), it was simply backs-to-the-wall, which they did well. The goal was a bit of a shiter and I did think we could've had a penalty before the red. Rice adapted to the red really well and the team didn't give Kilmarnock a sniff. 

I'm not getting too excited; that was third season in a row we've won our second game and we've been shite in all of those campaigns. 

Agree with that we were still bang average but killie were horrendous and we would’ve got a third without the red. I think some of the blame lies with McGowan who was not positioned well but Eastons challenge was a pish. Stubbs was better than what we’ve been used to so far, but Smith was fantastic.

7 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Good support through from Killie. Just less of the songs about paedophiles and 'black b*****ds' please.

It's mental how folk try and justify this an "Ayrshire thing", like it makes sense that one small pocket of Scotland is still blissfully unaware of the racial connotations about 150 years after the rest of the world.

BYE BYE KILLIE.

Hahahahahaahahha imagine losing to the worst full time team in Scotland.

Lewis Smith going to be a massive player for us this season.

Now time for progression in the cup. 

Setting off on the long journey to Kilmarnock tomorrow. 

It's mental how folk try and justify this an "Ayrshire thing", like it makes sense that one small pocket of Scotland is still blissfully unaware of the racial connotations about 150 years after the rest of the world.

Think the song is more to do with Ayr united being mocket rather than the colour of their skin

1 minute ago, Talbot supporter said:

Think the song is more to do with Ayr united being mocket rather than the colour of their skin

Yes but the rest of Scotland/UK knows that the term may be offensive to people who are black so have moved on from using the term.