Scotland's Shame

48 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

You would be happy to see clubs kicked out of competitions for their fans displaying a mildly offensive banner (only in the sense that it has a swear word on it) or singing an inoffensive song? I think that maybe says more about you.

Leaving aside the rights and wrongs of the situation, it is Celtic and that would make it very funny. 
They’ll get a wee fine or something though, sadly. 

5 hours ago, craigkillie said:

You would be happy to see clubs kicked out of competitions for their fans displaying a mildly offensive banner (only in the sense that it has a swear word on it) or singing an inoffensive song? I think that maybe says more about you.

It would be harsh, but fair and incredibly funny.

On 15/09/2022 at 21:05, Archie McSquackle said:

Rightly or wrongly (I'm not a monarchist but I'm not getting involved in the rights and wrongs), traditionally the monarch is the head of the Church of England so it sort of goes without saying they have to be C of E. It's a bit like saying the Pope has to be Catholic.

The rules were no doubt written when they wouldn't have considered any other religion so I assume that's why only Roman Catholics are specifically excluded.

This, but also why are people who clearly aren’t CoE acting like their God given Idol has just been taken away.

On 16/09/2022 at 08:36, bdu98196 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62920846

Shame its an organisation with no spine so very little will be done as usual by other UEFA actions against these protagonists and others. Boot them both out of the competition as an example would be a fitting punishment and emphasise that they are indeed not important to European football anywhere other than their own heads, but we all know it'll be a minor fine or warning - with the same behaviours continuing both overseas and domestically.

The Celtic fans have done absolutely nothing wrong with their banners, and the only thing that UEFA might pick up on is the use of a swear word. For the last week and a bit we have been almost instructed to mourn for an unelected head of state, a billionaire with wealth unimaginable to you or I. She also passed laws to hide that wealth from public scrutiny, although the Crown estate is estimated to be worth £14 billion. With the state the UK is in these days, I won’t blame anyone who doesn’t want to stand at a football game and honour the Queens death. 

There is absolutely no need for a monarchy in 2022, and if football fans can’t show dissent towards a Royal family without being shut down or having people demand punishment then it’s a slippery slope we are going down. 

5 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The big difference between the John Paul II  and Queen Elizabeth II is that as far as we know the latter only spent millions to keep one sex offender out of trouble as opposed to loads of them

Reminds me of the old song...

"Five Popes gone but the Queen lives on, doo  dah, doo dah...

On 17/09/2022 at 14:17, Clown Job said:

Who is embarrassed exactly?

Are you? 

Jim White got a text from a Celtic fan along the lines that the G.B. do not represent the majority of Celtic fans.

e.g. Remembrance Day , " shove your poppies up your **** " getting booed at Celtic Park

11 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

No as I’m not a Celtic fan.

Grown men chipping into some type of fund to produce banners like this is absolutely pathetic.

Ah yes because Celtic fans are the only ones you’ll see at a football ground with banners 

I think you’re trying a bit too hard to be upset

Edited by Clown Job

2 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Ah yes because Celtic fans are the only ones you’ll see at a football ground with banners 

I think you’re trying a bit too hard to be upset

So let me be clear then.

Anyone that brings a banner to football that isn’t football related is absolutely pathetic.

19 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The big difference between the John Paul II  and Queen Elizabeth II is that as far as we know the latter only spent millions to keep one sex offender out of trouble as opposed to loads of them

The Pope didn't father any of those priests.  Probably.