Scotland's Shame

14 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
19 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:
Laugh all you like, but the truth hurts.
Two European finals and two riots.
Celtic, Aberdeen and Dundee United have all managed to get to the final and the fans of them all were widely praised for their contribution to the occasion.....even the 5 million fans who went to Seville.
Hold all that. Sevco haven't actually reached any European finals.

I believe Kincy is following his club's example by pointing out the error in that they have been to 3 European Finals rather than addressing the fact that their fans were incapable of acting like normal human beings on two of those occasions. Always look for someone elses error & fixate on that rather than own up to any shortcomings on your part.

10 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

mistake corrected. Dont want to upset him further.

A wee bit more than 3!

1961 ECWC

1967 ECWC

1972 ECWC

1972 Super Cup

2008 Uefa Cup Final

And no, not big team found, just putting this up to prevent the gin-laden clown going on about diddies all f'n night!

Glasgow Rangers have proudly contested 4  European finals. The first two saw fantastic behaviour from their fans while in the 1971 Cup Winners Cup final they were continually harassed by Franco's fascist forces, many believing that the Catholic Spaniards were going all out to provoke the Rangers fans.

When some Gers fans fought back, they were said to have rioted although this was a tiny  minority of the support. Manchester saw some problems too although the events that night were much exaggerated and those in the know believe that some Chelsea fans were to blame for any of the trouble witnessed.

The good name of Rangers FC is heralded across the planet by football fans without agendas, unlike certain other clubs based in the  city of Glasgow.

PS. If anyone from Rangers is reading this, please feel to get in touch if Jabba is unable to write a statement. I am equally capable of churning out pish to gullible fans and would be prepared to undercut the fat man.

37 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
42 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:
Laugh all you like, but the truth hurts.
Two European finals and two riots.
Celtic, Aberdeen and Dundee United have all managed to get to the final and the fans of them all were widely praised for their contribution to the occasion.....even the 5 million fans who went to Seville.
Hold all that. Sevco haven't actually reached any European finals.

I believe Kincy is following his club's example by pointing out the error in that they have been to 3 European Finals rather than addressing the fact that their fans were incapable of acting like normal human beings on two of those occasions. Always look for someone elses error & fixate on that rather than own up to any shortcomings on your part.

Close.  I'd have accepted either of:

"Rangers have been in four European finals and in one of those the game ended in rioting.  In 2008 there were clashes with police away from the game" or:
"Rangers have played five games in European finals and in one of those the game ended in rioting.  In 2008 there were clashes with police away from the game"

If you want to build an argument then get the premise right otherwise your case is laughable.  Still, those pitch forks don't sharpen themselves so no time for fact-checking.

Edit to agree with @Moomintroll I didn't include the Super Cup.

Edited by The_Kincardine

Guest Moomintroll
"Rangers have been in four European finals and in one of those the game ended in rioting.  In 2008 there were clashes with police away from the game" or:
"Rangers have played five games in European finals and in one of those the game ended in rioting.  In 2008 there were clashes with police away from the game"
If you want to build an argument then get the premise right otherwise your case is laughable.  Still, those pitch forks don't sharpen themselves so no time for fact-checking.
Edit to agree with [mention=72852]Moomintroll[/mention] I didn't include the Super Cup.

I covered that by my deliberate choice of words, my Quality Control elsewhere was not acceptable however & I have scheduled a disciplinary meeting with myself in 48 hours to discuss these shortcomings.

12 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
21 minutes ago, German Jag said:
A wee bit more than 3!
1961 ECWC
1967 ECWC
1972 ECWC
1972 Super Cup
2008 Uefa Cup Final
And no, not big team found, just putting this up to prevent the gin-laden clown going on about diddies all f'n night!

Whoops forget about 1961, I don't count the Super Cup as it is a glorified friendly.

Image result for kenneth williams

6 hours ago, Romeo said:

I'll be using this thread to award the "Maude Flanders, won't someone think of the children" trophy for the season 2019-2020.

Some excellent candidates so far.

Imitation is a form of flattery I suppose....

3 hours ago, Mr Pikey said:

The fact that the shite they spout at each other needs it's own sub section to keep it away from the rest of us tells you all you need to know.  Two sets of smelly flies feeding of a big sectarian shite.

Most of the posters in that section aren't old firm fans tho....

29 minutes ago, LeeVanTeeth said:

Glasgow Rangers have proudly contested 4  European finals. The first two saw fantastic behaviour from their fans while in the 1971 Cup Winners Cup final they were continually harassed by Franco's fascist forces, many believing that the Catholic Spaniards were going all out to provoke the Rangers fans.

When some Gers fans fought back, they were said to have rioted although this was a tiny  minority of the support. Manchester saw some problems too although the events that night were much exaggerated and those in the know believe that some Chelsea fans were to blame for any of the trouble witnessed.

The good name of Rangers FC is heralded across the planet by football fans without agendas, unlike certain other clubs based in the  city of Glasgow.

PS. If anyone from Rangers is reading this, please feel to get in touch if Jabba is unable to write a statement. I am equally capable of churning out pish to gullible fans and would be prepared to undercut the fat man.

Chelsea fans. Fantastic.

I’m trapped outside Rugby Park, but thanks to the internet, and Google Maps, I have plotted a route back to Cumbernauld. Fortunately it doesn’t involve going through Paisley, so there’s no danger I may also become trapped outside the Simple Digital Arena. If I did, with any luck, the Buddie Good Food van would still be open. A burger with fried onions would keep my spirits up until International Rescue got to me. Wish me luck, tell my family I love them.

BA3C5A59-F137-4504-B67E-763E925EF898.jpeg

Edited by pozbaird

On 04/08/2019 at 20:53, The Other Foot said:

I’m very curious about the red dot, Antony. In my experience, most Irishmen don’t know revel songs, mockingly suggest that they wouldn’t vote for a united Ireland and increasingly ignore Celtic in favour of English teams. Where’s your issue?

Couldn't make much sense of that at all sorry, don't know if its just my old age haha. I haven't lived in Ireland in over 20 years but I don't know any Irishmen that wouldn't vote for unity or wouldn't know a rebel song. Yes there are plenty of Irish people who only see Celtic as a second team or a sympathy these days. 

57 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
1 hour ago, German Jag said:
A wee bit more than 3!
1961 ECWC
1967 ECWC
1972 ECWC
1972 Super Cup
2008 Uefa Cup Final

Whoops forget about 1961, I don't count the Super Cup as it is a glorified friendly.

It's a bona fide high status proper trophy and its winners are entitled to a star on their badge. 

55 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Edit to agree with @Moomintroll I didn't include the Super Cup.

f**k it. I'm not changing my post again.

I dont care how many times they have played in finals,- my point stands

-past two finals = two riots, Scotlands Shame.

"Celtic, Aberdeen and Dundee United have all managed to get to the final and the fans of them all were widely praised for their contribution to the occasion.....even the 5 million fans who went to Seville.

Hold all that. Sevco haven't actually reached any European finals."

17 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I hear that there is an allegation of sectarian and misogynist abuse directed at the Rangers woman's team by the 'green brigade' at the recent womans old firm derby.

Some desperate whatabouttery had to be dug up from somewhere after the zombie Attila's shame game at Rugby Park.