Scotland's Shame

Parliament, under the Bill of Rights and the Act of Settlement, also laid down various conditions which the Sovereign must meet. A Roman Catholic is specifically excluded from succession to the throne. https://www.royal.uk/succession

no mention of the rest

Going by his trip to NI, King Chick is a Shinner anyway

1 hour ago, Stevie67 said:
2 hours ago, kennie makevin said:
We are all excluded from succession to the British throne; atheists, Scots, Presbyterians, Welsh, Methodists, English, Episcopalians, Shetlanders, Jews and on and on the list goes for those not in the 'royal' bloodline.  So sorry to burst your wee grievance bubble but we are all together in a pretty big boat in this one........

You do talk some shite

Aw geez peace. Anyway we're talking about a medieval feudal institution, with a long sorry history of usurpation, Machiavellian back-stabbing and political assassinations based on who follows the right doctrine concerning a fairytale of an imaginary puppet-master who lives in the clouds. Would you really want to be associated with such a shower in reality? In 2022? Enough to get your panties wet on here?

It's reserved for blue bloods which 99.999% of the population of these isles do no fit into. The fact the establishment at the time would invite and welcome a Dutch coup, rebrand it as a Glorious Revolution then approach mad German aristocracy to get involved with the two only provisos that they were tenuous linked nobility and protestant (probably Lutheran) was enough.

2 hours ago, Stevie67 said:
3 hours ago, kennie makevin said:
We are all excluded from succession to the British throne; atheists, Scots, Presbyterians, Welsh, Methodists, English, Episcopalians, Shetlanders, Jews and on and on the list goes for those not in the 'royal' bloodline.  So sorry to burst your wee grievance bubble but we are all together in a pretty big boat in this one........

You do talk some shite

No I don't and if the fact that 99.9% of the populace are excluded from any chance of being head of state is not something you agree with or understand then the 'shite' , as you put it is all with you, sir.

Lots of anti irish/Catholic sentiment in this thread ..hardly surprising when we live in a country where a Roman Catholic is excluded from succession to the British throne .
Rightly or wrongly (I'm not a monarchist but I'm not getting involved in the rights and wrongs), traditionally the monarch is the head of the Church of England so it sort of goes without saying they have to be C of E. It's a bit like saying the Pope has to be Catholic.

The rules were no doubt written when they wouldn't have considered any other religion so I assume that's why only Roman Catholics are specifically excluded.

3 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

Aw geez peace. Anyway we're talking about a medieval feudal institution, with a long sorry history of usurpation, Machiavellian back-stabbing and political assassinations based on who follows the right doctrine concerning a fairytale of an imaginary puppet-master who lives in the clouds. Would you really want to be associated with such a shower in reality? In 2022? Enough to get your panties wet on here?

I got confused about which side you’re referring to here..  The Catholic Church or the monarchy??

On 14/09/2022 at 20:44, VictorOnopko said:

A good night to bump this thread.  Rangers' staunch tribute to John Lydon/Vivian from the Young Ones, and Celtic's wee boys out in Poland telling some Ukrainians how much they hate a Netflix series.  A photo finish (I was about to say a dead heat...) in the cringe stakes.

cfc.jpg

rfc.jpg

Good bump, a particularly tragic week as displays by the two sets of knuckledraggers go.

On 14/09/2022 at 21:05, Number seven said:

Why is a tribute to the queen seen as “Scotlands shame?Please explain.

Because the rest of the country is fucking embarrassed seeing that cringeworthy shite. I'd have thought the term "Scotland's shame" was self-explanatory.

8 hours ago, deadasdillinger said:

Good bump, a particularly tragic week as displays by the two sets of knuckledraggers go.

Because the rest of the country is fucking embarrassed seeing that cringeworthy shite. I'd have thought the term "Scotland's shame" was self-explanatory.

image.thumb.png.513aad8cdf80e8de2a281a490169eb60.png

Good bump, but you didn't like the post??

In hindsight it probably wasn't a great idea to resurrect this thread about both arsecheeks embarrassing themselves - as the last few pages have been eye-bleeding stuff.

Edited by VictorOnopko

7 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

image.thumb.png.513aad8cdf80e8de2a281a490169eb60.png

Good bump, but you didn't like the post??

In hindsight it probably wasn't a great idea to resurrect this thread about both arsecheeks embarrassing themselves - as the last few pages have been eye-bleeding stuff.

Weird, I can only blame my King Charles sausage fingers. Fixed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62920846

Shame its an organisation with no spine so very little will be done as usual by other UEFA actions against these protagonists and others. Boot them both out of the competition as an example would be a fitting punishment and emphasise that they are indeed not important to European football anywhere other than their own heads, but we all know it'll be a minor fine or warning - with the same behaviours continuing both overseas and domestically.

40 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

You would be happy to see clubs kicked out of competitions for their fans displaying a mildly offensive banner (only in the sense that it has a swear word on it) or singing an inoffensive song? I think that maybe says more about you.

I'm certainly with you on the ludicrous suggestion that they be kicked out of Europe. And you're also right that Celtic fans, particularly their away support, are such an inoffensive bunch and I'm sure that they're all really nice to their mums. Just let them get on with whatever they want to do...oh wait...