Scotland's Shame

1 minute ago, Romeo said:

I'll be using this thread to award the 2019 "Maude Flanders, won't someone think of the children" award for the season 2019-2020.

Some excellent candidates so far.

Happy to be nominated for that.  I'd like to know why you would suggest thinking of our children, or disabled for that matter, is worthy of contempt? 

I've seen crying, injured kids carried out of McDairmid as a direct result of the behaviour of both Celtic and Rangers fans. No other clubs. That's why I won't take my son to OF games home or away. I've seen primary school kids singing the hate-filled songs. What sort of way is that to bring up our next generation? Why is this even remotely acceptable in 2019? 

I'm not arguing that the world should be sanitised or that folk need to be wrapped in cotton wool, but people who think that wanting to live in a society that doesn't actively foster violence, hatred and a generally toxic atmosphere around a sport are somehow 'snowflakes' are somewhat lacking in emotional maturity. 

Just look at the USA right now to see the effects when people are only able to feel self worth by defining themselves in opposition to other communities. 

No wonder I laugh at the diddies when this is the pish they come out with.

Thank you for your input. Enjoy your laugh.
I suspect pretty much everyone on here, barring other Sevco Neanderthals, think you are a bigoted roaster who loves the sound of his own keyboard and couldn’t give a shiny shite about your ‘opinions’.
But crack on anyway.........

4 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Happy to be nominated for that.  I'd like to know why you would suggest thinking of our children, or disabled for that matter, is worthy of contempt? 

I've seen crying, injured kids carried out of McDairmid as a direct result of the behaviour of both Celtic and Rangers fans. No other clubs. That's why I won't take my son to OF games home or away. I've seen primary school kids singing the hate-filled songs. What sort of way is that to bring up our next generation? Why is this even remotely acceptable in 2019? 

I'm not arguing that the world should be sanitised or that folk need to be wrapped in cotton wool, but people who think that wanting to live in a society that doesn't actively foster violence, hatred and a generally toxic atmosphere around a sport are somehow 'snowflakes' are somewhat lacking in emotional maturity. 

Just look at the USA right now to see the effects when people are only able to feel self worth by defining themselves in opposition to other communities. 

Belter mate, that's the kind of right on, definitely not getting carried away and exaggerating type of post we need for this years award.

eta..that post is perfect for facebook, get it on there.

Edited by Romeo

46 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

I suspect pretty much everyone on here, barring other Sevco Neanderthals, think you are a bigoted roaster who loves the sound of his own keyboard and couldn’t give a shiny shite about your ‘opinions’.

If the OP wanted his wee tirade against Rangers yet made two errors in the first sentence he deserves to be laughed at so spare me your bumptious lecture.

1 hour ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

That's not 100% correct actually...you missed out alcoholic before bigoted roaster.

2 hours ago, Romeo said:

I'll be using this thread to award the "Maude Flanders, won't someone think of the children" trophy for the season 2019-2020.

Some excellent candidates so far.

Helen Lovejoy.

Your terrorist sympathies are one thing, but stop getting the Simpsons wrong into the bargain FFS.

On a side topic, it's nice when one half of the OF utterly embarrass themselves - as it's one of the few times that both halves actually join together in a semblance of community.  Maybe when one of their opposite number's wee toerags eventually kills himself at a game the other half will tweet a picture of him or something.

4 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Helen Lovejoy.

Your terrorist sympathies are one thing, but stop getting the Simpsons wrong into the bargain FFS.

On a side topic, it's nice when one half of the OF utterly embarrass themselves - as it's one of the few times that both halves actually join together in a semblance of community.  Maybe when one of their opposite number's wee toerags eventually kills himself at a game the other half will tweet a picture of him or something.

Not good enough for 1st place, but you should be up there given your past minters.

1st place not beyond you though, bit more effort needed.

34 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Not good enough for 1st place, but you should be up there given your past minters.

1st place not beyond you though, bit more effort needed.

Don't try and deflect from your error Romeo.

7 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

No wonder I laugh at the diddies when this is the pish they come out with.

Laugh all you like, but the truth hurts.

Three European finals and two riots.

Celtic, Aberdeen and Dundee United have all managed to get to the final and the fans of them all were widely praised for their contribution to the occasion.....even the 5 million fans who went to Seville.

Hold all that. Sevco haven't actually reached any European finals.

Edited by Hawkeye the Gnu

Guest Moomintroll
Laugh all you like, but the truth hurts.
Two European finals and two riots.
Celtic, Aberdeen and Dundee United have all managed to get to the final and the fans of them all were widely praised for their contribution to the occasion.....even the 5 million fans who went to Seville.
Hold all that. Sevco haven't actually reached any European finals.
I believe Kincy is following his club's example by pointing out the error in that they have been to 3 European Finals rather than addressing the fact that their fans were incapable of acting like normal human beings on two of those occasions. Always look for someone elses error & fixate on that rather than own up to any shortcomings on your part.