Sign in to follow this  
deadasdillinger

Scotland's Shame

3 minutes ago, gannonball said:

As terrible as it was what can the police actually charge you with? Hopefully sends a message out to others who do this shit.

They usually go for disturbing the peace if you haven't committed an actual crime. 

11 minutes ago, gannonball said:

As terrible as it was what can the police actually charge you with? Hopefully sends a message out to others who do this shit.

Conduct/behaviour liable to lead to a breach of the peace?

45 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Billy Dodds came back to Pittodrie with a Diddy club of historical interest only shortly after his Sister had died in a crash. A fully grown man in the lower dick stood up and shouted "hey Dodds, I dug up your sister and shagged her". He was roundly shouted down by everyone nearby and physically shoved back in his seat. 

That's horrific!!  Did you ever see him there again?

I take it the Celtic supporters pages on Facebook are going to issue a full apology to the poor guy who was getting death threats on his page last night after being wrongly identified then?

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

I take it the Celtic supporters pages on Facebook are going to issue a full apology to the poor guy who was getting death threats on his page last night after being wrongly identified then?

probably not.

Trial by facebook.. sure what could go wrong 

Well if you have something like 30 thousand plus followers of a page then surely you have a duty of care to not to go naming and shaming people in such a manner anyway even if he was guilty. He could easily have had his head kicked in or his house burnt down for a case of mistaken identity.

3 hours ago, throbber said:

Well if you have something like 30 thousand plus followers of a page then surely you have a duty of care to not to go naming and shaming people in such a manner anyway even if he was guilty. He could easily have had his head kicked in or his house burnt down for a case of mistaken identity.

I'm not sure who you are referring too.  I was just saying he seemed to get it tight and wrongly so from social media .. a breeding ground for morons

Edited by Bohemian

That's one of the main issues with Facebook vigilantes...they usually get the wrong person.   Guaranteed that despite a completely different individual being charged yer auld aunty will still share this guys picture in about three years time. 

32 minutes ago, throbber said:

He could easily have had his head kicked in or his house burnt down for a case of mistaken identity.

Or nothing could happen.

I'm not sure who you are referring too.  I was just saying he seemed to get it tight and wrongly so from social media .. a breathing ground for morons

I know it’s a breathing ground for morons but if you run a page that has 30k followers then you should be more responsible than to share the picture and name of a guy and accuse him of such a heinous act and if you get it wrong you should be accountable for it and the page should be shut down. I only saw the video of Brown at about 8 pm last night because a Celtic fan i’m friends with shared it and it was from a page called Glasgow Celtic Champions and then within an hour the page was revealing the guys identity and his Facebook was being bombarded after he posted saying that it wasn’t him and that he was nowhere near the incident and that he was with his pregnant gf , they were expecting a daughter in a few months and that he’d never say such a thing. I know it’s not specific to the old firm but this internet vigilante nonsense is absolutely horrible and a page with that many followers shouldn’t be allowed to share anyone’s identity in such a case, even if they were 100% sure it was him they still shouldn’t be naming and shaming anyone.

55 minutes ago, throbber said:

I know it’s a breathing ground for morons but if you run a page that has 30k followers then you should be more responsible than to share the picture and name of a guy and accuse him of such a heinous act and if you get it wrong you should be accountable for it and the page should be shut down. I only saw the video of Brown at about 8 pm last night because a Celtic fan i’m friends with shared it and it was from a page called Glasgow Celtic Champions and then within an hour the page was revealing the guys identity and his Facebook was being bombarded after he posted saying that it wasn’t him and that he was nowhere near the incident and that he was with his pregnant gf , they were expecting a daughter in a few months and that he’d never say such a thing. I know it’s not specific to the old firm but this internet vigilante nonsense is absolutely horrible and a page with that many followers shouldn’t be allowed to share anyone’s identity in such a case, even if they were 100% sure it was him they still shouldn’t be naming and shaming anyone.

I totally agree with you mate.. people put 2+ 2 together and came out with 7 but as you say it's not unusual for it to happen on social media where it gives a platform for morons to be morons. There was also fairly popular rangers supporters page that had his name published not to mention one of the red tops. I think he was blamed because he originally posted the video with laughing emojis, maybe in future he will think twice about being a c**t on social media.. but I doubt it. 

Edited by Bohemian

It’s a fair point. You’d think if there was any wrongdoing done due to mistaken identity then the individual involved will have grounds to hire a good criminal defence lawyer.

I don’t think anyone will disagree with you.

It's not like throbber to mix his metaphors.

I just repeated what the poster I was quoting had said without thinking it through.

29 minutes ago, throbber said:

I just repeated what the poster I was quoting had said without thinking it through.

Not like you to "not think things through".

Not like you to "not think things through".

Well this is true but my point still stands about the shameful vigilante name shaming antics of Celtic fan pages on Facebook.

Well this is true but my point still stands about the shameful vigilante name shaming antics of Celtic fan pages on Facebook.

There's the real issue for throbber "Celtic fan pages"