Scotland's Shame

3 hours ago, young_bairn said:

Has this punishment been blamed on the SNP yet?

Spent a couple of minutes laughing at reading Rangers media earlier, and you'd be as surprised as I to hear that it's actually all down to UEFA being a direct arm of the papacy.

Edited by JamieThomas

Is this reporting  of singing offensive  songs not the reason that The Rangers banned Chis Mclaughlan , of the BBC , from reporting from Ibrox.. Sure it was what started the stand off between the 2 , with the BBC saying they should be able to send anyone they like ..Anyhow ,, should be some interesting debate on Sportsound the next few days me thinks 😎

10 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

This has been coming for a while.  TBB had been dropped from the songbook for a number of years, but it's been allowed to creep back in.  Maybe this will be a wake up call for some of the dolts that still persist on singing it.

The majority of tweets ive seen so far about this from Rangers fans has been of a similar view to mine, but I have seen a few "ah but, whit aboot them?!".  f**k up and get our own house in order before bleating on about other clubs.

10 hours ago, IggyStooge said:

Please just stop trying to peddle this myth about it being a minority.

Just stop. Deal with your own cognitive dissonance but don't take the rest of us for mugs.

Thanks.

9 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Please point out the part of my post where I said it was a minority or otherwise that are singing it?

Thanks.

Please point out the part of my post where I mentioned singing. I was obviously referring to the whole gamut of behaviour from the troglodytes who follow the same footballing structure as your good self (including online behaviour - and I can tell you that you are very much wrong about a make-believe decent majority on that particular cesspit of social media which Rangers fans manage to drag to new depths on a minute-by-minute basis).

But, while you are on the subject, does that mean you perhaps finally agree that it is indeed absolutely the majority of your support who are singing these songs? Or is it only creeping back in with some of the dolts who persist with it while you and your decent Twitter majority tut-tut the few who indulge in any negative behaviour... From afar? Or do you attend games? Because that would take positively Herculean efforts of ignoring what everyone else can clearly see and hear on a weekly basis while maintaining inwardly that a decent chap like yourself would never be caught up in such scumbaggery.

Perhaps it is that very cognitive dissonance which is making you uncomfortably evasive again... You do have previous for the same kind of p***kly responses when faced with the tough questions.

7 hours ago, gastropod said:

Is this reporting  of singing offensive  songs not the reason that The Rangers banned Chis Mclaughlan , of the BBC , from reporting from Ibrox.. Sure it was what started the stand off between the 2 , with the BBC saying they should be able to send anyone they like ..Anyhow ,, should be some interesting debate on Sportsound the next few days me thinks 😎

Yes, in the interests of consistency, they're really going to have to ban this particular delegate, publicly requiring UEFA to use different ones for Ibrox in future.

Sportsound should of course back their man by going for the jugular here.  I think we can safely say that won't happen though.  

40 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, in the interests of consistency, they're really going to have to ban this particular delegate, publicly requiring UEFA to use different ones for Ibrox in future.

Sportsound should of course back their man by going for the jugular here.  I think we can safely say that won't happen though.  

I suspect that when Michael Stewart and Tom English are asked for their opinion, they will give it both barrels.

However, you are right that some of the others struggle to get their tongue out of Sevcos figurative arse.

Although they are not allowed to send reporters to Ibrox, they still do the "Chick Young watching on Rangers TV" style reporting, when frankly all they should do is report the score.

On a final point, if Dave King is serious (hint, we ken hes talking shite) when he states that "Rangers is a club open to alland we will convey this message at every opportunity" then why wouldnt that be the case for BBC Reporters?

11 hours ago, G-MAN said:

Looking at Twitter mate, the vitriol, hatred and stirring up of anger against him and Kilmarnock is not helpful at all, and slightly worrying tbh.

And before you think I’m overreacting, just think of what’s happened in the past.

It was a Kilmarnock fan who posted that irresponsible nonsense on here. 

Bloggers pretending to be in the know isn't a new problem, people should take the time to check their facts before believing and posting it elsewhere.

Guest Moomintroll
Bloggers pretending to be in the know isn't a new problem, people should take the time to check their facts before believing and posting it elsewhere.

Benny, you have been consistently criticising Rangers fans for singing those songs & indulging in behaviour that is hurting your club, I don't think you get enough recognition on here for that personally but this story has originated from a source very close to Rangers. We know it is nonsense as UEFA will only ever listen to their official match delegates & will pay zero attention to anything else but there are a dangerous amount of lunatics out there who will believe anything they hear if they perceive it as injurious to their way of life. Don't blame the Killie fan who reposted it on here, blame the idiot who created it in the first place.

2 hours ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

Gotta love Septic fans

This is a club whose outright sectarian intimidation of match officials was so bad the last time that Neil Lennon was manager that the refs went on strike!

All non OF clubs need to resign and start a new league without these scumbags

Whit?

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Random....

Not really.

You sectarian bellends are like the Whitewalkers.

Mindless idiots.

ETA Weren't you banned for something? Seems to cement my point.

Edited by Slenderman
ETA

2 hours ago, Moomintroll said:
2 hours ago, bennett said:

Benny, you have been consistently criticising Rangers fans for singing those songs & indulging in behaviour that is hurting your club, I don't think you get enough recognition on here for that personally but this story has originated from a source very close to Rangers. We know it is nonsense as UEFA will only ever listen to their official match delegates & will pay zero attention to anything else but there are a dangerous amount of lunatics out there who will believe anything they hear if they perceive it as injurious to their way of life. Don't blame the Killie fan who reposted it on here, blame the idiot who created it in the first place.

If you check back you'll notice that I've blamed both and pointed out in two posts where the blogger was wrong. Irresponsible to blog it and irresponsible to post it on here.

Since I joined PnB I've been consistent in criticising bloggers, no matter who they support.

5 minutes ago, bennett said:

If you check back you'll notice that I've blamed both and pointed out in two posts where the blogger was wrong. Irresponsible to blog it and irresponsible to post it on here.

Since I joined PnB I've been consistent in criticising bloggers, no matter who they support.

tenor.gif?itemid=8569786

22 hours ago, TrebleTwenty said:

Strict liability is coming in.  Scottish government will be forced to intervene, order local authorities to not issue safety certs and close grounds because the SFA and SPFL refuse to get their own house in order. Our game is run by a bunch of crooks.

Strict liability would be in place now if clubs had confidence in it working properly. It would have been voted through at previous SFA AGM - even if several dozen clubs voted against.

Most voted against as they fear small clubs will be hammered over minor/exceptional offences, so the authorities "are seen to be doing something", while principal offenders are avoided.

Whether accuracy of this fear would be better or worse if instead wielded by police, courts or councils? Hard to say.

Dodds and Ferguson vehemently denying the deliberate intended connection between Rangers releasing orange coloured kits and Irish Sectarianism. Warnock

Dodds and Ferguson claiming it honours the clubs past Dutch players. Special

Mikey Stewart calling them out on it. Jj zing