Scotland's Shame

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

It’s not the content of the Green Brigade banners that offends me. As a retired graphic designer, it’s that w**k typeface they keep using on their banners that offends me. Gie’s a good solid Gill Sans Bold or something. Scotland’s shame indeed.

Century Gothic FTW IMO

4 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Hilarious isn't it. Groups that want to portray the image of being football hard men and ultras who stand up for the ideologies of their clubs (and religions it seems) all gathering around one guys house on an evening with some paper and paints to do 'Arts and crafts night'. Kind of like toddlers in nursery getting to do playtime and make some pretty pictures for mummy and daddy to be proud. All under the guise of in preparation of the upcoming big game.

Bit pathetic really when you think deeper into it.

Bet they get on the Sports Direct black joggers and jumpers when they do it too.  Its utterly omni-tragic.

3 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

Century Gothic FTW IMO

Good shout. I do like Gill Sans Bold myself, but by Christ, Eric Gill was a bit of a lad. Erm, aye, so… anything sans serif would surely be better than the Green Brigade’s default typeface. I’m not sure but I think it might be Rebel Lite, or Papal Italic.

Edited by pozbaird

4 minutes ago, Stevie67 said:

Lots of anti irish/Catholic sentiment in this thread ..hardly surprising when we live in a country where a Roman Catholic is excluded from succession to the British throne .

You make a good point. Only one candidate IMHO. Would have made a feckin’ brilliant King William. 

1F6C4EDA-08B1-430F-97B0-E2CD85E4BC1B.jpeg

4 hours ago, Buckets said:

As for rebels songs in Ireland? Walk into any pub playing live music on a Saturday night. Usually they're not singing Coldplay.

I like the Irish. I now like them even more. 😁

Edited by pozbaird

17 minutes ago, Stevie67 said:

Lots of anti irish/Catholic sentiment in this thread ..hardly surprising when we live in a country where a Roman Catholic is excluded from succession to the British throne .

We are all excluded from succession to the British throne; atheists, Scots, Presbyterians, Welsh, Methodists, English, Episcopalians, Shetlanders, Jews and on and on the list goes for those not in the 'royal' bloodline.  So sorry to burst your wee grievance bubble but we are all together in a pretty big boat in this one........

9 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Right! Who's upset the religious nutters???

Tbf...if someone from the EBC had said merrily 'and here they are going past the Duke of Cumberland's house, who cleared the Highlanders out of Scotland', I'd have been ****ing raging. 

As much as I was when that prize plum faux historian gadgie talked about the Clearances being an 'emigration' like it was a holiday...

We are all excluded from succession to the British throne; atheists, Scots, Presbyterians, Welsh, Methodists, English, Episcopalians, Shetlanders, Jews and on and on the list goes for those not in the 'royal' bloodline.  So sorry to burst your wee grievance bubble but we are all together in a pretty big boat in this one........
You do talk some shite