Scotland's Shame

6 minutes ago, Romeo said:

"Unveiling that banner"

Fucking hell.

Any truth in the rumour that the next Green Brigade banner will be...

We’re the feenyan army,

And we read P&B,

But not until our mammies,

Have made us all our tea.

Guest Moomintroll
"Unveiling that banner"

Fucking hell.
I assume you are a man in your 5th Decade, what a sad, empty life you must lead. If there is something you hate more than a Rangers fan hating you for the same reason you hate them, it is a sensible person pointing out how pathetic you are for hating them in the first place. Do not even try to deny it, your prejudices have been displayed here for all to see.

We’re the feenyan army,
And we read P&B,
Terrible patter, even by your already very low standards .

2 minutes ago, Romeo said:
9 minutes ago, pozbaird said:
We’re the feenyan army,
And we read P&B,

Terrible patter, even by your already very low standards .

Touchy. Calm down dear.

Guest Moomintroll

willy, your team are looking good so don't be a dick. I agree that there is nothing better than getting a pie in the puss when you are celebrating a goal.

Coins,bottles,coconuts and now sheds nobody is safe.
When our team scores getting hit by a pie or getting burnt with a bovril is still up there with the best.

What does ‘celebrating a goal’ mean again? I’m sure I remember one from last season. Ah, that’s right. Danny Mullen against the Tayside Penalty Kings. Almost forgot.

Edited by pozbaird

9 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

willy, your team are looking good so don't be a dick. I agree that there is nothing better than getting a pie in the puss when you are celebrating a goal.

Look I get it,it's a generation gap from being on the pitch in the 1980 cup final as a scared kid to Banners and 20 or 30 guys on the pitch celebrating a goal.
Football has came a long way never accept the unacceptable but don't let the snowflakes take over.

5 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Look I get it,it's a generation gap from being on the pitch in the 1980 cup final as a scared kid to Banners and 20 or 30 guys on the pitch celebrating a goal.
Football has came a long way never accept the unacceptable but don't let the snowflakes take over.

So you’re saying Scottish football has moved a “long way “ from the 1980 debacle , and it’s still OK to invade the pitch ?

Im no snowflake but that stance is pathetic 

Guest Moomintroll
willy, I am a big fat lump that can hold my own under any circumstance, but I wouldn't do it as I know right from wrong. I am sure we are agreeing with each other however as there is a massive difference between the violence at the 1980 Cup Final & the wee, "look at me I'm on the telly" dicks from the other day.

10 minutes ago, kennysmassiveego said:

So you’re saying Scottish football has moved a “long way “ from the 1980 debacle , and it’s still OK to invade the pitch ?

I didn't say it was OK,however there is a difference from celebrating a goal and being an angry mess or getting our kit aff.
All wrong but different intent.

Guest Moomintroll
I might be wrong here but I think that willy is saying that the people who were on the pitch in 1980 were intent on sectarian violence , whereas the wee arseholes who invaded the pitch the other day just want to to be part of a YouTube clip.

14 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Scottish Football is far from perfect, however with the exception of the minority it HAS indeed come a long way from the likes of the 80's and 90's.

As an Ayr fan I can recall being spat on and bricked by our Ayrshire neighbours (which of course was reciprocated), we faced running battles at Kirkcaldy, Airdrie, Greenock, Paisley, Clydebank and Kilmarnock to name but a few and this was pretty much week in and week out. You didn't actually think much about it at the time as you just saw it as the "norm".

While I totally condemn the behaviour of those animals at Rugby park on Sunday, it should be noted that this just isn't "Scotlands shame" as this sort of thing happens everywhere across Europe and generally is much worse than what we have in Scotland, that's not saying that unruly behaviour should be tolerated in this day and age but the majority are indeed well behaved and for guys like myself who follow their club in the Championship we generally are welcomed by the clubs and opposition supporters across the country and likewise welcome our opponents when they come to Somerset, so from that perspective things have DEFINITELY moved on.

Remember these scenes aren't even exclusive to Football as we saw the Warrington Wolves Rugby league fans attack the supporters of the Catalan Dragons only last weekend.

So while I agree with much of what has been written here, I do also believe that we should have a sense of perspective and not write off the whole of the Scottish Football world as "Scotlands shame"............

It might have been 30 or so fannies celebrating a goal, and not thousands on Hampden’s pitch back in the 80s, but we are missing the point. These fannies simply shouldn’t be on the pitch, in their thousands, hundreds, tens, or just one fanny. It only took one fanny to assault Aston Villa’s Jack Grealish. It only took an individual fanny at Celtic Park to get in the face of an opposition goalie. It is not pushing things to say some of the fannies on the pitch at Rugby Park had a bevvy in them. If one of them decides to give a Killie player a GIRFUY, rather than try for a selfie with a Sevco player?

I’m not directing this solely towards Sellik or Sevco fannies. These fannies, young or old, no matter who they support, can celebrate like fcuking madmen with no problem, just by doing it where they are standing / seated. Stay off the park, you daft cnuts.

Guest Moomintroll
Scottish Football is far from perfect, however with the exception of the minority it HAS indeed come a long way from the likes of the 80's and 90's.
As an Ayr fan I can recall being spat on and bricked by our Ayrshire neighbours (which of course was reciprocated), we faced running battles at Kirkcaldy, Airdrie, Greenock, Paisley, Clydebank and Kilmarnock to name but a few and this was pretty much week in and week out. You didn't actually think much about it at the time as you just saw it as the "norm".
While I totally condemn the behaviour of those animals at Rugby park on Sunday, it should be noted that this just isn't "Scotlands shame" as this sort of thing happens everywhere across Europe and generally is much worse than what we have in Scotland, that's not saying that unruly behaviour should be tolerated in this day and age but the majority are indeed well behaved and for guys like myself who follow their club in the Championship we generally are welcomed by the clubs and opposition supporters across the country and likewise welcome our opponents when they come to Somerset, so from that perspective things have DEFINITELY moved on.
Remember these scenes aren't even exclusive to Football as we saw the Warrington Wolves Rugby league fans attack the supporters of the Catalan Dragons only last weekend.
So while I agree with much of what has been written here, I do also believe that we should have a sense of perspective and not write off the whole of the Scottish Football world as "Scotlands shame"............

Totally agree, weirdly Methil was the worst for me although I do fondly remember being dangled head first over a bridge somewhere in Maryhill. The events at Rugby Park on Sunday were disgraceful & Rangers need to send a message to their supporters that it was unacceptable, however, at the same time, violence towards other teams supporters is rare in Scottish Football unlike Eastern Europe & The Netherlands.

It was a surprise in the last minutes of a game not to see a full line of stewards or even police or maybe not as the police just stand and take pictures now.
Rangers will get fined and pay damages to killie, plus if a section of Celtic fans want to be called the F word why would any other fan be offended?

Edited by wastecoatwilly

Green Brigade are pretty close facsimiles to Red Brigades from what I can see, the goal a quasi Nationalist Marxist upheaval of some kind fermented by mini Provo Che wannabes from a free standing football terrace. Deluded 90 minute shit stirrers but maybe not ticking the shame box yet.  What we witnessed and heard from the horde on Sunday at Rugby Park was a disgrace and full on steroid pumped Scotland's Shame.